25 years and up...dating questions??

Options
13»

Replies

• ellejay42
    ellejay42 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 28 and my boyfriend is 22. The age difference doesn't bother me now but I did feel a bit of a cradle snatcher when we started going out - 18 and 24 seemed a huge age gap at the time.

Most times people couldn't tell the age difference between us, the only thing is I'm desperate to get married and he's not ready yet. He's worth the wait and it'll happen eventually though :)
  • Kationia02703
    Options
    I know alot of men and women who will only date within their age bracket and they complain all the time. I will admit though I am 30 and my husband is 56. We have known/been dating each other 12 years come September and married 4 years last month.
  • mittensofdoom
    mittensofdoom Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hmm. I'm 29 and I tend to date guys 30-35, I guess I consider that in my age range. I was on OKCupid for awhile and I did notice a lot of 30 something guys looking for women between 18 and mid 20s. I generally avoided those guys, that's just kind of creepy. If you're not emotionally mature enough to date in your age range you're not worth my time.
  • _Sara_A_
    _Sara_A_ Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm 33 (at the end of the month) and my bf's 37. I did date a couple guys who were quite a bit older than me (ie 50's) but they ended because I was uncomfortable with that much of an age gap. Nothing wrong with the guy themselves. I have a cousin whose wife is 7 years older than him (he's 43, she's 50), another cousin whose 33 and her husband is 42, as well as friends where he's 29, she's 37. All have them have been married for at least 5 years if not longer. It's whatever works for that couple.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I'm 28 and my range is 27-35
  • F__7
    F__7 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    <<<<--- Here I am!! Rock'n like a Hurricane!!!
  • gedamura
    Options
    I'm only 22 but I thought I'd answer anyways. When I was 14 I dated a guy that was 19. At 15 I dated a 17 year old. My girlfriend and I were both 16 while we were together. After we broke up I got with my now husband who was 36 at the time and just turned 42. When our ages were 18 and 38 we were in a polygamous relationship and I had a 15 year old girlfriend. That relationship only lasted a ittle over a month because she moved. Now it's just the 2 of us and our 2 year old son.

IMPORTANT NOTE- THE AGE OF CONSENT IN MY STATE IS 15 SO NONE OF THIS WAS ILLEGAL!!!!!

I got totally lost reading this post... My brain hurts now. I think I'm too old for all this!

yup!
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    older women....yes please.

girls my age are generally lackluster in pretty much every category. not always, but most of the ones I come across in real life.
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I'd date no younger than 20 and no older than 35.

Not really attracted to older, middle-aged guys. I like my men with a little more... stamina. >.>
  • TheChocolatePrincess
    TheChocolatePrincess Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I typicaly dat men who are significantly older than I am. But that is what I prefer. Always have. It isn't hard to date in your age range, you just have to be where people your age are. I don't typically like to go to the places my peers frequent (I am just really "over" the DC club scene) so I don't really go places where i am going to meet many people in my age group, I prefer local lounges and bars over over crowded clubs and posing in VIP. I got real bills, I don't have time to be spending my rent money posting up at Lux Lounge...lol!
  • Inked_Chik_89
    Options
    I am 23 and my boyfriend of 1 1/2 years is 37. 14 year age difference and many people say it's too much. I think it's how you get a long with a person and how they treat you/make you happy. I have dated in my age range before this guy. My last 3 relationships were with guys in my age range and they all didn't work out.

If it works and you are happy age shouldn't matter.

Look at Celine Dion and her husband...they are like 20+ years apart :-)
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I avoid dating anyone 3-4 years older/younger then me. I just can't do it. I like someone within my age range. My husband is 3 1/2 years older then me and it feels like a HUGE gap. It doesn't hinder our relationship at all but still enough years where when I was 20 he was just ending his partying. I ended my partying at 20 after meeting him because he didn't do it so I completely skipped the whole bar/clubbing thing from 21 - 24. Which I'm fine with as I could care less about that stuff but still is interesting!!
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I just found out we are living in different times now----the season of "cougars & cradle robbers"!!???

Where are the guys and gals who DATE within their age range??
    Seriously, I can't get a guy my age to save my life!!! I'm 26, so as I get older, guys my age will not want to date me
    I don't like "old balls and loose skin" Big Daddy (adam sandler) and
    I don't babysit either

I swear I can never get hit on by men my age either. They just stare but say nothing..lol..The older ones in their 30s have no problem though.. Maybe the younger ones think they have no chance? My sister says I look intimidating.
  • tourettte
    tourettte Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that guys 25-36 are immature beyond repair.