Bahamas anyone?

Options
Mama_Mila
Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
My husband and I will be going on a cruise to the Bahamas in about 3 weeks to celebrate our 2 year anniversary and we haven't booked any excursions yet! Have any of you gone and done the excursions there? There didn't seem to be as many as there was in Mexico...We're considering just saving our money and doing some extra shopping and just going to the public beaches, but if there's an excursion that's worth it, I'm down!

Even if you've been and didn't do an excursion, please tell me what you did while you were there? Anything that we need to make sure we go do or see?

Replies

• Mama_Mila
    Options
    No one has been to the Bahamas?! EVER???
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that.
  • Mama_Mila
    Options
    ^^^You, my friend, are no help -.-
  • AwesomeMoJo
    AwesomeMoJo Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Mila, what Cruise line are you going on? I did a jeep excursion that I LOVED last year. I have done a horseback riding one where you ridethe horses on the beach....

I was on a local cruise line CElebration for one of them . Another was Norwegian and the other (Snorkeling excursion) was on Royal Carribean.....

They are all great, especially when you aretravelling with the one you love...
  • Mama_Mila
    Options
    We're going on Carnival and I've seen the horse back riding one and it just didn't seem like anything great to me...What do you do on the jeep one? Do you just get to rent a jeep or do you go on a tour or something?
  • Sammijo9
    Options
    If it was me and this was a once in a life time chance to go to the bahamas i would do like a snorkle trip or something but thats just me and i love to swim. or a swim with the dolphins excursion. heck i would just be happy to see the water. have fun and shop like crazy. i might given you some money to bring me back a t shirt lol! maybe i'll be in a smaller size by then. :0)
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Never been. I'll be sneaking into your suitcase. Thanks!
  • Mama_Mila
    Options
    Hehehe :) well I'm sad that apparently like no one has been to give me some advice :(
  • hungergames324
    hungergames324 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm going in November!
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Atlantis, or however you spell it is supposed to be awesome. Whatever you do just book your excursion 3rd party online and not through the cruise line. It will be cheaper and a smaller group and probably with the same excursion company.
  • CallMeWifey
    CallMeWifey Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am also cruising carnival to the bahamas in 3 weeks! I've been on several cruises, but never to the bahamas. We will be going to Atlantis. I'm very excited about this. I've been told it's expensive, but well worth it. Also at this same port there is some awesome shopping, my aunt told me (handbags and such). Not sure yet what we will do on the other two shops, yet. Probably just hit up the beach and shop!
  • AwesomeMoJo
    AwesomeMoJo Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    We're going on Carnival and I've seen the horse back riding one and it just didn't seem like anything great to me...What do you do on the jeep one? Do you just get to rent a jeep or do you go on a tour or something?

I have never been on Carnival. I was on Norwegian and for me the excursion was GREAT on the horse. It is my favorite animal, I love the beach, and we had a picinic too.

The jeep excursion was just that..you got a rented jeep followed a tour guide (we went to this cave down under the island..it was awesome, a seculded part of the isalnd had lunch there on the beach, went off roading, and they took us to where Pirates of The Caribbean was filmed as well as got to see one of the ships used in the movie. ), and on the way back...it was like we were 4 wheeling,,,doing donuts in this empty field near a beach, it was GREAT....
  • dsmease7
    dsmease7 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Sorry I can't help with the Bahamas. That is about the only place my wife & I haven't been to in the Carribean. I sent you a message tho with a link that should provide you with more info than you'll ever need:)
    Dan
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    What are your ports of call?
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    honestly just enjoy the vast scenery that is beautiful!! Compared to the US anywhere you go in the Bahamas is beautiful as well as the clear blue water. you have to do horseback riding on the beach if you can.
  • Mama_Mila
    Options
    I am also cruising carnival to the bahamas in 3 weeks!

What if we are going on the same cruise!? lol
  • Mama_Mila
    Options
    What are your ports of call?

Nassau, and Half Moon Cay!
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    I'm going on a Carnival cruise to the same ports but not until January. Also trying to decide what excursions to do.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    My husband and I will be going on a cruise to the Bahamas in about 3 weeks to celebrate our 2 year anniversary and we haven't booked any excursions yet! Have any of you gone and done the excursions there? There didn't seem to be as many as there was in Mexico...We're considering just saving our money and doing some extra shopping and just going to the public beaches, but if there's an excursion that's worth it, I'm down!

Even if you've been and didn't do an excursion, please tell me what you did while you were there? Anything that we need to make sure we go do or see?
    You are going in the middle of hurricane season and there are at least three big ones out there right now.
    The waters are really churned up right now and visibility sucks so, skip any snorkeling/diving trips.
    The last time we went, my wife and I hung out at a resort all day. We just took a cab to some resort and ate and drank.
    Sorry I can't help more :(
  • doogie52
    doogie52 Posts: 53
    Options
    Been to Bahamas twice. If you can, book a parasailing excursion...:bigsmile: