WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2012

Replies

• DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Hello beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

I hope each of you has had a fabulous day. I'm somewhat rested at the moment , I kept my 11 yr. old granddaughter yesterday:love: ,she has pneumonia:cry: ,mom thought she just had a coughy cold, however a trip to the Dr. and chest x rays told a different story. I had errands to run yesterday and mom said it was fine for her to go with me, so off we went and I asked if she had anywhere she would like to go, Barnes and Nobles was her choice, so we spent the better part of an hour in there, then decided she might need just a few new school clothes, so stopped at a dept. store, got a few things for her and her little sister, then made another stop to pick up school supplies, finally home almost 4 hours later, mom and dad had called the house and called my cell (which I didn't hear:blushing: ), checking up on her. My daughter said " you went shopping":noway: , I told her she was fine, this is my first grandchild and I adore her I would never let anything happen to her!!! I did make her lay on the sofa for an hour after we got home. When she left my house she was feeling better, perkier, and had good color in her cheeks, I would like to think it was the shopping trip:laugh: , but I'm sure it was the meds. working. She's even more better today:bigsmile: .

Welcome to the newbies:flowerforyou: stay with your plan and watch the lbs. come off!!!!

Meg:smile: Thank you for the list of meds.! Noel is doing better now, the Vet. said she would wait before she put her on anything else, as long as it's not happening too often.

To all the teachers:flowerforyou: , thank you for teaching and taking care of our precious children!!!!! You have to be angels, I couldn't do it, more than a couple of kids at a time, I would go crazy:noway: !!!!!

Laura:smile: still waiting for grandson to make his appearance? We are waiting with you!!!!

Don't have time to chat anymore, my 30 min. sitting still has turned into 45 :huh: ,must get up and move some now.

Have a wonderful evening ladies!!!! Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: , log your food!!!!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee

Michele:smile: how is the pool coming along?
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Hello lovely ladies. DH’s surgery went well. I think it was some kind of Olympic event! It was supposed to take 1 hour and took 32 minutes. HE was supposed to be in recovery room 1 hour minimum, he lasted 35 minutes there. Then he went to what’s called phase 2 recovery where you sit up in a chair and eat/drink and make sure you can stand up, go to the bathroom, etc. That is supposed to be 1 hour minimum, he was there 40 minutes, only because he had to wait for me to get the car!
    So we were home before 10:30. They got the bunion off, cut a wedge out of his big toe and used 2 screws to hold it together.

He is doing ok except for when he tries to walk, it is very painful, so I gave him crutches and that seems to work better. Needless to say we are both exhausted; took a long nap when we got home and now I can’t wake up.
    We actually got rain last night. IT has not rained here since June10, so it was welcome, but came with high winds and lots of trees down. It was great to watch and hear though!

Polly: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you! Enjoy your dinner! :heart:

DebA: I envision that kayaking will help with my outlook and sanity too! We are planning to look into it soon, but first the foot must heal!

Brenda: I am proud of taking a granola bar and an apple to the hospital today! :wink:

Arewethereyet?: walking in that sand sure burns a lot of energy. Glad you didn’t have a headache!

Sandhillsmom: So NC has a sandhills area too or where did you get that nic? Western Nebraska is sandhills and they are just beautiful! NC is a beautiful place too! And smoke free for 9 days! Way to go! :flowerforyou:

Barbie: so great you have gotten to a place where you eat what you want/need and don’t worry about others’ reactions. I had to start that at work because to compensate for some our awful day-long meetings, we get fed and it is always something really unhealthy. Odd for a Platinum Wellness Workplace!!!

CJ: Those buffet lines at work lunch meetings are exactly what I was talking about to Barbie above. I quit them altogether. I take my own. I did talk to our college president about it and said that I was not trying to be rude, but had to eat healthier than I was and he was in full support.

Linda: so sorry to hear about your fall. We had a similar problem when we moved to our new campus; one building was old and we built the other one. I was the chair of the safety committee so I got to inspect before we opened. We had 1 stairwell that I kept insisting one step was uneven and no one believed me. I had sort of stepped hard off the higher side after stepping off the low side with the other foot. So I got a maintenance man with a tape and he measured one side to be 1/8 inch higher. I logged this info but nothing was ever done. Plus the handrail ended two steps before the bottom. Two people fell down the stairs and I brought it up both times, then our operations director fell and broke BOTH ankles. Workman’s comp would not pay for her injury. I had to go testify and show my records that it had been logged, then they paid but they sure weren’t happy. For the baby prunes, use the same amount as the recipe calls for. I use dried…a whole package with a couple of tablespoons of water to make a very thick consistency. Enjoy!!! :smile:

Nancy: good for you to keep up your fitness routine.

Carol: good to hear the move is almost done! That is a ton of work. You are so positive! :flowerforyou:

Lentigogirl: congrats on your loss!

Jane: hope the stress decreases and your move ends smoothly!

Donna: good for you to take in that “rental kid”! People can be so strange about their religions sometimes, can’t they?

STangma: fish, fish, fish!!! And then add fish oil! Be careful or you’ll grow gills LOL:laugh:

Tigress: good for your weight loss!

Laura: no grandbaby yet!????? That little one is stubborn LOL

Kate: that same thing has happened to me where I thought I was getting something really healthy and BAM it is loaded! :huh: Oh well glad it was at least yummy!

Kathy: so sorry about your toe hurting! YOW. Be careful!

Welcome to all the new folks. Glad to read your stories and see your goals. You can make it one day at a time!

Well I am going to do a quickie on the elliptical. DH is drugged up again and sleeping, so I’ll get this done before he wakes up. Thanks for all the well wishes! Take care Meg :drinker:
  • Hello - I am 58 yrs old with 5 grown children all married and 11 grandchildren. After a hysterectomy at age 50 my normally high metabolism kind of fell off the face of the earth. My goal is to lose 20 lbs. I started a week and a half ago and have lost 6 lbs so far. I joined a gym and have gone to exercise classes nearly every day. I can't tell you how much better I feel. I thought about doing it for so long and now that I have started listing all the food I eat and activities, I am that much more motivated. Cutting out any extra sugar made a huge difference in how hungry I feel. Wish me luck because we go on vacation to the lake with all the kids and grandkids at the end of this week for 6days. Lots of good food and fun!
    Anyway, it helps so much reading all the posts and hearing your stories.

Thank you
    Lucinda
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,331 Member
    Kate - so glad you had such a good time at the reunion. Sounds like you handled the pot luck food well.

Welcome everyone new. Before long, you won't be new but an old hat at this.

Linda Sundance - to me, I can't really taste the prunes in brownies -- and neither can Vince, which is saying something. He's the "chocolate expert". Retired from Mars, Inc so can tell you if chocolate is fresh or not. Personally, I can't tell the difference, but he can. and if he can't tell the prunes are in there, that's saying something. As far as yogurt substitution, I use a 1 to 1. If the recipe calls for 3/4 cup of oil, I use a 6oz container of yogurt. I can't tell any difference in flavor. So sorry about your daughter.

They aren't working on the pool today (Tues). It rained a bit this morning and according to weather.com it's supposed to rain this afternoon. But that means I can go play mahjongg. they won't be here tomorrow either, they have another job and I believe the guy said their pool was being delivered. I did make magic cookie bars to give the guys Friday, this way I can send the rest home with Jessica who tells me that the people at her work ask for them. Somehow, I don't think it's so much the people at work...but whatever. I also made two chocolate zucchini breads. I like to have something in the freezer to take with me at times.

Debbie - how I wish the pounds would leave even half as quickly as they get put on. I'd be happy with just half as fast.

Faye - good for you not gaining. That's an accomplishment in itself.

I forget who said that July was awful for them (was it Jeannie?). august has got to be my worst month. I retain water like crazy. Nothing I do seems to help, I really watch my sodium. But I know that things will get better next month. I think the heat has a lot to do with it. Wonder if I'll still be this way after the pool, when I can go in every day. Am I looking forward to it. Vince said "if you use the pool as much as you use your mixer, it's a good investment". I think I will. Even if it's just floating. I can also do a little water exercises in the evening.

