A NEW kind of 30 day challenge!

Options

Replies

• Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Posted this in the wrong topic earlier: Yesterday's posts about closet-cleaning got me motivated. In the Goodwill pile: 2 suits, 3 jackets, 3 blouses, 3 skirts and 8 pairs of slacks that are too big. Hooray! Fortunately I have 5-6 pairs of slacks the next size down that lingered in the closet and can be worn again as I want to wait to shop. I also weighed and measured as counterpoint to being 'smaller', which also motivated me to go to the Y this afternoon, too, to continue the progress. [The Y is done now - check it off the list!]
  • cyndimcd
    cyndimcd Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I took at nap today. I feel so much better!

PrayerofAmity I was not familiar with the Thelema material, thanks for pointing this out.

Gardengail, I totally agree on the Dave Ramsay material. I think his humor helps to make a difficult process more fun. It's amazing how forming a budget can be transforming.
  • snykim2005
    snykim2005 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Last night me and my husband had our first date night since a couple months before the baby was born, which is about 5 months ago. He suprised me with tickets to go see the Counting Crows ( one of my favorite bands. ) I havent had that much fun in a long time , and I think it realy made me feel like myself again. I actually felt like Kimberly again, Instead of just " Mom" :)
    Today we went to our family reunion , and got to see all the people we never get to see ( all of our family lives in another state) .
    I got to show off the baby for the first time since he was born , and it was fun to see everyone oooing and ahhing over him :)
    Great weekend!
  • Gardengail
    Options
    Cyndimcd - You don't live too far from us. We are in Canton.
  • PrayerofAmity
    PrayerofAmity Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Yay for all of you :). Yesterday I spent half an hour reading "The Mystical Qabalah" and spent an hour playing a card game with my kids. :)
  • Gardengail
    Options
    Yikes - what a day! So glad to finally be home. Half-days in my office is literally 12 hours -- today it was 13 hours. It was just crazy, disjointed and exhausting. Too much! I'm ready for bed.
  • IrenieL
    IrenieL Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Can I join you ? As a mom of 4 busy kids ( whom are all hoe for the summer) me time is very limited , but I think I need it . I am not sure what I am going to do yet ( maybe read a book locked in the bathroom) but I am looking forward to reading your ideas!
  • rjsimpson2002
    rjsimpson2002 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Today I took the kids down to the river and looked at how beautiful and wild it is today after all the rain yesterday. :happy:
  • dmbgoral
    dmbgoral Posts: 27
    Options
    Love this idea, thanks for sharing it :smile:
  • PrayerofAmity
    PrayerofAmity Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard to the new peeps. Joining in late doesn't matter, as long as you join in :)
  • togden
    togden Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'm in ..... I will spend 30 minutes doing whatever my daughter wants ... I know it says to do something relaxing for ourselves BUT being a single mommy I find that M- F I pick up my daughter from daycare around 5pm and she is in bed by 8pm ... In those 3 hours we have packed lunches, had a bath, cooked and ate dinner, I have finished my homework for school (im also a full time student) and probably worked on work Ive brought home (Im a teacher so i always have student work with me) .....

Just the other day my daughter looked at me and said "Mommy I miss you" ... that killed me and so again I dedicate my 30 minutes to her - it can be reading books, blowing bubbles, walking to the park, whatever and if her bedtime changes to 8:30 because of it then so be it!
  • cyndimcd
    Options
    Cyndimcd - You don't live too far from us. We are in Canton.

GardenGail - just friended you - we lived in Canton for 5 years, just moved from there 2 years ago.
  • cyndimcd
    Options
    I'm in ..... I will spend 30 minutes doing whatever my daughter wants ... I know it says to do something relaxing for ourselves BUT being a single mommy I find that M- F I pick up my daughter from daycare around 5pm and she is in bed by 8pm ... In those 3 hours we have packed lunches, had a bath, cooked and ate dinner, I have finished my homework for school (im also a full time student) and probably worked on work Ive brought home (Im a teacher so i always have student work with me) .....

Just the other day my daughter looked at me and said "Mommy I miss you" ... that killed me and so again I dedicate my 30 minutes to her - it can be reading books, blowing bubbles, walking to the park, whatever and if her bedtime changes to 8:30 because of it then so be it!

So much of this challenge is the attitude that we bring with us. Determining to spend time and bring joy into the time with your daughter is a beautiful goal!
  • cyndimcd
    Options
    I began a lunchtime brown bag study on Tuesdays, and we had our first session today. The group decided to study first and then eat, rather than multitask. I am so glad for this decision, as having lunch with new friends and no agenda was terrific. I really enjoyed getting to know these folks and talking about ordinary stuff rather than trying to be purposeful the whole time.
  • lllisa453
    Options
    I Lisa resolve to spend 30 minutes participating in life. For so many years, I have sat on the sidelines and let life come as it may without any input or hard work from me. I live in my head and pledge to do one thing each day that brings me back to life. Today, I have done this by posting instead of just browsing.
  • ebbyzone
    ebbyzone Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm in! Better late than never I guess. :)

I haven't spent any quality time with myself in far too long, and I definitely feel the effects. I have lots of reading & writing that I've shunted off to the side; guess it's time to grab those notebooks and bring those stories to life.
  • rjsimpson2002
    rjsimpson2002 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I am going to have some time just to myself this evening - no chores or fitting in with the rest of the family but just reading my kindle with no TV on.
  • cyndimcd
    Options
    I needed some peaceful reading this morning, so turned to one of my favorite Quaker writers (Richard Foster). It was a much better day for having started this way.
  • cyndimcd
    Options
    I'm in! Better late than never I guess. :)

I haven't spent any quality time with myself in far too long, and I definitely feel the effects. I have lots of reading & writing that I've shunted off to the side; guess it's time to grab those notebooks and bring those stories to life.

Welcome Ebbyzone. I'm a journaler, but never go back and read what I wrote in the journals. :-) You are right, writing is definitely quality time. I find a lot of healing in writing, it helps me to deal with stress.

What kind of stories are your writing?
  • Gardengail
    Options
    DH and I will be getting new phones soon. Who uses the MFP app?