How do you take your water? plain or flavored?

Options
13»

Replies

• DaSavedSinner
    DaSavedSinner Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Both....I almost always have my trusty 1/2 gallon sport bottle... inside is usually water, tea, or flavored water. To consume less falvoring I usually only use 1 of those packets you would put in a 16.9oz bottle....So light on flavor but less cost and ca even thought they are not high cost or cal. I drink mybottles about 6 or more times a day....and yea it causes a lot of .......rain....but it makes me feel better. This is also my biggest trick to not overeat, Before I eat I drink atleast 16oz (2cups) water then my meal/snack, then another 16oz water you get you fill and then some as well as getting your hydration.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    Both....I almost always have my trusty 1/2 gallon sport bottle... inside is usually water, tea, or flavored water. To consume less falvoring I usually only use 1 of those packets you would put in a 16.9oz bottle....So light on flavor but less cost and ca even thought they are not high cost or cal. I drink mybottles about 6 or more times a day....and yea it causes a lot of .......rain....but it makes me feel better. This is also my biggest trick to not overeat, Before I eat I drink atleast 16oz (2cups) water then my meal/snack, then another 16oz water you get you fill and then some as well as getting your hydration.

thats a good idea to drink alot of water before a meal, gonna try that too!
  • DaSavedSinner
    DaSavedSinner Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Soda stream is an awesome investment!!
    I gave up alcohol for 2012 so, I hate to say it, but plain water just feels too much like a penance. I drink 2 litres of carbonated water every day. I know I shouldn't, but I like it so much better than plain - and, as I'm missing out on the booze, I'm damned if I'm also missing out on nice water! I do feel awful about the environmental factor (all those plastic bottles) so I'm thinking of investing in a Soda Stream ...

I used to have a soda stream but the cost is not worth it and the soda does not carbonate as well. I modified the tank neck to an ASA fitting so I could use paintball tanks instead. I sold that setup and still sometimes use the syrups (only diet ones) I now use a homeade Co2 carbonation station that I made using a 5lb commercial c02 tank (about $80 or cheaper on craigslist) a regulator set at around 35-40psi (about $60), compressor hose (walmart about $10), a tire valve fill chuck (like the end of an air pump), and a Screw on tire valve attached to a bottle cap with a hole dremeled into it. All I do now Is chill my water, squeeze out the air, turn on co2, flip n fill while shaking bottle, right side up and release air pressure from the bottle. then I just add any flavor to my carbonated water for carbonated "koolaid" or any soda syrup. Its more efficent than using soda stream since it only uses around 10psi and you have to swap the bottles rather than fill. I can Fill my 5lb tank for about $8 at the local paintball shop and it last me months at a time.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Usually plain but I also like lemon water as well as cucumber water.

When I get bored with regular water I go to seltzer.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Plain.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I 'm not one for drinking alot of water, especially at work...as I run to the bathroom a bazillion times....but so far I am doing well....I use crystal light or mio to help, whats everyones view on those? Or should plain be best??? ....but on a side note, I only use 1/2 a packet of crystal light or a small squirt of mio, I dont like it super sweet..any thoughts would be appreciated :)

I use a packet of wyler's lite lemonade in a quart of water. I hate water and my nutritionist said that flavoring it would be acceptable.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    plain, always plain.
  • Agator82
    Agator82 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    If its flavored or carbonated it is not water it is a 'Food' and gets logged accordingly. I drink 16+ cups per day on an average day so water is hardly a problem for me. If a little flavored packet gives you the ability to drink your then do what works.
  • Prudiddy
    Prudiddy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Plain. There is no doubt about!!!
  • shanice_22
    shanice_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I do both. It depends on what mood I'm in but at work I drink plain water and diet soda. At home I tend to add squash to it. I've started counting it all on my MFP tracker but if I have squash in the water I could it as less than if it was plain water. I count the calories for the squash as well though.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    today first 16 oz with flavor, next 48oz plain, wasnt that bad!! I think I can ditch it!
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    I drink mine plain and prefer room temp..