Options

Replies

• GoingToLoseIt
    Options
    Don't forget - weigh in is tomorrow! I am excited, can you tell? :happy:
  • lfischer
    lfischer Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I actually found a home work out idea that worked well for me.

Take a deck of cards. I used the 10's, all the face cards and the Ace.
    Assign each of the suits a different exercise.
    Example:
    Diamonds: running up and down the stair I have
    Hearts: line jumps
    Spades: Lunges
    Clubs: jumping jacks
    (you can use sits ups, crunches, push ups too)
    Then go shuffle and go through the deck and do the number of reps as the card you choose 10-15 basically. I did it through 2 times yesterday and burned 200 calories at home.

fun idea! How long do you do each card before you switch to the next?
  • Davilee
    Davilee Posts: 13
    Options
    I hope this is where we are supposed to check-in on Thursdays :smile:

SW 1/04/10 143.6
    PW 1/07/10 142.6 (down 1 pound ) :bigsmile:
    GW Short term 135
    GW Long term 125

I have kept up with daily exercise, and making better food choices and portion size. As well as drinking my H2O. :drinker:
  • Majot
    Majot Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Start weight 12/31/09 - 194.8

Current weight 1/7/09 - 190.8

Goal weight - 128

I worked out 3 times this week, 1 hour each time.
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Good morning all,

Starting weight 12/31/09: 184.4lbs

1/7/10: 181.6lbs :bigsmile:
    1/14/10:
    1/21/10:
    1/28/10:
    2/4/10:
    2/11/10:
    2/18/10:
    2/25/10:
    3/4/10:
    3/11/10:
    3/18/10:
    3/25/10:
    4/1/10:
    4/8/10:
    4/15/10:
    4/22/10:
    4/29/10:

:heart: :heart: Total lost: -3lbs :heart: :heart:
  • Brandiann
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: This Week's Challenge is to drink 80oz's of water which is 10/ 8oz cups :drinker: :drinker:

So why is water so important?

For a few reasons really. The human body typically consists of between 60% and 75% water. In the body, water's responsibilities include removing waste material from the body and moving other nutrients around the body. It also keeps your body temperature correct, for example the loss of water from the body (sweating) is the bodies way of keeping you cool. :drinker:

Get that water in everyone, you can do it!! :flowerforyou:
  • Brandiann
    Options
    I hope this is where we are supposed to check-in on Thursdays :smile:

SW 1/04/10 143.6
    PW 1/07/10 142.6 (down 1 pound ) :bigsmile:
    GW Short term 135
    GW Long term 125

I have kept up with daily exercise, and making better food choices and portion size. As well as drinking my H2O. :drinker:

WTG, a pound down is a pound gone forever!! Keep up the great work..:bigsmile:
  • Brandiann
    Options
    Start weight 12/31/09 - 194.8

Current weight 1/7/09 - 190.8

Goal weight - 128

I worked out 3 times this week, 1 hour each time.

Awesome job! Your on a roll... Keep it up girl.. :drinker:
  • GoingToLoseIt
    Options
    Starting weight for 2010: 343
    Today: 338

5 pounds lost this week! Woo-HOO!! I did okay with my exercise goal this past week, but I am going to step it up this coming week and aim for an additional 5 minutes each workout. Baby steps :)

I already have the water challenge mastered :) I drink 64 oz. of water @ work (1 8oz glass every hour) so if I add a glass in the morning and another in the evening, I will be golden!

I have to be careful this evening - my office is having our annual holiday party tonight @ Margarita's, so I am planning to have a snack before I go, and I'm not going to linger at the buffet table!
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    31/12 - 163.8
    07/01 - 162.2
    14/01 -
    21/01 -
    28/01 -

GOAL FOR 4TH FEB = 159 :heart:

down 1.6 pounds this week :drinker:

great challenge Brandiann! water is so important! its also very filling!

well done to everyone who lost, looking forward to seeing the rest of your weigh in results! :flowerforyou:

whoever is first to post on the thread that they would like to do next weeks challenge will be it! :bigsmile:
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Starting weight for 2010: 343
    Today: 338

5 pounds lost this week! Woo-HOO!! I did okay with my exercise goal this past week, but I am going to step it up this coming week and aim for an additional 5 minutes each workout. Baby steps :)

I already have the water challenge mastered :) I drink 64 oz. of water @ work (1 8oz glass every hour) so if I add a glass in the morning and another in the evening, I will be golden!

