Brag on your kids

Options

Replies

• fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    My only son will be 5 on the 28th. He is amazing and the apple of my eye!

He can tell you anything about any Star Wars/Batman/Spiderman comic or movie. (Yes he actually has real comic books).

He may be the only kid in the world who still has a batman tv.

Chooses fruits, veggies and yogurt for snacks. Milk or juice for drinks.

He is an amazing artist!

His favorite bands are AC/DC, Arctic Monkeys, The Animals and various other classics.

He isn't even in kindergarten and can read and write exceptionally well for his age.

IMAG0019.jpg
  • glamouritz64
    glamouritz64 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My two boys are HILARIOUS!

My 14-year old has an old soul, and is very intelligent. He has a great sense of humor and loves to show off "his cool mom" to his friends. (Who DOES that at 14??)

My 11-year old is charming, funny and very loving. He has the most generous spirit I've ever seen.

They are both very supportive of my healthy lifestyle efforts, and will gladly walk, skate, bike-ride, etc., with me. And, they call ME the fun parent! Nuck-nuck-nuck *in my Three Stooges voice* LOL

They are the LOVES of my life!
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    My 5 year old loves helping me out with her little brothers.. She is a very sweet little girl.
    My 18 month old likes helping me clean and blows me kisses :)
    My 4 month old is the happiest baby I've ever known. All you have to do is look at him and he gives the biggest smile. Truly a sweetheart. <3
  • lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Love this topic!

My 16 year old son plays varsity hockey for his school, and was just evaluated by a NHL scout for the Winnipeg Jets! He works two jobs because he understands how expensive his sport is, and as a single parent it is hard to pay for everything. He also bought a car this summer.

My 12 year old plays football and basketball, and he has a photographic memory. It is crazy how he can read something once and be able to repeat it word for word hours later.

I have been a single parent for 11 years and their dad decided to move away and out of their lives. I am so proud of them because they are really good kids! We are extremely close, and love to hang out together.... I LOVE MY BOYS! They are my inspiration!
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Love this thread!!!

My boys are amazing... both as smart as anything, funny, sweet and sensitive.

My 12 year old is the most loving kid - he tells me he loves me dozens of times a day, will run upstairs just to give me a kiss, then go back to what he was doing. He loves hockey and video games, and is super-sweet around little kids.

My 10 year old is a comedian - tells the best stories and loves to write, even his teacher says he is a fantastic writer and hilarious :) He swims like a fish and kicks butt at soccer.
  • DoOrDoNotThereIsNoTry1
    Options
    My 4 year old daughter tries to do P90X Cardio/Plyo with me. She is so cute.
    She is also the best trainer. Finished riding the stationary bike for 30 mins and was done with a workout. She told me to get back on the bike and do more exercise. The next Jillian Michaels!

My almost 2 year old son pushes me to. He likes to add extra weight to my push-ups and planks by jumping on me.

Gotta love 'em
  • doin_it_in_the_gym
    Options
    My kids are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!.. I know every parent thinks they have the smartest, prettiest, sweetest most respectful children ever, but I honestly have that...

I have three children a son 17, my middle daughter who is 15, and my youngest daughter who is 6..

They all help with chores, my two high schoolers are both in AP honors classes make straight A's.. I never have to ask more than once for them to do anything. Once a week my 15 year old cooks dinner (she wants to be a chef) and has something yummy for us to all try for dinner... My son plays baseball and is starting pitcher!! He loves and protects his Mommy when all his friends ask for hugs, and punches them on occasion for staring a little too long at me in a swimsuit lmao :laugh:

My youngest is the sweetest most precious thing in the world and makes me smile every morning when she gives me butterfly kisses... She wrote to Santa last Christmas to take all her toys to a family we knew whose house burnt right before the Holidays....

I could go on for hours about how wonderful and kind my kids are, but you will soon get bored :)) and perhaps come to try and kidnap them lol..
  • wstokes28
    Options
    What an awesome thing to do. My 23 year old daughter is on the Deans list at University and had achieved 4.0 last semester. My 25 year old son has wanted to be a comedian every since he could talk. That's all he has ever said he wanted to be. Now he is in LA doing stand up comedy and is achieving a level of success that amazes me. I'm proud that he had the guts to follow his dream. If you want to see him go to youtube SAM STEWART AK.A. S MAN STEW. But he is a little racy so this brand of comedy is not for everybody.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I have to little boys.

My 5 year old is our little architect. He loves legos and builds this huge, elaborate creations with no instructions, just off of the top of his little head. He's also talented in drawing and fills up book after book of drawing paper with his little masterpieces. He's very funny and has a hysterical, dry sense of humor. He's also quite clever and is a grade head in math and science. He's my little mini-me and as hard as that can be at times, we really "get" each other.

My 2 year old is my extra mellow little snuggle baby. He's super affectionate and very sweet. He was our little surprise but he's been the perfect fit into our family. He's very curious and silly, he knows no fear and is a total dare-devil. He loves to sing, dance and is very advanced with his vocabulary. He's like talking to a little old man, it's wild.

boys.jpg
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    My kid is still at the internal stage so I can only brag on what I know :laugh:

He's measuring perfect for his age, he likes to play tricks on his dad and stop kicking whenever he's touched, and he didn't give his mom any morning sickness!
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    My 8 year old is the cutest, funniest, strongest, sweetest 8 year old I know!!! He eats anything I give him, his favorite snack is celery w/ peanut butter, and he loves jalapenos. :) He's in sports pretty much all year round. He's an AWESOME lil' wrestler, bumped him up last year to the 9-10 year olds and he still placed every tournament! He was 7!!! He rides his bike 3 miles a day when I walk/jog. He knows more about Football and UFC than most adults! He loves fishing, swimming, sports and his little sister!!!!

My 6 Month old daughter, well of course she's the cutest and sweetest baby I know! LOL! She's got a crazy little personality! I think I may have my hands full with her, but she's worth it! She's SO smart!!!! She eats any vegetable but isn't too excited about fruit! She started sleeping through the night at 4 weeks old!!!! Yay for me!

I'm a proud mama!!
  • Linnybear1974
    Options
    Look at my pic. . . my 3 year old princess Yasmine. . . 'nuff said!!! :heart: :love: :heart:
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    Meet my 3 kids they just made me the proudest mama in the world! :drinker: :laugh:

311626_466479543369903_1167076040_n1.jpg
  • 4aFitTina
    Options
    OMG I love this thread. I have 2 kids and they are the best too. They crack me up and are so snugglie. The thing I have to brag about is their manners. We have worked hard on making sure we have kids that say 'please' and 'thank you' and 'yes' instead of 'yeah'.

Oh, and we found out our 4-year old is reading at a 6 year old level and doing math at a 1st grade level. Sooooo proud of her.
  • greenbox06
    greenbox06 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Mine are pretty young but have done so much already

They are 5 months old born a little over 12 weeks early
    Son's name is Owen
    Daughter's name is Jasleen

Owen is a fighter from day one( Came out blue and not breathing fought through it and was looking around by the time we headed to the NICU)
    He then pulled out his vent tube the very next day
    He now watches every move you make or pretty much everything

Jasleen has had her trials as well and has fought through them with ease.
    She is a very happy baby. Don't have to do much to make her laugh

With twins the biggest thing that I can boast about is they will sleep 6-7 hours at night if I let them
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    419778_10151632467245413_1037285340_n.jpg

These are my children, the middle one, the beautiful bride, is a manager at a travel agents, is married, obviously, and has a beautiful little girl, my grandbaby, Lilah Rose Grace, the other daughter is a Nurse, and my handsome son is a chef in a VERY nice hotel, none of them still live at home, and they are all happy, healthy and fabulous.

I am so proud of them, they have had a very tough and difficult time, with some incredibly bad things happen to them, but they are all wonderful, beautiful and good people, they make me feel like a better person just because I made them.

559369_10151780573155413_941388266_n.jpg

my Son holding his new born niece, how could I not be proud?

