How to get rid of ice cream cravings?

Options

Replies

• MissItalianPrincess
    Options
    I also work ice cream I into my days. No sugar added, low fat, slow-churned ones with half the calories....always measure it out! Frozen yogurt in moderation too, or I make my newly found fave of frozen Greek yogurt, mixed with peanut butter and mini chocolate chips ( one container of yogurt, one tsp of pb, one tbs of mini chips and split it to two servings.) Takes awhile to eat frozen and definitely satisfying. You can make it with fruit, too.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    just enjoy it!!!! I eat ice cream almost daily and I still have cals left over sometimes...
  • brookea87
    brookea87 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    One spoonful of quality ice cream for me daily after dinner, the kid gets some and there is no way I'm passing it up.

I just let it melt in the mouth ... Raspberry ripple, mmmm ... I look forward to it every day as my 'sweet thing' after a day of pretty much non-sweet eating ...
  • Preacher224
    Preacher224 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I don't resist. I just eat and log. Of course I don't eat it but once in a month or two. I eat Chobani's Greek yogurt. All the other brands I look at that say they are all natural add some pretty funny natural stuff to their yogurt. Like corn starch(Oikos etc.). Remember, coal dust is natural but I don't want it in my food. This is how they get some bad stuff in our foods and trick unknowing people into thinking that they are eating healthy. Also, frozen yogurt really probably isn't as good for you as ice cream. No probiotics at all. All the suggestions sound good though and I will try a few probably.
  • osnet1
    osnet1 Posts: 43
    Options
    Bump
  • SantanaKathleen
    Options
    I have been blending Frozen blueberries or strawberries with non fat vanilla yogurt. The frozen berries make the yogurt into an ice cream like texture. THis is usually about 100 calories or so for a coffee mug full, usually. Or I also sometimes eat a Skinny Cow Mini Ice cream cup. Their 150 calories per serving. It satifies the sweet ice cream craving, but the fact that they're made with skim milk, keeps the calories down.
    Also, for the will power bit; Id write yourself a note and put it on the freezer, or wherever you find yourself dipping into for a not-so-healthy snack. Just a little (or big, lol) note, reminding yourself how worthy you are of reaching your goal. And that only YOU are sabotaging yourself if you don't say NO! :) Ive put little pop up reminders in my cell phone around lunch and dinner time, so that I get a little reminder to choose the healthy foods, and that I WILL REACH MY GOAL ONE DAY!. It has helped immensley!! I also Have a Picture of my fitness goal on my cell phone as a backround pic. Motivation is the best way of getting rid of Poor will power. Just remember that your not alone, and that we are ALL here with the same issues, so If you need a little motivational boost, holler at your MFB buddies!! lol :happy: Good Luck!!
  • Get_Me_Fit1
    Options
    If your craving ice cream reallyy bad, and dont want like the homemade fruit sorbet stuff, then just get frozen yogurt! It tastes EXACTLY like ice cream, and its not as bad in the calories! However, its still a treat, so make sure to portion it. Some froyo's have bad calories and fat content though, so read the labels!
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    1) Measure out some ice cream into a small bowl (don't eat it from the carton EVER).
    2) Eat the ice cream.
    3) Go for a walk.

You shouldn't deprive yourself of it if you want it. Just exercise restraint and fit it into your calories.
  • Skyeburn
    Skyeburn Posts: 10
    Options
    Try natural yoghurt + frozen berries
  • 88Fifi88
    88Fifi88 Posts: 13
    Options
    Try Yonanas! It is truly amazing my mom bought me one for my birthday I am in love!
    http://www.yonanas.com/
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    take a banana slice it up freeze the slices. add it to a food processor with 2 teaspoons chunky peanut butter and 1/4 teaspoon cocoa powder. its 185 calories if you do 100 grams of banana. its amazing how much it really does taste like ice cream i hope this helps

That sounds yummy, thanks for posting it :)
  • astina2727
    astina2727 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Your welcome, I also cut up some strawberries and added them it was so good.
  • _Sara_A_
    _Sara_A_ Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I make pudding pops. I make a batch of pudding and pour it into popsicle holder and freeze them. My mom made them for us as kids. To change it up I make 2 different flavours and pour 1/2 one flavour on the bottom and 1/2 the other flavour on the top of the popsicle holder. It's a yummy, creamy treat that's healthier than icecream.
  • _JamieB_
    _JamieB_ Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I eat ice cream :))
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Coconut Bliss, Cherry Amaretto. It's non dairy ice cream. I have 1/2 a cup twice a week. NOM NOM NOM NOM
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I don't keep it in the house, I will eat large bowls of it if I do.

However, I refuse to live in a world where I can't eat this wonderful stuff I love!!!

We go to a frozen yogurt bar we both really like when we want some. Yes, we might pay a little more then if we had some in the house but, I don't eat the entire carton in 3 days either...LOL
  • Snail313
    Snail313 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    How to get rid of ice cream cravings?

Eat icecream, duh.

But really, I would throw away or give away all but 1 or 2 cartons, eat one serving a day or as needed, log it and smile.
  • ChelleBalady
    Options
    I tried this and it was AMAZING! Thanks!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,547 Member
    Options
    eat a little.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition