Height Pros/Cons

Options

Replies

• Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    im 6'5

Pros-
    People automatically will follow you and you get to assume leadership without actually demonstrating such qualities.
    IT helps when playing sports.
    Chicks dig it.
    Its rare that people will want to fight you

Cons-
    Its hard to buy clothes (even know in relatively decent shape its hard to find clothes that fit 6'5 257)
    You always feel like you "stick out" for the wrong reasons
    being called "big guy"
  • petiteLady89
    petiteLady89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I don't like my height. I want to be more average 5'5 would be great. At 4'10 every pound is like 5lbs to another, I guess. It's always been a down fall for me.
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    5'9"

Pros: wearing weight well

Cons: not being petite and cute, not being able to wear tall heels
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    5'10"

No everyday concerns, but if I was a few inches taller I would have played D1 football...which probably wouldn't be a positive as I'd just have been good enough to be out there, and not good enough to make it into a living.

Honestly, it's nice being normal here.
  • petiteLady89
    petiteLady89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I don't like my height. I want to be more average 5'5 would be great. At 4'10 every pound is like 5lbs to another, I guess. It's always been a down fall for me.

oh and I always get called cute, shorty ect. Lots of short jokes. It's hard to find bottoms.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Options

4'10? i pat you on the head lol
  • tyresank
    tyresank Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    5'9" these days.... Never fear folks, you start to shrink after 50 ish!! I still mourn the loss of my 3/4".

Pro: Can hold my weight well
    Con: None for me.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    5'4"

Pros: There aren't many guys that are shorter than me, and I like my guys "tall" (to me that's 5'10" or taller). Also, I can wear heals without worrying about making my SO self-conscious about appearing to be shorter than me. Many people tend to underestimate me, which I have found I can often use to my advantage.

Cons: 10 extra pounds may as well be 20 on me. People often mistake me for being short. I'm not short, I'm average. There are more women who are 5'4"-5'6" than any other height, and petite/short length jeans are high waters on me. Only average length will do. It seems that all kitchen cabinets were designed only for tall people...even at an average height, I still have to use a stool most of the time.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0". Yes, 5 feet tall.

Cons: I can't reach things, nobody wants to date a borderline midget, I'm even shorter than most women. Sigh.

Pros: I'm as they say "fun-sized."
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I think I'm safe saying that Men find short and tall women equally attractive.

I don't think height matters much to men. Hell if single, and a taller woman was interested, I would date a woman a little taller than me even.

So if you are 4'10 or 6' or more it doesn't matter to us.
  • PaleoRDH
    PaleoRDH Posts: 266
    Options
    I'm 6'0" tall and have been since the 8th grade. there are no cons, it's only pros. some guys don't like tall women, but that's their con, not mine! :bigsmile:
  • Nixenne
    Nixenne Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    5'9"

Pros
    - On a smaller/shorter frame, my boobs would look obnoxiously huge. They work for me.
    - Like others have said, I look like I weigh less than I do.
    - Definitely comes in handy with combative/uncooperative patients.
    - Putting on heels occasionally and towering over people feels empowering. ;)

Cons
    - I've been the same height since I was 11. Being a head taller than 90% of the males until late high school was...awkward.
    - Every time I see a basketball, I have to fight the urge to stab it to death. Constantly hearing "Do you play basketball?" and "Why don't you try basketball?" while growing up got REALLY old.
    - 20 pounds of weight lost doesn't feel (or look) like much.
    - My boyfriend and I are about the same height, so I'm taller than him with heels on. Doesn't bother me, but I know it makes him feel a little silly.
    - I think it's pretty easy to find "tall" pants/jeans...shirts, not so much. Between my height and my boobs, finding shirts that fit correctly can be annoying.
  • hotjacki85
    hotjacki85 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    5'10

Pros: I can reach the top shelf at department stores.... everyone automatically assumes i am athletic... everyone says "you look skinny" when you are actually 10 lbs overweight

Cons: have to sit awkwardly in a car... forget trying to sit across from someone at dinner unless u like knocking knees... back problems and you cant wear heels around your other average sized girlfriends LOL
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Options
    I'm 6'0" tall and have been since the 8th grade. there are no cons, it's only pros. some guys don't like tall women, but that's their con, not mine! :bigsmile:

that is a great attitude
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    5'5"

Pro: I am not asked to get things of the top shelf
    Con: The top shelf is where they keep the good stuffs :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

To be honest, I don't care ether way about my height. If someone isn't going to like me because of that; it is their problem not mine... same with weight(though working on this one for myself... and to surprise someone)
  • hotjacki85
    hotjacki85 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    OMG yes forgot those cons..... NO I DONT PLAY BASKETBALL OR VOLLEYBALL....and .... can we start making shirts for women with LONG TORSOS please!
  • dr3wman
    dr3wman Posts: 205
    Options
    I'm 6'3

Pros: Like someone said before, people automatically choose you as the leader

Cons: It takes more time to look "jacked"
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2"

Pros: I look underage so I can get into movies at kid prices (sometimes) and I can tell creepsters that I'm underage if they bother me.

Cons: I have no trunk (abs or "short waisted" I don't get the last part but whatever) and every OUNCE shows on me. :(
  • Superbritt2drescu
    Superbritt2drescu Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm completely average at 5'7" My only issue is its all in the torso, not in the legs.

Pros, I seem to do okay holding my weight. I can wear heals fine, but prefer Nike's.

Cons- I can see most guy's nose hairs... nasty. I have no legs so I have to pull the seat almost all the way forward in every car. I still can't reach the tall shelf in the grocery store or cabinet at home. I seem to have midget children now.
  • sheila569
    sheila569 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3"...
    Cons are that... well... I'm too short to reach most of the stuff in my kitchen cabinets but my 5'6" daughter isn't.
    Pros are that I've never been turned off by a man because he was shorter than me... cause really who is :tongue: