2»

Replies

• JackShow70
    Options
    Just log into MFP and get distracted :)
  • lucille_heather
    lucille_heather Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    yeah thats what ive got to get into my head! and the will power! haha. thankyou! :D
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Is there anything you think thats best to eat or drink during moments like that? or just to go out and do something?

lots of water
    nonfat yougurt
    trail mix, or any nuts
    a harb boiled egg
    fruit
    veggies
    100 cal snack packs (everything from cookies to chips.)
  • Robinsond61
    Options
    I always seem to chug a glass of water, and brew up some coffee to drink - takes up some time and it satisfies me for some reason...may just be that I LOVE coffee. It's a better option than eating junk for sure.
  • lucille_heather
    lucille_heather Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    yeah im a MASSIVE coffee lover, and i do drink one or two cups of it in the afternoon between lunch and dinner to keep me happy, but its just those lazy days where i think ooo i fancy crisps or a biscuit right now. jsut need to get that out my head and replace it with water!
  • skylily4ever
    skylily4ever Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have this problem, because I am a stay at home mom and my daughter is constantly hungry, yet never gains a pound (jealous). But I've found that cleaning (especially not so appealing things like the bathroom) curbs my appetite, or working on stuff, I crochet like crazy to keep food out of my mouth.
  • jeanasumrall
    Options
    Don't keep more food than you will eat in one week. It helps because there won't be as much to snack on and you won't want to have to go back to the grocery store so soon. What also helps me is instead of eating get something yummy to drink. Tea, Coffee, lime water, cucumber water, are all really tasty and have close to no calories. Actually today is my day off and I have a huge mug of coffee on my desk right here. Trust me, I understand. I have ADHD to like the infinity power. Sometimes I chew on a toothpick to keep my mouth busy.
  • twake14812
    Options
    Just log into MFP and get distracted :)

I do this same thing! I also look up other fitness info online. I also drink lots of water, and have recently started drinking some broth which is low in calories, but still satisfying. I still do have some boredom issues as well, but I always try to find something to do around the house, or just get online and try to keep my mind occupied on something else. Before I know it, an hour has flown by!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Recognizing it is the first step so congrats to you on that! Most of us think emotional eating typically related to stress or being sad or lonely but technically boredom fits in the category as well.

The first way to avoid this is to find something to do. Go for a walk, bike ride, hike, etc. If it's nasty out, go to the mall. Start up some music and dance around your room. Or less active things like reading, watching a movie, doing something crafty. Just be careful with TV because, I don't know about anyone else, but as much as I love those shows about food, if I'm in that boredom eating phase, they just make me want to eat even more.

It stinks that you can't avoid the bad food! Find alternatives that are still yummy but won't mess with your calories too much. There's protein bars, low cal snack bars, sugar free/fat free pudding and jello, fruits like grapes and berries where you feel like you're getting a lot for little calories, veggies with hummus or a low fat dip, or even light popcorn.

Oh, one more thing I've done before... if you REALLY want that ice cream or whatever, walk/bike/run there to burn the calories.
  • Ivana331
    Ivana331 Posts: 230
    Options
    I am a SAHM, so I had so many days like that before I started this. Now that I can see what I am putting in my body, I try to plan out my food the day before, then enter it all at breakfast time. I stick to my diary and don't let myself eat anything extra.