PS2CR - I remember reading in a book that the trainer never heard of someone who was 25 who wished they'd taken care of themselves, but he's heard a lot of 50 year olds saying that. I'm so glad we have such a good place to come to.

Off to play mahjongg. There was one place we usually played, but we can't play there any more. Now they're having it in people's homes. Some people's homes I really don't care to go to. See, I try to multi-task, I would usually do some food shopping before or after mahjongg. Where some people live, there really isn't anything around. And with the price of gas, I'm not crazy about just going to play mahjongg. Now in town, that's a different story. Going to take my 34oz water cup with me

Did an hour of Kelly Coffey-Meyer step DVD. Actually, it's 30 minutes and I did it twice. I did find that the second time around it was easier. I put this video on my "wish list" at amazon. Tomorrow I'll do 30 min of HIIT and then 30 min of walking sideways on the treadmill. I'm going to try increasing the incline, maybe that'll give me as much of a burn as the stairmaster does. I hope so.

We have Mexican Train Dominoes tonight with the Newcomers. Went to mahjongg earlier and maj'd twice. Anyway, I'm going to have a big salad before Mexican Train and then just try to watch my portions and what they have.

Meg -Glad to hear your dh's surgery went well.

Polly - happy birthday!

Brenda - I always keep some snacks in my pocketbook, like raisins, other dried fruit, almonds, things like that. when I get to the "dangerous" food section and if I'm even the slightest hungry, I pull out one of my snacks

Looks like I forgot to post last night so this is going to be a long one. Today (Wed) I did 30 min walking on the treadmill sideways. I did up the incline, that seemed to be a bit better. Then I did 30 min of HIIT on the elliptical. Then we had the Newcomers general meeting and then senior bowling. Just had dinner, will make more of the magic cookie bars. I made one batch for the guys who are installing the pool and since Jessica is going to be here tomorrow night, I made some for her to take back (get them out of my house!). Tomorrow I'll do a "Personal Training with Jackie" DVD. I'm thinking that I'll go to the Y early and swim some laps then take about 1/2 of the deep water aerobics classm (on Fri). We're going to have mahjongg here at 10:30 so I will probably want to straighten up the house.

The guys didn't work on the pool today (they had another installation to work on) but should be here tomorrow. Friday according to weather.com doesn't look too promising for them to be working.

Somebody brought a pea salad to Mexican Train. I didn't have any, it looked to me like it had some sort of cream sauce. But this one lady said to me "oh, you've gotta try it". I had a TINY (and I do mean tiny) bit of this cheese spread. They had pieces of bread you were supposed to put it on, but I didn't take any of the bread. I had some of this one lady's salad, it had mozzarella cheese, tomatoes and basil. I did think that it had a bit too much oil, tho. And I had some of my cheese sausage balls. While we were playing I drank 48oz of water.

The local college is offering a class called "cooking for the Holidays". Sounds interesting, I just wish it was in Sept. and Oct. rather than Oct. and Nov. because I'd love to try the recipes BEFORE the holidays. I do think that I'll sign up for the class.

Linda Sundance - as far as how much prune puree to buy, look at your recipe for the brownies. If it calls for 1/2 cup of oil, use 4oz of puree. Gerber sells it in 2 plastic containers, each 4oz. Beechnut also sells it in 4oz jars. I use a 1 to 1 ratio of puree to oil

I hear ya about the weight not coming off if you're consistently low on calories. I admit, what I log on MFP is usually a bit below the 1253 calories. However, I leave those extra calories as "wiggle room" for the mouthfuls here and there that probably add up to more than the 1253.

Nancy - I swear, I sometimes think that personal trainers get a kick-back from those people who install the bars around the toilets....lol

I really like all of the positive thoughts here.

Jan - a BIG congrats on the smoke free

Donna - I'm just totally amazed at the parents of your "rental kid". She's so so lucky to have you

Oh, at one time I had a 17" waist. Of course, that was when I was in elementary school....lol

Laura - each day grandson doesn't come is one day closer to when he does!

Monday they put the holes in the pool for the skimmer, drain, lights, etc. We usually put out a cooler with water bottles in it for the workers. I know that I don't really want to work in the heat, so I just try to help them out as much as possible. Tomorrow they'll probably be leveling the pool. I'm really interested to see how they do that.

