Beautiful Blues

Options

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    jess-is that 450 cals by the treadmill or HRM? Way to work hard

took all of our Christmas stuff down Sunday. Nice to have the house back to normal but now it seems so bland! :wink:

Mary what's neuromas?? Is it for plantar facitis? My heal is hurting again - I need new horseshoe inserts in my running shoes...the first pair lost their sticky hope to get there this weekend.

I made clam chowder and grilled cheese for supper last night....chowder cooked all day it was yummy but the recipe was not by measurement for a serving it was just 1/4 of recipe....well I doubled the recipe and we got 5 bowls out of it.....serving size is really small for a single batch....I entered 1.5 servings on my log but I was still worried that I had more than I thought so I got inspired watching biggest loser and during the first 6 commercial breaks (breaks were from 3:35 to 4:00 long), I did some exercise...1st-cardio--running in place, 2nd crunches and more crunches 3rd punches 4th leg work (squats, leg lifts) 5th wall squat (held for 4 minutes-ouch) 6th was plank holds...I was burning 20-28 cals per commercial break so that's over 125....felt pretty good about it!

Now only 1.6 pounds away from my pre holiday weight....its coming off really fast.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Wow Chrissy, you are inspiring. I am taking the day off exercise today because I think I need to. I can't wait until I am back to where I was.

My Christmas stuff is almost all put away. Just a few small things left I forgot about. It is amazing how fast it goes down once you get to it. I am a pure procrastinator at heart!!

Mary, good luck with your neuroma--I believe it is just an overgrowth of nerve tissue that starts to get painful. My grandpa had one that he just had surgically removed. He is feeling much better (he's 78 and they eat well and exercise everyday. I would bet that he and my grandma could run circles around me at times. I hope to be like them in my 70's, another reason I am trying to be healthy now!)

I was down a lb this morning :drinker: and Aunt flo decided to pay a visit so I am very impressed! Usually that puts me a couple lbs up!! I am hoping to see 173 really soon and it looks as though I may. :bigsmile:

Have a great day everyone!:flowerforyou:
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    MOrnin all

It is so cold here in AL that the company across the street now has an ice sculpture from were they had a pipe burst and freeze over night. I know it is not nice of me to say this but I am enjoying looking at the pretty ice sculpture even tho they had a pipe burst and it will cost them money to fix they are all nice people over there.

Please say a prayer for a lady I work with(kinda) she is having surgery tomorrow on her foot and I am worried about her. Clara is 71 and works up in our corporate office and even thought I have never met her in person I realy like her and she reminds me of my Granny. I hope all goes well for her but she will not be able to come back to work for a month.
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good morning!!!! I love reading everyone's posts on here. You guys are a great group, lol! And, it is *so* awesome to see us working at this over the holidays. I remember a time I would just eat and eat and eat ... acting like the holiDAY was months long!!!!

I am trying not to weigh myself till Friday or Saturday morning. I'm working out extra hard this week and only eating around 200-300 of my exercise calories. Monday and Tuesday evening at the Rec Center, I managed to burn a little over 1000 calories!! Woohoo! I planned on doing some simply exercises during the commercials last night while watching Biggest Loser ... but I was completely dead, lol. I even fell asleep before seeing who went home! :frown: I woke up about half an hour later when my boyfriend's cellphone farted. Yeah. Apparently he got a new ringtone. Ugh... boys. :laugh:

Question - what kind of water bottles to you guys use?? I realized yesterday that the one I've been using for over a year has BPA in it, which has been linked to things like breast cancer, type 2 diabetes and several other health issues. I just threw it away and am heading to a sporting goods store on my lunch break to pick up another bottle.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    we have several of the nathan bottles from ****s sporting goods.....with pink ribbons on them! They are more tin than plastic.
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    debnu1- congrats on the weight loss, and after the TOM is over for you, you'll lose even more weight. It happens to me all the time.

lcorrell14- I saw the biggest loser and I was crying all over the place. This season is very powerful and they're saying the contestants are really bigger now. I use a water bottle from klean kanteen, http://www.kleankanteen.com/
    or swiss also has another brand here: http://mysigg.com/
    I love them, and they are bpa free, and eco-friendly and they come in different colors and graphics.

The scale is playing with me because last week I exercised my butt off and ate very clean, and it's not going down, actually went up. I think it's because I increased my exercise, and maybe because I didn't eat any of my exercise calories. I'm trying not to focus on that, or it will bring me down. This week my exercise has been really good, and I'm eating like maybe half my exercise calories, as I do feel more hungry.
    Just to let you all know, the reason why I don't eat my exercise calories in the past is because I am at home all day and am basically not doing anything, so my body is not hungry. I find that when I'm studying for school I do eat more because my brain needs food to think, or when I'm out working or doing errands I also get more hungry and eat.

So my plan for today in terms of exercise is to do Jillian Michaels' banish fat boost metabolism and ab ripper x from p 90x. Jillian kicks my butt every time and doing her dvd is like worst than the gym for me. So, I do prefer the gym than her dvd. It's like a love/hate relationship with her because I do like it that she is tough but hate because she wipes me out.

Have a good day all and let's give it our all!
  • debnu1
    Options
    I thought the BPA is only an issue if the Bottles get hot with the water in them, that is when it leaches out...Anyone know for sure? I have been using a rubbermaid bottle with a straw. I don't know if it is BPA free or not, but I love it.
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I think bpa has to do with the bottle leaching. Here's the article from the klean kanteen website: http://www.kleankanteen.com/about/bpa.html

Also, here's an article from the mayo clinic: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/bpa/AN01955

Question
    What is BPA? Should I be worried about it?

Answer
    from Katherine Zeratsky, R.D., L.D.

Bisphenol A (BPA) is a chemical used in polycarbonate plastic food and beverage containers and in resin linings for cans. Research has shown that BPA can leach into food from these containers and cans. Because BPA appears to cause health problems in animal studies, some scientists are concerned about the risk BPA poses to humans.

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) says that current levels of exposure to BPA are not an immediate health risk. However, the FDA acknowledges that more research is needed. If you're concerned about potential risk, you can take simple steps to reduce your and your family's exposure to BPA:

* Choose glass or BPA-free plastic baby bottles.
    * Use glass, porcelain or stainless steel containers for hot foods and liquids.
    * Avoid plastic containers with the No. 7 recycling label — they're made with BPA.
    * Don't microwave polycarbonate plastic food containers. Instead, use glass containers designed for microwaving.
    * Reduce your use of canned foods — many cans are lined with a BPA-containing resin.
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    WOW - I have lots of reading to do! BUMP for later!! :wink:
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I have a Camelbak water bottle. It is BPA Free as well.

It snowed nearly 9.5 inches in England!! We built a huge snowman and have been hanging out outside. If we are off work tomorrow as well (and I think we will be), the plan is to build an igloo. This much snow in england is similar to this much snow in maybe South Carolina. They do not treat the roads at all or plow the roads. I can't tell the difference between the road, sidewalk and grass.

Sounds like everyone is doing well. I'll touch base with you all again soon.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I RAN OUTSIDE TODAY! Windchill of 20 when i started and 30 when I finished - layered up and sweated like crazy!
  • debnu1
    Options
    Chrissy, you are one determined lady!! You are awesome! How far did you go?
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    jess-is that 450 cals by the treadmill or HRM? Way to work hard

took all of our Christmas stuff down Sunday. Nice to have the house back to normal but now it seems so bland! :wink:

Mary what's neuromas?? Is it for plantar facitis? My heal is hurting again - I need new horseshoe inserts in my running shoes...the first pair lost their sticky hope to get there this weekend.

I made clam chowder and grilled cheese for supper last night....chowder cooked all day it was yummy but the recipe was not by measurement for a serving it was just 1/4 of recipe....well I doubled the recipe and we got 5 bowls out of it.....serving size is really small for a single batch....I entered 1.5 servings on my log but I was still worried that I had more than I thought so I got inspired watching biggest loser and during the first 6 commercial breaks (breaks were from 3:35 to 4:00 long), I did some exercise...1st-cardio--running in place, 2nd crunches and more crunches 3rd punches 4th leg work (squats, leg lifts) 5th wall squat (held for 4 minutes-ouch) 6th was plank holds...I was burning 20-28 cals per commercial break so that's over 125....felt pretty good about it!

Now only 1.6 pounds away from my pre holiday weight....its coming off really fast.

by my HRM
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    I'm so very sore today. I did Jillian last chance workout and I couldn't even finish it was hard. I then went on the treadmill lastnight and my legs are SO sore. My body is sore. I don't know if I should workout tonight or if I should take a night off. I really want to workout at least 5 times a week. what do you guys think?? Is that ok the 5 times a week?? Should I take tonight off or should I atleast try and get on the treadmill for a while??
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies and info about BPA. The water from my old water bottle would sometimes taste a little like plastic. I read yesterday that the plastic taste is actually the leaching. Ew! So, I went to Di(k's Sporting Goods on my lunch and picked up a Nalgene bottle that's BPA-free. It's also 32 ounces! Huge!! :smile:

I bought some coffee and Diet Swiss Miss at Wal-Mart. I *highly* recommend both!! The coffee is Harmony Bay Hazelnut Creme. Mmmm!! Who knew something with no calories could be so delicious.:heart::drinker:
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    I love the diet swissmis that is the best.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Chrissy, you are one determined lady!! You are awesome! How far did you go?

right at 5 miles....I got to use the Garmin Forerunner 305 that I got for Christmas tell you how far you've gone, your pace, heart rate, cals burned---so cool!
  • debnu1
    Options
    j_g as far as exercising I would do one day of higher intensity and the next lower for 6 days a week. I have been told that your heart is a muscle to and you should give it some rest to get stronger.

Chrissy, 5 miles is so awesome, Someday I will run that far too!!

I need some warm no/low cal snacks I think Iwill pick up some swiss miss at the store today!

I sure feel as though I have not done much today. Between watching the biggest loser (while folding clothes) and doing budget stuff on the computer--the house doesn't show much change.

Time to get moving!!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Having a hard time getting motivated these days-it's always tomorrow. Back at work for 12 hour shifts, not much energy to do anything after. I'll see where the car takes me....hopefully not to Walmart for sugar!
  • debnu1
    Options
    You might want to preplan your meals and have them easy to prepare. I have started doing that and it has made my journey so much easier!!

I used up the rest of my husband's christmas gift to me today (a gift card to coldwater creek:love: ) it is my favorite clothing store and they were having a 75% everything on the website sale today. I got somre really cute clothes in my goal size. Now I have a little bit more motivation :bigsmile: I saved 239 dollars on a 319. I can't beat that!!

I ordered myself a new water bottle off of amazon today too. I really should stop spending money!

Now I need to go pace and work off 100 cals so I stay in my limit today. Have a great night!