NEED TO LOSE 100 LBS OR MORE !

Options

Replies

• MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of people telling me that I'm fat. I already know that. I need people to tell me that they will support and motivate me on my journey to a healthy me.
    Tell them that! The next time your mother says "You're too fat!" Ask her, "What are YOU doing to help me change that? I need help, not someone tearing down my self esteem!" 100 bucks says that jerks a knot in her tail.

Thanks to everyone for the support on my milestone. I was so excited when I realized that. :flowerforyou: :love: :drinker:

I won't fall backwards and start to gain. It's not like I've developed super willpower but Im terrified to let my sodium get too high since that's how I stroked out. Once I hit 1700mg a day I get nervous. If I hit 2000mg I start a mild anxiety attack and if I go over that then I sit at my desk and take my blood pressure overandoverandoverandoverandoverandover to see if it's going up. :noway:

So, I'm ok with that phobia for right now. It's beneficial for my weight loss.
  • andreabeatty
    Options
    @Vicki - breadcrumbs, you crack me up.....

@akelts - Not a single school around here would be lacking for applicants. SOmeone cut from my department went for an interview and they did the writing sample in shifts, she said there were 65 people in her group. There are no available teaching jobs at all, and more getting cut every year. We should all move by you!! And they gave us a new system, too, we are now using Infinite Campus after using eSchool. What did they give you?

Thursday truth - Ive been very bad about not eating. It's 1 pm, I still haven't eaten today. I was a little hungry before but I was wrapped up in a ook and didn't want to stop, then I wasn't hungry anymore. I have a dr appointment in an hour and a half so between getting dressed and getting there I probably wont eat anything until 4 pm. That's how its been going all summer because I can not function without a structured schedule. And I'm feeling it the most in my water intake, or rather, lack of. BEcause if I haven't eaten you know I certainly didn't drink anything, either.
  • monarchris
    monarchris Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all. We finally got some rain last night and it has cooled down to near normal temps. I'm going to have to make wishes more often.

Thursday truth, I haven't walked Belle since Monday. I have made excuses such as its too hot, I hurt too much or I'm too tired. Problem is they are all excuses. Today is nice and I am going to walk her today. As with my food, I have to take the exercise one day at a time.

Christine
  • Jadsiat
    Jadsiat Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is Jackie and when I started my weight loss journey, I needed to lose over 100 pounds. So far I have lost 55 pounds and would like to lose another 75. I am following weight watchers online in addition to this caloric program. I compare the two daily and try to see how I am doing. My biggest problem is drinking several brandys a day and going out to eat 2-3 times a week. Right now I know I will be slack because we go on a weeks vacation next week but when I get back, I will be going gung-ho. I will try to get on this site as often as I can. I hope to get some ideas from all of you.
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    So I was just looking through som of the various postings on the site and ran across this it was so fun I had to share:

1 pound = a Guinea Pig
    1.5 pounds = a dozen Krispy Kreme glazed donuts
    2 pounds = a rack of baby back ribs
    3 pounds = an average human brain
    4 pounds = an ostrich egg
    5 pounds = a Chihuahua
    6 pounds = a human skin
    7.5 pounds = an average newborn
    8 pounds = a human head
    10 pounds= chemical additives an American consumes each year
    11 pounds = an average house cat
    12 pounds = a Bald Eagle
    15 pounds = 10 dozen large eggs
    16 pounds = a sperm whale's brain
    20 pounds = an automobile tire
    23 pounds = amount of pizza an average American eats in a year
    24 pounds = a 3-gallon tub of super premium ice cream
    25 pounds = an average 2 year old
    30 pounds = amount of cheese an average American eats in a year
    33 pounds = a cinder block
    36 pounds = a mid-size microwave
    40 pounds = a 5-gallon bottle of water or an average human leg
    44 pounds = an elephants heart
    50 pounds = a small bale of hay
    55 pounds = a 5000 BTU air conditioner
    60 pounds = an elephants penis
    66 pounds = fats and oils an average American eats in a year
    70 pounds = an Irish Setter
    77 pounds = a gold brick
    80 pounds = the Worlds Largest Ball of Tape
    90 pounds = a newborn calf
    100 pounds = a 2 month old horse
    111 pounds = red meat an average American eats in a year
    117 pounds = an average fashion model (and shes 5'11")
    118 pounds = the complete Encyclopedia Britannica
    120 pounds = amount of trash you throw away in a month
    130 pounds = a newborn giraffe
    138 pounds = potatoes an average American eats in a year
    140 pounds = refined sugar an average American eats in a year
    144 pounds = an average adult woman (and shes 5'4½")
    150 pounds = the complete Oxford English Dictionary
    187 pounds = an average adult man
    200 pounds = 2 Bloodhounds
    235 pounds = Arnold Schwarzenegger
    300 pounds = an average football lineman
    400 pounds = a Welsh pony
  • tungsten93
    tungsten93 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth - All I want today is some beer and whisky. I've been really good about my alcohol intake this week and I don't have to work tonight so I'll probably have something, hopefully not too much. :drinker:
  • advocatemommio
    advocatemommio Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well, so far, I've lost 60 lbs. all from this app! It's been slowing down a bit for me, which is disappointing. Hopefully, the next 40 will start! Need to exercise more!
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Also.... I pronounced Geoffrey Chaucer's name with a hard g (and a long e and long o....) for years. Trying to read Chaucer when I couldn't even pronounce his name was ambitious to say the least... :tongue: It seems so obvious now...

hmm, true. we don't want to inspire more sibling rivalry than necessary. it seems weird to me how confused american are about the whole soft G business. but i know that 90% of people don't seem to realize. chaucer is pretty tough even if you can pronounce his name, though lol

hmm.. as an English teacher and self-proclaimed linguistics nerd I find this conversation intriguing. I would absolutely pronounce Gillian w/ the soft g b/c the rule is if a c or g is followed by e, i, or y, then it's soft. But even before I studied English, I knew this and would venture to guess that most people I know would pronounce it correctly as well. I mean, I've never noticed people making those types of mistakes (and trust me, I WOULD notice if it were common).

I was tempted to suggest that maybe it's a regional thing, but then Helen went and screwed up my theory (:tongue: ) since she's also from Chicago.

The new theory rolling around in my head is that maybe knowledge of that pronunciation comes with the number of generations of English speakers in the family...

The new theory is interesting. My dad was a naturalized American citizen. Believe it or not, though, he didn't magically lose his Hungarian accent after being sworn in. :tongue: My mom was born here, though.

I thought it may have been because when I tried reading him, he was too above my level. I assumed from the germanic nature of middle English that I should pronounce his name with the hard g. But then I went to college, and found that NO ONE pronounces his name with a hard g. So there I was, proven wrong once again. Such a sad experience... :wink:
  • Bsexi88
    Bsexi88 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I only have 59lbs to lose but I think this group is wonderful my twin sister has 100lbs to lose and often gets frustrated and sometimes IDK how to help but to just keep being encouraging. Since you can not invite people to this group I hope she see's that I posted here and decides to join.:happy: :heart:
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth- I'm getting better looking every day!

Oh wait.... that was more of a "Wednesday Wish"! :wink:

The truth is that while I have been MUCH better about exercise this week, I have been worse about food. Why can't I seem to do them right at the same time? I know I don't tell me that I "earned" it. It just seems to sneak up on me... I need to be balance both.
  • ndetmer
    ndetmer Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I was an offensive lineman back in college and I had to eat a whole pizza just not to loose weight. But now that I am 43 that doesn't hold true anymore. I used a bad scale for many months and convinced myself its not that bad(yet waist went from 40 to 44) until I stepped onto a scale that could actually weigh me. I have really hit the exercise program by biking to work over a 100 miles per week and swimming on alternate days. I started hitting it hard starting in May and have now lost 20+ pounds. Now the next step is diet, which I continue to fight. Trying not to eat my exercise calories is tough right now, but keeping track is returning results some weeks. Not sure what I will do when winter comes and I can't burn up 1500 cals per day riding my bike.

6 month goal is to below 300 bills before Xmas.
    This week & next - Daughter going off to college, a going away party for someone at work, BBQ for all the kids heading off to college, and other activities disrupting my exercise routines - have to manage the intake closer. If I can drop 1 lb this week would be good.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    @jtconst - love, love, love the list! My new, midway goal is to lose 77 lbs - a gold brick - and then find the gold brick! :laugh: :laugh:
  • monarchris
    monarchris Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    So I was just looking through som of the various postings on the site and ran across this it was so fun I had to share:

1 pound = a Guinea Pig
    1.5 pounds = a dozen Krispy Kreme glazed donuts
    2 pounds = a rack of baby back ribs
    3 pounds = an average human brain
    4 pounds = an ostrich egg
    5 pounds = a Chihuahua
    6 pounds = a human skin
    7.5 pounds = an average newborn
    8 pounds = a human head
    10 pounds= chemical additives an American consumes each year
    11 pounds = an average house cat
    12 pounds = a Bald Eagle
    15 pounds = 10 dozen large eggs
    16 pounds = a sperm whale's brain
    20 pounds = an automobile tire
    23 pounds = amount of pizza an average American eats in a year
    24 pounds = a 3-gallon tub of super premium ice cream
    25 pounds = an average 2 year old
    30 pounds = amount of cheese an average American eats in a year
    33 pounds = a cinder block
    36 pounds = a mid-size microwave
    40 pounds = a 5-gallon bottle of water or an average human leg
    44 pounds = an elephants heart
    50 pounds = a small bale of hay
    55 pounds = a 5000 BTU air conditioner
    60 pounds = an elephants penis
    66 pounds = fats and oils an average American eats in a year
    70 pounds = an Irish Setter
    77 pounds = a gold brick
    80 pounds = the Worlds Largest Ball of Tape
    90 pounds = a newborn calf
    100 pounds = a 2 month old horse
    111 pounds = red meat an average American eats in a year
    117 pounds = an average fashion model (and shes 5'11")
    118 pounds = the complete Encyclopedia Britannica
    120 pounds = amount of trash you throw away in a month
    130 pounds = a newborn giraffe
    138 pounds = potatoes an average American eats in a year
    140 pounds = refined sugar an average American eats in a year
    144 pounds = an average adult woman (and shes 5'4½")
    150 pounds = the complete Oxford English Dictionary
    187 pounds = an average adult man
    200 pounds = 2 Bloodhounds
    235 pounds = Arnold Schwarzenegger
    300 pounds = an average football lineman
    400 pounds = a Welsh pony
    [/qu

I love it!
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here but I just wanted to comment on the post about people not noticing a 40lb weight loss. (Sorry, thought I was quoting your post so I didn't jot down your name).

My husband started on MFP a few years ago, months before I did. People noticed that he lost a lot of weight but didn't say anything to him. They later asked me if he was losing weight "on purpose". He didn't tell people that he was watching his weight so our friends started to worry once they started to notice! I know that at my weight I have to lose a minimum of 35lbs before people notice. To be honest (Thursday Truth?), I would rather not tell people that I've lost 30-40lbs with so much left to go because I feel like it's an admission of my plus 100lb to go. I really don't know it I'm more embarrassed by the amount or daunted by the road ahead.

Keep it up! You are, ultimately, losing the weight for yourself. And, you know what you've accomplished!
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    @doug&skinnyjeanz:::: This is the cycle I am stuck in at the moment as well. And it's driving me crazy and is very frustrating. And skinnyjeanz I agree with the whole compliment aspect of it too. But I'm really really trying to refocus!

Thursday Truth:: I am going to Holiday World, in Indiana this Sunday. It's a theme park/water park. The truth is I am VERY nervous about not being able to fit into the rides also about walking around in my swimsuit at the water park. I kind of feel a little panicky thinking about going to get in the ride and I don't fit and how embarrassing it would be! And I know I will go and get in the rides. But that "what if" lurks over me and is driving me insane....And Sunday I'll have a whole 2 1/2hr drive to freak out before we get there lol
    I'm just nervous. And while yes having others watch as they notice I can't fit in a ride is embarrassing...but most importantly I'm going to feel horrible about myself. BUT on the other hand it would definitely give me even more motivation. But I'm hoping that my hips fit in those rides! Mainly it's the roller coasters I'm worried about.

Either way everyone have a terrific Thursday!

Tina
  • andreabeatty
    Options
    Oh My Helen you are too much.

I just got invited to run a 5K Survival Race in September. I usually only run for ice cream trucks and outlet sales. Any input?
  • tikafly
    tikafly Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    @trhjrh06 - not being able to fit a ride happened to me at Legoland in January of this year. The rides at Legoland are made a bit smaller to accommodate kids. One ride had the shoulder restraints, and they couldn't get me buckled in no matter how hard they tried. The walk of shame was mortifying, but oh well, it is what it is. Since I was so far in denial, it didn't bother me as much as it should have. I hope to return to Legoland one day and ride the ride that I was once too fat to ride. We go to Disney yearly, and I have never had a problem there yet. However, it will be nice to go to any amusement park one day and not have to worry about fitting.

Tip: if the ride has a seat belt, pull it all of the way out *before* you sit down.

I hope you have a great trip.
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    OK if it makes you guys feel better Tina and Skinnyjeans: you're both fat like me!:laugh: And Thanks Monachris. :drinker: I needed that! Now its time to get my butt in gear and run tonight.
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Hello Everybody!
    I'm so relieved to find a truly supportive group with similar goals to my own and people in my boat! I will soon turn 50 and my initial goal was to be in a healthy weight range by the time I hit that magic number. Sadly, I'm a two time restart. My efforts were derailed but I'm back on track since 6/26/12 and hope to stay on track! I've lost fairly significant amounts of weight 3 times in my adult life only to gain all the weight back and then some. I'm an emotional eater and soothed myself through all of life's traumas with food. I know what to do to lose weight. I've done it all! Atkins in the 80's, Jenny Craig (twice) in the 90's, Weight Watchers after my kids were in school, and MFP since 2010. I've discovered that I'm either "on" or "off" a weight loss plan. I guess I never accepted that "on" has to be a way of life! Boy, will my kids be thrilled to discover that grilled protein, few snacks, and lots of fruits and veg are the way things are going to have to be around here!

Truth: ....In addition to the above, I still haven't restarted my exercise :( it's been TOO darn hot in Chicago!
  • KimWW
    KimWW Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hello! New to the thread, and MFP in general.

Goal for this week - Get the lawnmower repaired.