Well, this is long enough. Hope everyone's eyes don't hurt too much....lol

Have a great evening.

Michele
  • edraper70
    edraper70 Posts: 211 Member
    It is so helpful to read everyone's posts on here. And I really love it when my husband calls and says he's thinking of getting a pizza and wants to know if I have enough calories, etc. left to have that. (I did. But the sodium wasn't good for me.)
  • djhobs
    djhobs Posts: 200 Member
    Hi ladies..Happy Wednesday! I played tennis last night..I only won one game, but we had fun and it is good sibling bonding time! Tonight I jogged in the pool..forward, backward and grapevines..probably not the greatest workout but better than sitting on the couch! As I sat here reading all the posts for yesterday and today, it occurs to me (finally!) That perhaps I need to look at WHAT I am eating and just not the quantity of calories...I'm not sure I am willing to completely cut out the carbs but it certainly bears investigation and it seems many of you have had great success doing that...hmmmm!

Words of wisdom for the empty nest...embrace it, try something new for you, be excited for the kids because they are moving on to the next step and doing what YOU raised them to do...it does get quiet but that doesn't have to be a bad or sad thing..dh and I love the empty nest but also enjoy dd and ds when they are home:happy: .

Someone said that icu nurses rock...I am biased and think they ALL rock...dd is an rn for a step-down icu (neurology) unit..I am always amazed at what she does, needs to know and handles all in the course of her day..the docs treat and prescribe but its the nurses that take care of us!:love:

Congrats on the smoke free...and doing weight loss at the same time..you go, girl!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Have a good evening. Hugs and highs fives because we deserve it and they are calorie-free!:wink::laugh:

:heart:
    Jen
  • Yardtigress
    Yardtigress Posts: 367 Member
    Meg- Thanks for the cudos.
    Walker- Since there is a Laura already on here, I switched to Tigress, so no one would be confused. Yes so far I am doing well on the no wheat diet. I was shocked at all the things that contain wheat. Campbell's Tomato soup, I love tomato soup, I was looking at an organic one today, no wheat so I may try it. I had zuccini with roasted red peppers and mushrooms with my tilapia tonight for dinner with a salad, no wheat but yes carbs. All my carbs are veggie or fruit, less than a 1/3 a cup of rice or beans or a sweet potato. Got to get that A1c down. See everyone tomorrow. Tigress
  • Hi all, day two for me on MFP. I am a 50 year old mom of 3, new nana of 1, and just need some motivation to get back into exercising and to lose some weight. I am working towards a more balanced lifestyle too! My goals for August are:
    -exercise for 30 minutes at least 5 times a week
    -drink more water
    -lose 3 lbs
    -finish organizing my basement
    -get ready for the new school year (I'm a teacher)
    I hope to check in on a regular basis with you all even when I'm back at work.
    Kim L
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Hello I am. late trying to go to bed ASAP. But want to wish you all well. Sorry its been a long day and i am just done. Post more tomorrow
    Liz
    Take care!
  • Ah! Posting for 1st time here!:blushing:

Just started this wonderful program a few days ago and loving it so very much. It's super easy to log stuff, just takes time to familiarize.

Really love the synching to my Iphone! :love: :love: :love:

My honey and I are doing this together (halleluiah! he's finally seeing the light! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ).

I've set my course to lose 15 pounds and then I'll reassess if I want to go down to the 130's. I've been carrying about 20 extra pounds throughout my 40s and have see-sawed an awful lot trying this and that nutritional regimen, always bringing me back to square 1 with added poundage consistently creeping up.

And so at 51, even though looking great with clothes on, committed to exercising regularly EVERY WEEK since 2011, I know an even more youthful and angel-like silhouette is beneath my unsightly blubber. My problem area is the stomach, hips and thighs. :grumble: :frown:

Great to read up on everyone's progress, issues and victories! :bigsmile: Feels like it's gonna be a joy ride all the way to the other side of the rainbow :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • PS2CR
    PS2CR Posts: 98 Member
    Hi isabelrose88 - I love the iphone synching, too! Especially the barcode feature. :)

@exermom - thanks for taking the time to respond individually. Your post was amazing.

