salad ideas?

Options
I love salads! I honestly could eat them everyday. I have my basics that I always eat..
So what are some salads you love? I want some fresh ideas! thank you :wink:

Replies

• kateneyxx
    kateneyxx Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My "Mega salad" consists of the following:

lettuce
    cherry tomatoes
    sweetcorn (little spoonful)
    chopped spring onions
    beetroot
    grated carrot
    sliced red pepper
    a boiled egg

and some cold meat on the side :glasses:

BOOOOOM!!! :tongue:
  • ultraplop
    Options
    Try putting some kumquats on a salad if you can find them, they are kind of intense on their own, but on a salad they give it a pretty nice citrusy kick.
  • RawrWolfie
    RawrWolfie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    iceberg lettuce, croutons, bacon bits and ranch! love it!
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Sliced strawberries, feta, pecans, grilled chicken, and strawberry/berry vinaigrette.

Great combo.

I prefer spinach for the greens so it isn't the nutritional equivalent of cardboard though.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Romaine lettuce, purple onions, kidney or black beans, carrots, tomatoes, red bell pepper(red is my favorite, but any is okay), dried cranberries, nutritional yeast, and usually lemon juice instead of dressing. I sometimes will put avocado on it, but that's kind of a treat, not a usual thing. And I will sometimes use fat free salad dressing. I absolutely LOVE salad!
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • Lazygal53
    Lazygal53 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    My salad today was:
    Spinach
    Tomato
    Grapes
    Strawberries
    Walnuts
    Feta
    Like 5 croutons
    Lite Raspberry vinaigrette
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Romaine lettuce or I prefer lots of spinach, grilled chicken or a boiled egg..sometimes a side of salmon, carrots, lots of cucumbers, green onions, radishes, bell peppers, sometimes mushrooms,1/4 cup of garbanzo beans or soybeans, avocado, tomatoes.

I eat my salad with a splash of vinegar and lots of pepper.

I had a salad for lunch! :bigsmile:
  • citizencrp
    citizencrp Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    My fave right now is:
    Arugula and/or spinach
    1 ounce goat cheese
    pickled beets (I prefer Lovebeets!)
    salt/pepper
    drizzle of EVOO
    drizzle of vinegar

BUT, it doesn't need dressing at all really, if you cut/chop it well enough with the beets and cheese and S&P.

Sometimes I add some beans, but I get enough of those in the rest of my meals lately, so for me, lately, a salad get's to be a salad and doesn't have to be a meal.
  • Cblackburn221
    Cblackburn221 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Lettuce, chicken, black beans, corn, salsa, & light ranch.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    caprese
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    Options
  • barmum
    barmum Posts: 73
    Options
    grated khol rhabi is very nice on salad as is mooli (japanese radish) I keep a big pot by the backdoor where I grow mixed salad leaves like mustard and land cress (DONT grow this in open soil it's unbelievably invasive!)
    Putting fresh picked stuff in salads makes an awful lot of difference even if it's just herbs out of a windowsill pot x
  • cyanidecatharsis
    Options
    Classic spinach - Baby spinach, red onions, white mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, bacon (optional), and crutons.

Pairs nice a with honey dijon or poppyseed dressing.
  • citizencrp
    citizencrp Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Oh! Also Tabbouleh!
    I love fresh parsley this time of year. I make it myself sometimes, but if you're looking for store bought, I highly recommend the Good Neighbors brand. It's my preferred ratio of veggies to grain.

I seriously, cannot wait to get home to some tabbouleh now.
  • mrswilson0511
    mrswilson0511 Posts: 132 Member
    Options

i love skinny taste and have loved everything i have tried from it. I look at her salads often. i wanted to see what other people came up with too!
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I keep plenty of fresh fruits, veggies and some meats for my salads.
    Tonight's salad will have:
    Teriyaki Chicken, Hard Boiled egg, Baby greens and spinach, Tomatoes, Onions, Radishes, Carrots, Mushrooms, Peppers, Pickles, Roasted Pecans, a little cheese and Home Made Honey Mustard Dressing
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    Options
    I usually have the same salad over and over but change dressings. Sometimes I might have lemon juice, other times I might have a Balsamic dressing or I might use a light salad cream, but I even make up vinaigrette bt I make it completely oil free! yummy x
  • cjsmommy7
    cjsmommy7 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    saw an idea for mango chicken salad was going to try
    chicken breast, mixed salad leaves, macademia nuts,sliced mango and cucumber, lime juice and chilli dressing looked awesome.