red meat?

Options
2»

Replies

• gwduker
    gwduker Posts: 293
    Options
    I don't buy beef much, but really enjoy a good steak. I do eat venison, bear, and bison regular simply because I have access to it, plus all are very lean meats. I also make my own venison/bear sausage and jerky. The sausage I watch beause I mix it with pork, but the jerky is solid lean meat. Very tasty.

Anyway, yeah, meat but watch the portions....
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    39212_425308668604_3013184_n.jpg
  • cllgeplz
    cllgeplz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If you're doing heavy weight training, then by all means, pack on the red meat. If you are not, however, do not eat red meat. Stick to lighter meats like turkey, chicken, and fish(be careful with this one). If you are a fellow carnivore such as I, red meat is a necessity. Stick to a leaner cut, and cut your portions down to the size of your tightly closed fist. Only eat it once or twice a week, and mold your earlier schedule around this high calorie course.
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I say it is fine once in awhile and you should try to get the lean beef whenever possible.. I cut out red meat almost completely when I first started losing weight and now I noticed it's slowwwwly creeping back into my life... but not nearly as much as before. I just can't help the fact that I want a good burger or steak once in a blue moon!
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    39212_425308668604_3013184_n.jpg

That looks freakin' delicious!