Belated Happy Birthday, Polly! Your post was equally awesome. (To answer your question, I do ice-skating/figure skating. Used to coach it, but now just skate for fun.)

Hi to the rest of you, and welcome to the other newbies (like me). Hope your day was successful...or at least not off the wagon. ;) My calories were under the count (despite hubby wanting to eat Mexican out)...but I waffled out of going to the rink. *sigh* Here's how it went:

2:30 PM

Jillian-Michaels-Wannabe-Self: "Hey, if you go to the rink, you can check out Michael's on the way there for some jewelry crafting beads!" (Hehe, maybe bribery will get her out of the house...)

Couch-Potato-Self: "Hmmm. That's tempting. I'd really prefer to make some more jewelry or do some Etsy listings...but I DO actually NEED to see if Michael's has any more of those turquoise beads on sale...okay! It's a deal!"

...[Interject delays and many ADD diversions here]...

3:30 - head to Michael's

3:50 - lose myself in the beads

4:30 - glance at my watch and realize the rink closes in 30 minutes. (And it takes 15 minutes to get there.)

4:35 - checkout, and sternly tell myself I'll have to do the old, boring elliptical tonight instead. (Or maybe I can enter Painstakingly Slow Shopping for my cardiovascular workout??)

Of course, the "elliptical tonight" doesn't happen because teenaged daughter has come down with the flu :( , and hubby comes home a day early from his business trip :) and wants to know if I want to go out for Mexican food with him...of course I do. ;)

Ah, well. Will try for a real workout tomorrow...
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,482 Member
    Good evening lovelies!

Detangled my hair this morning with the deodorant spray:laugh: , set the tone for the whole workday.:tongue:
    Thank goodness for line dancing and mfp to finish the day on an upnote.

linda Sundance thanks for the reminder to treat ourselves well and with love.:smooched:
    BigPal thanks for the reminder that no matter where we are, there is something positive we can do, if not physically then mentally or spiritually.:heart:
    Cindy so good to see your smiling face! :love:
    Jeannie:flowerforyou: You stand firm. Sometimes a little shock is good for the system, especially those testosterone infused ones.:laugh: Now is not the time for the men in your life to be pushing you or hurrying you in any way. :noway: If they want to help you, tell them to take you for a walk or a swim or a ride or to a movie, or just be good and patient to you and to each other. No pushing! Stand firm! :heart:
    Jane with your positive attitude, bet you could make sleeping on the floor a fun adventure, at least for one night... :laugh:
    Jan, NINE days smoke free? :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Well done! What you're doing is more important than losing weight, working out with your trainer, anything. Stopping smoking is the MOST important thing you can do for your body. It's hard but it will get easier. I haven't had a cigarette since May of 1999, and the only time I miss it is after the gynocologist :wink:
    Donna thanks for understanding about our nephew, it was the hardest time ever in my life.:brokenheart:
    Stangma keep on trying different things. Exercise will help support whatever meds your Dr prescribes. :heart: Garlic too...:tongue:
    AzDee what an inspiring story! You are so right about #1!:flowerforyou:
    Carolyn 14 miles sounds like a good workout to me! Gotta get Joe to bring the bike down from the rafters.:bigsmile:
    Kathy take it easy on that toe!:sick:
    Greetings to all I missed . . . time to get up and go to bed! :yawn:

Hugs,

animal-emoticon-0064.gif
    Barbara, the AHMOD who WILL be size 10 one day

August: EVERY DAY: 2 fruits + 7 veggies, 30 mins of any exercise, some mat work 5 days a week, average 10K steps, no more than 2 drinks Thurs-Sunday, PERIOD!!! Let it be. Really.
    2012: dance more, bark less and CHECK IN!!!

matminutes: 8=21 7=0 6=28 5=0 4=0 3=0 2=0 1=0
    steps: 8=11814 7=15131 6=10878 5=6859 4=5008 3=5673 2=8464 1=9848
  • brendajs
    brendajs Posts: 110 Member
    Hello Everyone!

Hope you all had a great day! I am happy to say that I can check off 3 of the 4 things on my challenge list! I ate within my calories, tracked everything I ate and did a fast one mile Leslie Sansone WAP DVD! My fail was I didn't get 60 oz of water in! That's one of my toughest things!! It's not that I don't like water, either! Oh well...tomorrow is a new day and I'm hoping to conquer that list!!

I read on a FB healthy eating/weightloss page about a gal doing 100 Leslie Sansone WAP miles in August! I was impressed but know I could never do that many miles! I decided to start on 8/4 and challenged myself to get in 25 WAP miles by the end of August! So far I have done 4 miles in five days--which is a HUGE step forward for me!!

Here's a cute quote I found! This one made me chuckle!! :laugh:

You have to sweat like a pig and work like a horse if you want to look like a fox!!!!!!!

Let's get our "fox" on!!!
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    :flowerforyou: Hi

:frown: Got a bit behind with the posts again :embarassed:

:noway: :noway: Work is crazy at the moment, we never seem to have a spare moment, me and my colleague Jane feel as if we are drowning, think we need to take a step back and take a breath - get off the treadmill and prioritise.

Don't want to speak too soon or jinx it, but I have been exercising every morning for at least 10 mins since 1st August - WITH WEIGHTS!!!! Yes my weights finally arrived and I have started on the 0.5 kg which I can certainly feel - (just shows how unfit my arms are!) can't see a difference yet :bigsmile: :bigsmile: but all being well I'll keep on with the exercises and when ready progress to the 1kg weights (at the moment I can hardly lift them :bigsmile: :bigsmile: )

My weight is still a bit up and down, but I'm hoping that now I am starting to feel like my old self that I can get this under conrol.

I'm going away for a long weekend in a few weeks, must say the thought of getting away for some sea air has also made me feel much better.

Well better get ready for work, as I said it's crazy there at the moment, feel a bit guilty for leaving Jane to cope with it all, but it will only be for a few days.

Take Care everyone and hang on in there!
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Hello ladies

I'm rushed off my feet today, so not much time to write.

Yesterday was spent with my gorgeous grandtwins. We had so much fun. I love the cuddles and giggles we get. Molly loves to copy everything I do and Teddy is just such a funny little boy - even with his little problems.

Today is a warm one in London but, thankfully the tube was realatively empty this morning and we got a seat all the way. We got off a stop further away and walked down Regent Street to Bond Street because we had some extra time. I'd had a bad IBS night and got up early to have my stomp, but still feel restless.

We are in the process of 're-hanging' the gallery, so I'd better get to it.

Have a lovely, healthfilled day and make sure you do at least one thing that puts a big grin on your face!

Love to all.

Amanda x
  • Yardtigress
    Yardtigress Posts: 367 Member
    Good morning, I am not movtivated to walk today, I will see how it goes. I have been having cramps in my legs, I think from the exercise. Sign on later, time for breakfast. Tigress
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Good morning lovely ladies:flowerforyou:

Brendajs:smile: , love your quote. Yes, we are all foxes!!!!

Barbara:smile: , deodorant spray in your hair:noway: . My mom once sprayed Lysol in hers:laugh: . Hope your day gets better!!!!

Ps2cr:smile: , loved your day, isn't it funny how we can talk ourselves into doing what we want to do:laugh: . Hope your daughter feels better soon!

Isabellerose:smile: , welcome. It's great your hubby is also committed , makes things much easier!!!

Penguinally:smile: congrats on losing 200 lbs.!!!! I'm sure the 38 you gained will come back off. I have hypothyroidism and my metabolism is all over the place lately, sometimes it's really good, other times it feels non existent !!!! Drs. Have been playing with my meds., for almost year now. I am thankful that I've been able to stay on this new dosage for 3 months, instead of having to check it every 6 weeks !!!! Your goals for Aug. look good.

Kate:smile: , it is amazing to find out the calorie count of items, you wonder how just a small amount of food can hold so many calories:noway: . Hope your tests all come back good.

Carolyn:smile: , 14 miles on the bike is great!!!!!

Kathy:smile: take care of that toe!!!! Thanks for the inspiring quote!

Mommie55:smile: , welcome. It's great your son is along on this journey with you!!!

Polly:smile: what a nice gift from your hubby!!!! The playlist from your 16 yr. old son is great, how nice of him!!!