I have to be careful this evening - my office is having our annual holiday party tonight @ Margarita's, so I am planning to have a snack before I go, and I'm not going to linger at the buffet table!

5 pounds :love: that is so awesome! :bigsmile: well done you! :drinker:
  • donna56
    donna56 Posts: 412
    Options
    Thu 12/31/09 09:26 AM Start weight: 192
    goal weight by June 1st 2010 - 155
    1/07/2010: 189
    I have been walking on the treadmill everyday for 30 min and sometimes walk on it for a second time for 20 min.

208998.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • gijane1ea
    Options
    Hello everyone.

Thursday, Jan 6, 2010 - 9am - Starting weight is 208
    Hips: 47 inches
    Waist: 40 inches
    Thighs: 26 inches
    My goal weight is 150 by July 31st

As you can see, I have my work cut out for me. I am starting today to change my life. I know how to eat right, and know which foods are bad for me, however, I have a tendency to eat what I feel like eating at certain times of the month.:blushing:

I have a gym in my apartment complex and I have been using the elliptical machine for 45 minutes 3 days per week and walk the treadmill 2 days per week for 30 minutes on incline 7.

I have a Wii fit with the Biggest Loser dvd and Jillian Michaels dvd which are both body busters! :noway: I use them for strength training as well as my kettle bell, dumbbells and exercise ball.

My workout days are Fridays, Saturdays, Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesdays with Thursdays being my day to weigh in and stretch my body, and Sunday is my rest day

This weekend I plan on making out my exercise routine for the week, that way I won't have to guess what to do on each day.

I wish everyone good luck in reaching their goals this year and I look forward to watching everyone's progress and reading about your successes. Take care and may God be with you all.
  • tabbiekaye23
    tabbiekaye23 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    start weight
    12/31 - 266lbs

today
    1/7 - 264lbs
  • Matterafun
    Options
    MFP Start Weight: 208

Last week's start weight: 210
    Today's weight: 207

I lost 3 lbs this week, but my ticker only shows a 1lb loss since I originally started the ticker when I was 208. I still have about 63 lbs to go, but I'm on my way!!
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    morning everyone-

start weight 12/31: 240.2
    1/7: 238.6

I haven't really been on this week, and although my diet is good, my exercise has been off. I've still got company. The last visitor leaves Monday morning. I'll spend some time catching up then.

-katie
  • fitforme
    Options
    start weight today 207.look like i'm starting from scratch, here we go!!!
  • christykowen
    Options
    168# ist weight of 2010
    166# weight as of Thursday 1-07-10
    148# the weight I am destined to become.

As all of you know this weight loss thing is no small accomplishment. I was over 200# around 16 months ago. I have taken back control of my body. I have been around my current weight for around a year within 5 pounds. Enough time has elapsed that I am hungry to be more! I am a tall girl and carry my weight on my abdoman. Half the people around me think I have lost enough weight the other half are just sick and tired of my weight loss journey so I am turning to you all. Hopefully you will be nudge that keeps me on track. A couple things I am adding as goals are to embrace the unsettling feeling of being hungry, I am not talking starving, I mean it is OK to feel a small discomfort, and not stuff something in to muffle the feeling, rather embrace the feeling as natural and go on. And as always with me move more. I have no lofty goals of gyms, too far away, or equipment, too much room not enough do, but just move whether it is shoveling the snow or working out with my video tape. Good Luck and see you all next Thursday Christy
  • anewday
    anewday Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: 12/31 - 134

12/07 - 131

Total Lost - 3 lbs

Goal Weight: 100

I'm really excited I lost 3 lbs this week, I have to really get past this120 130 weight to see real progress. I have been bouncing around up here for too long. Hope everyone make wise food choices this week!

Love the water challenge, it is def. something I need to work on. "smiles"
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Start weight - 155
    1/7/10 - 154.4 :tongue:
    Goal weight - 120

Not bad considering I haven't had a workout in 2 weeks... make this headcold go away!!! :sick: