I don't eat clean, and I love it.

Options

Replies

• nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I've lost 5kg in 4weeks since using MFP but I am still drinking and smoking socially - it's surely all about balance??? My first time posting tonight - it's weird, (are any Aussies reading this) we seem to be a lot more relaxed diet wise? Happy to be attacked- please USA losing weight seems like a massive culture wave? Responses(Inc negative welcome)

Losing weight is a massive cultural thing here...because more of us need to! We somehow have managed to create a society that is 1)obsessed with being thin and 2)as a whole, overweight. Le sigh.

Of course it's about doing what you can live with. Some people prefer to have a little dessert every day, some people won't sacrifice pasta for anything, some people would rather eat like a vegan with a heart condition for 6 days in a row so that they can eat whatever comes to mind on the 7th day, and some people view their diet like a personal Mount Everest...they want to be super hardcore because they enjoy being super hardcore and doing something that most people can't.

Whatever keeps people happy and healthy, good for them!
  • TJtastic
    TJtastic Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I don't do any one category of diet 100% of the time either. I find it to be an unrealistic expectation for myself. Promising myself that I am *only* going to eat ABDC for all of eternity is just setting myself up for failure.

Couldn't agree more!!
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I have eaten what I want when I want it, it might have taken me longer to get to where I am, but, I'm not starving myself of the things I love.
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I practice MODERATION..

Alllll things in moderation.. Will power... Self-control... Portion control.... = Sustainability long-term.

I still get to enjoy all the yummy things that I love AND still lose weight. It's much more fun and easier to practice self-control than to deprive myself of certain foods --and then fall off the wagon because my cravings won out. No thanks.

I still eat veggies, fruits, lean proteins, protein, whole grains, good fibers, etc.. But I am happy to say that I ALSO occasionally enjoy such things as: Ice cream, pizza, bacon, pie, french fries, chips, (etc..) in smaller portion sizes.

This X10

I tried clean eating and that lasted less than a week. I don't have the time nor the inclination to sit down and make everything from scratch. I have still lost the weight and kept it off by simply watching how much I eat. I makes life much more manageable if I'm not doing the exact opposite of my entire family.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Your diet is distinctly lacking in Pop Tarts.

Nah - Toaster Strudel, they are hot and come with frosting.

Noo, toaster scramblers....bacon.....yum.

ERMAHGERD, I miss those things... haven't had one (or four) in like 10 years. So salty and delicious. I am eagerly awaiting the advent of gluten-free toaster scrambles.

And if anyone can show me that they DO exist already, I'm not sure if I'll hug or shank you, so proceed with caution.

I'm a Pop Tart gal, although I've only had maybe 6 Pop Tarts in the past 10 years but processed food is processed food, after all lol
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I started eating clean. I now rinse off my food before I cook it. I was rinsing off the can of my Coke Zero before I would drink it but I gave up Coke Zero. Why drink that unnatural stuff when I can have Dr. Pepper 10, which has real sugar..
  • sofakingawesome69
    Options
    I eat, keep track of how much I eat and exercise. take Vitamins and other supplements. Have Ice Cream once in a while and I am still losing and getting healthy. The key is amount you eat. Proper portions and nutrition. Sure if you eat a gallon of ice cream you eat too much, but 1/2 cup is enjoyable and not bad for you. If you have to live your life without any of the things you enjoy, then why bother. If you control yourself and want it ok then. Some people want to never eat Ice Cream again.. and that is ok too.
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    ditto.
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I will never eat "clean" or any other category of "diet" you want to insert. Is it healthier? Sure I suppose it would be. Would I enjoy life nearly as much without my morning "processed" cereal and yogurt, my weekend burgers and pizza, my beers whenever??? HELL NO! Therefore... I choose to do what I want and work out like a beast to compensate. :happy:
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    I eat, keep track of how much I eat and exercise. take Vitamins and other supplements. Have Ice Cream once in a while and I am still losing and getting healthy. The key is amount you eat. Proper portions and nutrition. Sure if you eat a gallon of ice cream you eat too much, but 1/2 cup is enjoyable and not bad for you. If you have to live your life without any of the things you enjoy, then why bother. If you control yourself and want it ok then. Some people want to never eat Ice Cream again.. and that is ok too.

^ definitely this
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I started eating clean. I now rinse off my food before I cook it. I was rinsing off the can of my Coke Zero before I would drink it but I gave up Coke Zero. Why drink that unnatural stuff when I can have Dr. Pepper 10, which has real sugar..

You are awesome! LOL
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options

My hero.
  • NWCountryGal
    Options

^LOL!! :laugh: This^
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options

Love this!
  • juggalotus
    juggalotus Posts: 227
    Options
    I allow myself to eat Chipotle once a week, i can not give it up, no way! lol...I'm still losing though! I always make sure it fits into my calories for the day and I drink PLENTY of water after because of the sodium. I love me some chipotle :)
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I must get me a semi-naked profile pic, it would give me SO much more credibility ...

How about Randy Travis's mug shot???
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I allow myself to eat Chipotle once a week, i can not give it up, no way! lol...I'm still losing though! I always make sure it fits into my calories for the day and I drink PLENTY of water after because of the sodium. I love me some chipotle :)

Chipotle can actually be really healthy, salads with chicken/steak/w.e with beans instead of rice, corn, mild salsa, fajita veggies, no cheese, no sour cream, and no dressing. Doesn't taste half bad either
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    I dont consider eating "clean" a diet . I try to do the 80/20 thing where i eat healthy 80% of the time and the other 20% what makes me happy. To me....clean is just eating less processed food than usual. Im not trying to worry about the enviroment or the conditions the animals were raised in etc. More fruits and veggies and less chips and poptarts lol.

I just find i feel better on the inside when i eat the least amount of processed food. Less headaches, gas, bloating etc. What ever works for a person is what they should do. Losing weight and getting healthy is not a one size fits all thing.

Good luck to everyone on here and i wish you all get what you want out of it.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I've lost 5kg in 4weeks since using MFP but I am still drinking and smoking socially - it's surely all about balance??? My first time posting tonight - it's weird, (are any Aussies reading this) we seem to be a lot more relaxed diet wise? Happy to be attacked- please USA losing weight seems like a massive culture wave? Responses(Inc negative welcome)

I do the same............I enjoy beer regularly, and smoke when I want to, and eat what I want.............eating CLEAN? i ENJOY eating dirty :wink: :wink:

Moderation, making wise choices, moving a bit, taking care of yourself.............that's enough for me. So many seem to get overly obsessed with words like CLEAN and MACROS and SUGAR and CARBS...........my gawd, people, LIVE YOUR LIFE. You only go around once, so make it fun!

If I was anywhere near Aussie, I'd buy you a beer!

Whoot whoot!
  • Ras_py
    Ras_py Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    how do you eat that stuff? none of that is food