Becky:smile: I know my granddaughters have tons of energy and I can thankfully say since starting this in May-my energy level has increased!

Hellysuccess:smile: welcome! Your goals for Aug. looks good. I especially like "enjoy life"!!!!

JispyJudy:smile: , here's hoping your mojo comes back with a vengeance!!!!!

Sandhillsmom:smile: I live in NC too, in Winston Salem. Thanks for teaching our precious children!!!

Gini:smile: welcome!!! This forum has the most amazing women. Come in often and chat!!!

Meg:smile: glad your hubby is doing well!!!! That was really fast surgery!!!

Wizzywig:smile: , I too am way behind on posts!!!! Congrats for getting your exercise in. I get my walk in first thing in the mornings, otherwise I would probably keep putting it off.

Amanda:smile: I love being with my granddaughters, hugs and kisses from them are like nothing else:love: !!!!
    Hope your IBS gets better soon!!!

I apologize if I missed someone, I do read all the posts, and wish I had time to comment on everyone. You are all in my thoughts!!!!:flowerforyou:

I've got to get myself ready, I need to go to the farmers market and pickup some fresh veggies. Don't know exactly what I'm tasting for yet, tomatoes, cucumbers, squash etc.etc., maybe something new will intrigue me .

Hope you all have a fantastic happy day:heart: !!!!! Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee
  • mommie55
    mommie55 Posts: 23
    Happy day Ladies
    My goals for the rest of August are....pretty simple

Get more sleep and try to break the deprivation cycle...that should be an easy one :happy:
    Ride my bike at least once a day some thing I have not done in yrs :ohwell:
    Eat healthier.....this is the tough one!!! :smile:
    and drink more water :drinker:

Have a great month everyone:flowerforyou:
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,071 Member
    A Happy Day to All!!! :flowerforyou:

Just caught up on the posts and wow---so many of you are doing a great job managing the changes in your life! WOW! I'll try to stay in the pack of foxes with you. Wait, a group of foxes is not a pack, Wiki says it is a skulk, a leash, or a troop? Huh, I swear I've never heard that.

Moving on, need to make my list and off to pick up some things at my local mega-store (:ohwell: ) and then to the grocery store as I've run out of many healthy things. Can't let that happen or heaven knows what I'll eat right?

I adore little sayings and collect them on Pinterest. Anyway, this one tickled me:
    :laugh: Today I will be happier than a bird with a French fry.:laugh:

I am just starving today. Time to find some breakfast. This starving thing is usually a good sign for me---I swear it's my body saying hey, we're about to lose some weight here, quick, FEED ME!! :happy:

Guess I'll find out on Sunday morning. That's weigh-in morning for a challenge I joined here on MFP. This web site just has everything doesn't it?

Wishing you all well.

Lin
  • ginib
    ginib Posts: 62 Member
    Good morning Ladies!

Day off to a good start. Finally some much needed rain on its way to Ohio. My poor garden is suffering and my veggie crop is not quite what expected. There's nothing like sweet corn shucked in the garden and directly into the pot. But then again, since I'm watching my carbs, it's probably a blessing!

I need to commit some goals for August.
    - 10,000 step daily. This is something new for me. I work on a computer all day and have very little reason to get up.
    - exercise 2-3 times a week
    - follow carb cycling - still working out the plan. Probably 5 days down, 2 days up - down days under 75g, up days 150g
    - get more sleep. Staying up too late watching Olympics
    - plan out evening snack
    - eliminate sugar

I pack my lunch so can't get into too much trouble at work. I can only eat what I brought, tho there is always candy in the break room. EVIL! My problem time is evening. I'm working on a dress for granddaughter's birthday, so if I stay in my sewing room I'm okay. The problem is when I come down and DH goes to bed I graze. If I plan out my snack I should do better.

I feel good today. Motivated. My FitBit came yesterday so I'm anxious to see what my normal activity is and then can adjust. Planning on a Zumba class tonight. I was going 3 times a week and have totally slacked off due to scheduling conflicts with my favorite instructor. Hope I can make it through the hour!

Hope you all have a day you can feel good about.
    Gini