Oh and this is them with me, on my Wedding day

16560_194339778768_1167817_n.jpg
  • linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    My daycare lady told me that my daughter - 16 months- is the best eater she's ever seen! Seriously she will eat everything I put in front of her...chicken, broccoli, Lima beans, cauliflower, strawberries, blueberries, spinach, tomatoes, watermelon, black beans, corn....the list goes on! I think it was all how we introduced food to her. We never gave her any purees, we did something called Baby led weaning....I highly encourage anyone who is going to introduce solids to their kids to check it out!
  • livinfitanfun
    Options
    I have 2 wonderful kids!
    My 3 year old daughter Mica is AWESOME! lol She has been doing gymnastics for over a year now and we all swear she is going to make it to the Olympics one day! She loves to have her nails done and loves when I put beads in her hair! She NEVER leaves out the house without her purse and we started teaching her about money so one day we where in line at the store and a little girl about her was behind us and I let her buy two lollipops with her money and she turned around and gave one to the other little girl she didn't even know and said pay it forward!!! I Knew right then my daughter is the going to be amazing! We donate and gave a lot so she is used to hearing me and my husband say things like that but for her to totaly do it own her own was great to see. I hope she never loses that.

My 1 year old son is FANTASTIC! lol He is so shy and handsome. When he opens up he is very fun and funny! He loves anything that has to do with cars. trucks and getting dirty. The cutest thing was seeing him "help" his dad change the car tires the other day! Everyone is always blown away by his manners at such a young age. He says thank you, your welcome and may I. He tries so hard to talk like a big boy ( he's almost 2) He is also a nudist! lol I swear everytime I turn my back he is naked. The worst is when we are at the beach and when I look up the is naked playing in the sand!

They both ONLY drink water but I have to admit I do add a little mio in it for some taste sometimes. Healthy eating is something I try very hard to make fun for them. I find letting them help me make it they are more app to eat it. But they do like to eat a slice of pizza every once in awhile and these little fun Japanese snacks. I can't read japanese labels but they don't seem unhealthy. Anyway my kids a great and we are very happy for the happy and healthy two we have!
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    419778_10151632467245413_1037285340_n.jpg

These are my children, the middle one, the beautiful bride, is a manager at a travel agents, is married, obviously, and has a beautiful little girl, my grandbaby, Lilah Rose Grace, the other daughter is a Nurse, and my handsome son is a chef in a VERY nice hotel, none of them still live at home, and they are all happy, healthy and fabulous.

I am so proud of them, they have had a very tough and difficult time, with some incredibly bad things happen to them, but they are all wonderful, beautiful and good people, they make me feel like a better person just because I made them.

559369_10151780573155413_941388266_n.jpg

my Son holding his new born niece, how could I not be proud?

Oh and this is them with me, on my Wedding day

16560_194339778768_1167817_n.jpg

Bloody hell I married well! I was thrown into their lives when they were teens. It was't easy, and it still has it's moments, but I am immensely proud of all of them. Even if my part in all this was small.
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    My son is my hero and I'm proud that I was picked to be his Mother, one of the greatest callings ever. Here's why:

1. He's had 8 trips to our local operating room for various issues he was born with. (open heart surgery, VSD repair, an EDG with biopses, G tube placement for feeding, ear tubes 1st set, hypospadias repair 3 times, ear tubes 2nd set and adenoids taken at the same time. He has had countless number of non O.R. trip testing done as well.

2. He eats, yes, that's right. After 2 years on a feeding tube and spending copious amounts of hours teaching him how to eat since he was too sick to do it for a long time. Yep, proud to see him eat anything!!

3. He had the most energy of any kid I've ever seen!! It's going to be awesome to see what he can accomplish with it in the future!

4. He is hilarious!! The things that come out of this kids mouth....oh my!!!!

We are blessed with our miracle because he most certainly is one!!!! I was told many times that I would never have children. I lost 2 before him and 1 after him.

Even after going through all of that.....I wouldn't change a thing. I am stronger, my husband is stronger and he is a strong kid who loves his scars!!!

And if you thinking I"m the kinda Mom who "babies" her child because of all of the above.....you're wrong. I've pushed and pushed and pushed to make his life as normal as we could before all his repairs were done. We are reaping the benefits of a child who is VERY well adjusted despite the hand he was delt with in life.

We walk our road in life so that in the future, you can help someone along their road's path.

EAT that he will be 6 years old this October.