This won't work....

Options
Faintgreeneyes
Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
Unless you are ready to put in the hard work, blood, sweat, and tears.

I have seen far to many forum post the last couple of days with people asking:

"whose tried the juice cleanse? does it help you lose weight?"
"whose taken green tea extract to help aid weight loss, what are your results"
"who takes raspberry ketones?"

FAD DIETS WILL NOT HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT AND KEEP IT OFF

Yes I said it- DIETS in general will not help you lose weight and keep it off. Because once you go back to eating carbs, go back to eating solid food, go back to eating more than 500 calories a day- the weight you lost (which was mainly just water to being with) will come right back.

Eating right and exercising is a LIFESTYLE change. Its learning what a portion size is, learning the ratios of protein/carbs/fat that you should be intaking, and learning that you can eat whatever it is you want, as long as it fits into your calories for the day.

So honestly- stop it with the fad diets. Working out is hard, it hurts, but nothing worth doing is ever easy. So stop trying to take the easy way out. You didn't gain that weight over night- you aren't going to lose it overnight.

Step Up, Man Up, and quite Whining!

::end rant::

Adding this as someone below mentioned this- and its how I feel::

I understand being frustrated when the scale doesn't move, or wanting to give up. However, NO ONE CAN MAKE YOU DO THIS BESIDES YOURSELF!

If you want to lose weight- then you need to find the drive, motivation, and perseverance inside of yourself to do it. Losing weight isn't a team effort, its an individual effort. It's forcing yourself to go to the gym, even when your tired, because you know its better than sitting on the couch eating chocolate. It's making time in your schedule to make it happen and not letting any old little excuse get in the way because its easier.

Yes sitting on your a** is easier then running 3 miles- but what makes you feel better? What makes you feel stronger? What will actually help you live longer?....

This journey is about you- so stop looking to others to motivate you, or to keep you going. It's not there job, its yours.

Replies

• 2BaNewMe2
    2BaNewMe2 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Every word of this is true.

If you'd rather buy whatever Dr. Oz is selling this afternoon go right ahead. But you won't lose weight.

Change your life, eat right and workout. Do that and you'll be successful. Latch onto every gimmick and fad out there and you're just wasting your time and money.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Funny how everyone makes weight loss out to be so hard and complicated right?

Good post! Love it
  • medibrat
    medibrat Posts: 30
    Options
    The hardest thing I had to do was step up and realise that my weight was MY problem. *I* got me here, only *I* can get me out of here. And when I don't lose anything, there is noone to blame but myself. Gaining the weight wasn't magic: it was over eating and underactivity....only reversing the trend will help. Little steps, I've finally gotten my eating under control (instead of it having ME under control) and now I'm moving more, and I'm already seeing results. Thank you for saying what I've been thinking :)
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    yep you're the bestest sarah mwahzz!!! \m/
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Ding Ding.

WINNER.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • saral89
    saral89 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    A post with nothing but truth! Finally!
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Good post.. Just wish I could show this to my mom and make her understand there's no easy way out either. I've tried to tell her countless times that she doesn't need to pay money to get diet pills or some other rip off weight loss product.. all she needs to do is eat a little better, count her calories and perhaps get in a little exercise but she doesn't wanna hear it. She's ONLY interested in the easy way out... "You can lead a horse to water but ya can't make it drink."
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    This is the truth. I will add one thing that has been permeating the forum this week: "I'm not motivated!" "I need some help in making this happen!" "I've lost my willpower and need help!" "I didn't lose but one pound last week!" "Help me get motivated!"

Guess what? You have to do this yourself. No one can talk you in or out of anything. You either WANT this or you don't. And if you don't? If you're not willing to put in the work and keep YOURSELF strong? No one is going to do it for you. I'm done/

oh, and before anyone gets all pc - I love my friends on MFP! They are fantastic. But when it's all said and done? I did thisl
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    True that.
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I won't lie...I used to try all the fads...and have never in my life been as dedicated and successful as I have been since I realized that everything you said is exactly how it should be...and actually works!

DrOz.jpg
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    This is the truth. I will add one thing that has been permeating the forum this week: "I'm not motivated!" "I need some help in making this happen!" "I've lost my willpower and need help!" "I didn't lose but one pound last week!" "Help me get motivated!"

Guess what? You have to do this yourself. No one can talk you in or out of anything. You either WANT this or you don't. And if you don't? If you're not willing to put in the work and keep YOURSELF strong? No one is going to do it for you. I'm done/

oh, and before anyone gets all pc - I love my friends on MFP! They are fantastic. But when it's all said and done? I did thisl

THIS!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    I'm going to save this and start posting it on every "I need motivation" thread I see.
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options

I just added another section to my rant after reading your post- because truthfully I feel this way as well!
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options

I just added another section to my rant after reading your post- because truthfully I feel this way as well!

True story: On a post this week, person "needed motivation"; asking people to help motivate; checked the profile? Doesn't accept friend requests - doesn't want to have to motivate people. Really?
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    You speak the truth woman!

:heart:

Now here, have this miracle zero calorie cookie that Dr.Oz told me about.
  • FutureMrsPostler
    FutureMrsPostler Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    true that hun!!!!!!! i eat whatever the heck i want in moderation, as long as i don't go over my calorie for the day, and i lost 20 pounds!!!
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Make good eating habits a habit, and then it's not a diet at all.....That's the way I see it. No magic. No diet. Just making good choices about what you cram in your face hole.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I won't lie...I used to try all the fads...and have never in my life been as dedicated and successful as I have been since I realized that everything you said is exactly how it should be...and actually works!

DrOz.jpg
    I really want to show that image to my mom. :grumble:
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :love: