Pole dancing for fitness?

Options
124»

Replies

• kraewalker
    kraewalker Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I wish I could take a class but the nearest location that offers any pole fitness classes is over an hour away :frown:
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    one thing i would also say and this may be TME is dont read any further ....

for ladies who have a generous bikini line - trim/ wax/ epilate or even shave.

the last thing you want is an impromptu bikini way as you slide down the pole

but this wasn't an issue for me till level 2!

so beginners you are probably safe

and maybe this is just me so sorry if i over shared!
  • amandajam2012
    Options
    I can't wait to start level one classes!!!
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    one thing i would also say and this may be TME is dont read any further ....

for ladies who have a generous bikini line - trim/ wax/ epilate or even shave.

the last thing you want is an impromptu bikini way as you slide down the pole

but this wasn't an issue for me till level 2!

so beginners you are probably safe

and maybe this is just me so sorry if i over shared!
    Haha, especially as you're wearing less and less... Nair is a great friend to have! :-D
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    the ultimate spectator sport
  • amandajam2012
    Options
    Took my first class yesterday! Loved it! I am sore and bruised. I sucked but I had fun and improved throughout the class!
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I've been taking classes for about a month and a half and I am completely addicted!!! I am looking to buy my own pole to work on it at home too!!
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    ^I saw that video. Thanks for posting!

Pole dancing is great. I'm totally addicted.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Bump! I always see GroupOns for this, but figured I needed some strength before doing it!
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!! Finally got my XPole X-pert in last night!!! Needless to say I definitly played on it a lot last night so I got a great workout, but dang I'm sore now!!!
  • lindsy721
    Options
    Took my first class yesterday! Loved it! I am sore and bruised. I sucked but I had fun and improved throughout the class!

How's the pole classes going??? Update us!!

I'm always interested in what kinds of moves other pole ladies are working on. My most recent achievements have been cross-ankle release to brass monkey, and superman to shoulder mount. Oh and brass monkey from flag!
  • uniquemoves
    uniquemoves Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Bump! I always see GroupOns for this, but figured I needed some strength before doing it!

you actually build strength as your learning... :).. go for it! you'll love it!
  • tritepoet
    Options
    I would love to try this!
  • lindsy721
    Options
    I think I achieved my first fang pose today!! I've always been afraid of that move, but I think I got it today!!

And I'm covered in sweat. Sheesh. I keep wiping the pole down after every combo because I'm leaving my sweat and skin all over it! :-P
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Is that the same as Iguana Mount? If so, I'm working towards that now....I didn't realize how inflexible I am in my shoulders.
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I finally found one in my area! I'm super excited, but they only have one class and its on Sundays. I've been out of town every weekend since I discovered this class! Grr...I'm planning on finally going next weekend. I can't wait!!
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Wow so many posts that I didn't notice! Thank you all. There's a pole class society at my uni which i'm going to check out tomorrow at the fresher's fair (even though i'm not a fresher at uni any more, I just go for the freebies haha).
    JAlien- let us know how it goes!