Question for the daily weighers

Options

Replies

• nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I weigh in everyday and log it. I think it keeps me more accountable.

this
  • ntlpeterson
    ntlpeterson Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday. I am only going to log when I am consistantly at a certain weight.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I only log my weight if I lose.
  • Martin1946
    Options
    I weigh 3 times a week when I visit the gym

That way it's the same scale
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    I weigh once a day (usually ) and log once a week, unless it went up, then I leave it until I have a loss.
  • newstar44
    newstar44 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I weigh pretty much every day and log on Sunday mornings. I find that logging on Sunday keeps me on track for the weekend.
  • BlackKat75
    BlackKat75 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I weigh and log every day - frustrating to see it go up, but I feel it's good to recognize the possible fluctuation and track it to my cycle.
  • Hikaru001
    Options
    I'm sure this isn't "right" but it's what works for me, and that's all I really care about. I weigh myself just about every day. If I find that I lost weight, I will record it. If I'm the same, or a bit higher than my lowest, I don't.

Wow, I do the exact same thing! If two days in a row I lose weight then I'll record both- and if I don't lose for two weeks then I won't record for two weeks. It's worked so far.
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Weigh Daily, only log losses after they "stick" for a couple of days.
    Stopped logging completely at 3 pounds under goal even though I fluctuate between 2-5 pounds under goal because I have no intention of "maintaining" those lower weights.
  • lroberts5
    Options
    I was getting pretty obsessive about weighing multiple times a day and it was messing with my head to see the fluctuations even though I know they were perfectly normal and ok fluctuations. I took the scale away from myself for the month of August. Weighed in on August 1st and I'll weigh again on Sept 1st. Though I did have a cheat today at the dr, but their scale isn't mine. I needed the mental break. Nothing wrong with everyday if you can handle the natural fluctuations.
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day (sometimes multiple times just out of curiosity) but only log it once a week.

Nothing wrong with logging every day IMHO - if nothing else, it shows a trend of all the ups and downs from water weight, etc.

This is what I do. If you so, however, I forbid you from stressing over gains. There WILL be fluctuations day-to-day and you'd drive yourself crazy.
  • daylily2005
    daylily2005 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I also weigh daily and log only when I hit a new low. I keep a spreadsheet with daily weight and then a 5 day average. It's cool to see daily numbers go up and down and see how it trends out over the last 5 days :)

special thanks to one of my friends on here for sharing her spreadsheet. genius idea!
  • celieber
    Options
    I probably weigh myself 6 or 7 times a day on average, but I record only the first weigh-in right when I wake up. It's enlightening to understand how your weight fluctuates throughout the day. As long as you don't get discouraged when your weight goes up from one day to the next every so often (i.e., you just pay attention to general trend), then it is fine.
  • ysm0709
    ysm0709 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm frustrated with different calorie count's that website's have for the same food. One site will have one calorie count and the other site a totally different calorie count, how do you keep on track if you don't know exactly what your eating and the calories associated with it?
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning. Get up, use the restroom, strip, weigh, get in shower. Some days i log and some days i don't. More depends on if i'm running late or if i just forget to. I usually log just about every day though. It's just part of my routine. I realize that i can fluctuate a few lbs every day so i just watch for a gradual down-curve.
  • jessica14634
    Options
    I weigh once a week because sometimes your weight can fluctuate so it is better to weigh your self once a week for a more accurate weight. But hey if it does not bother you to weigh daily than go for it. I just want to see some results it makes me depressed when I try really hard and do not lose anything.
  • Sardine239
    Sardine239 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm sure this isn't "right" but it's what works for me, and that's all I really care about. I weigh myself just about every day. If I find that I lost weight, I will record it. If I'm the same, or a bit higher than my lowest, I don't.

I do the same thing. If I'm up in weight for several days, I will log it.
  • StoutGirl09
    StoutGirl09 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    What I was told to do by my dietitian is weigh myself everyday and mark it down on a calendar, always take that number and remember + or - 3 pounds because of water weight, then look at the numbers mon-mon tues-tues and so on to see which days you are higher weight and which days you are lower, you can then work on those days that are higher. So although you weigh yourself everyday its just a number until you get to whatever your weigh in day is where you look at for example mine is wednesday to wednesdays weight.

So i only weigh in on MFP once a week but have a different calendar where you write it down everyday.

ONLY MEASURE YOURSELF ONCE A MONTH.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning, and I keep track of it in a separate spreadsheet along with most of the parameters I track here. Helps me to look at the trends over time, compare fluctuations with macros, types of workouts etc. I have OCD though, this type of tracking may drive a regular person crazy!

I only log on here after a couple days where I'm sure the loss is a real loss rather than a water fluctuation.
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh daily but I do weigh a few times a week but I don't record until I lose weight.