Bumping for info...Thanks!
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    bump
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I was planning to do an Excel Spreadsheet and this may save me the trouble. I'll go take a look, thank you much, denise
    Also on BLOG:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/heybales?month=201207

After observing so many desiring to increase their calories to get out of a stall, but the confusion over different BMR values found, different TDEE calculators doing things different ways, desires to still eat back exercise calories and basically use MFP but tweak it, I wanted a spreadsheet with everything in one place.

I could never find a site that really had everything in one place, though some came close. If I could do web page coding, I could have done it there. But I think there is something to be said for a spreadsheet you can download as Excel or into your own Google account, and keep your figures for future reference and changes, which a web page can't give you.

So this Spreadsheet is hopefully self-explanatory if you have seen any of the discussions regarding TDEE and deficits (Roadmap from helloitsdan, EM2WL group, ect), and BMR, ect. It is not totally meant as educational, which you can get elsewhere.

So it does appear busy, because I think it's interesting to see all the figures at once, so you can see that sometimes, concern over minor values really doesn't change things much in the end. Just read carefully to see what is going on, and don't accidently wipe out non-yellow cells. I wanted explanations.

There is sample data there already, perhaps viewing what was going on with example person my help explain how to use for yourself. But delete data in yellow cells before putting in your own info, no need for confusion.

Each tab has an explanation at top as to why you may want to use that method, or what that tab does for you.

The BMR/TDEE Deficit tab, shows you the 3 different calcs for BMR you've probably seen. And then three ways of trying to nail your real TDEE figure (pick one). Then several deficit methods that I've seen referenced in studies or is popular, and when you might use that deficit method. Pick one or a middle value of extremes perhaps. And how to change the MFP settings.

The MFP Tweak tab, is merely to get the Daily goal figure above whatever number you want to use as bare minimum, be that better estimated BMR or perhaps a RMR figure you got from a test. Then you eat back HRM based exercise calories. For when your workouts are too iffy to include in daily TDEE value based on weekly average.

The Macros tab is new and deals with some of the common advice on how much protein, fat, and carbs to eat if not straight % method, which is what MFP uses. So now a means to get your amounts, and convert to a %, and what to change in MFP to meet your eating goals. Also included some Zone diet calcs I had from years ago using this method during endurance training, in case you do that diet in general.

The HRM tab is some changes to the HRM you could do for better calorie burn estimates, and getting your HR training zones for better training. Included a new section on getting your Lactate Threshold figured out for performance training. Perhaps the weight is coming off and now you want to train smart for an event and being fast or have endurance.

The Eating For Future You was the start of the spreadsheet, and is specific method that is more work to nail daily activity, but perhaps better potential if honest.

I'm hopefully done tweaking, as I got suggestions from my friends list and the first version was out for awhile, but let me know if something lacking or wrong. Which means check back for updates compared to your saved version. The date is there.

The sheet mentions the fact you can copy it to your own Google account, or download it as Excel, and most the formatting looks correct, the math is the same. The one that is there is locked of course so no accidental changes.

Hope you can find it useful.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Amt7QBR9-c6MdGVTbGswLUUzUHNVVUlNSW9wZWloeUE
  • bluepacific71
    Options
    Bump
  • MoonIite
    MoonIite Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the spreadsheet, makes my life so much easier!

Bump for those who missed the thread
  • jayvzcochran
    Options
    bump
  • ResetJen
    ResetJen Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Thanks....I look forward to playing with this :-)
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Any usefulness to this being a place to log like weekly stats, to see perhaps a tad easier, movement over time?

Or is this more useful to just use when time to update personal measurements an recalc goals, otherwise it waits?

To that question, I can get the formula's for the 3 bodyfat% estimate methods, any desire to have it included, where again stats would be saved for next time?
  • saramerrigan
    saramerrigan Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I think ti would be good to have somewhere to record weekly stats, movement etc

I'm running my stats in a separate spreadsheet at the moment so would be cool to see what you have in mind!
  • fat214
    fat214 Posts: 109
    Options
  • JacquelineD35
    JacquelineD35 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    bump
  • heybales
    Options
    I used a new Google spreadsheet feature to lock down the cells that have formula's in them.
    But I have no idea if they stay that way when you make your copy, or download as Excel spreadsheet.

If someone gets the spreadsheet today, let me know if your personal copy is still accepting input. It's impossible for me to test that fully.

Thanks.
  • lrcross
    lrcross Posts: 42
    Options
    ...very detailed! Thanks for sharing...
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    thanks
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Is there an actual spreadsheet? I was not able to find one.
  • heybales
    Options
    Is there an actual spreadsheet? I was not able to find one.

Link still works, maybe missed it in original post.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Amt7QBR9-c6MdGVTbGswLUUzUHNVVUlNSW9wZWloeUE
  • ebh2217
    ebh2217 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow what a lot of work, most appreciated!
  • amandajayne11
    amandajayne11 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This is awesome. Thank you so much for sharing all your hard work :)
  • RoseAsRose
    Options
    Bump - this is good stuff!
This discussion has been closed.