ground turkey recipes

Options

Replies

• sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I made some low-carb Sheppard's Pie using seasoned ground turkey instead of beef (and cauliflower for potatoes) was very good - it disappeared fast.

• 1 lb Seasoned Ground Turkey
    • 1 c onion, chopped
    • 1 med garlic clove
    • 1 tbsp Coconut Oil (can be substituted with Olive Oil)
    • 1.5 c sliced mushrooms
    • 3oz shredded carrots, broken up
    • 2/3 c Shredded Cheese (any type will work)
    • 1 large head of cauliflower {use whole head instead of instant}
    • 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
    • salt, pepper, basil, oregano to taste

Preheat oven to 375.

1) Chop up your cauliflower - doesn't have to be fine. Place in microwave safe bowl and cover. Microwave 8-10 min (1000 watt). Afterwards, place in a the cooked cauliflower in a blender or food processor and reduce to mush.
    2) Place cooked cauliflower in large bowl with 1/3c of the shredded cheese and a pinch of salt. Mix well and set aside.
    3) To a skillet, add the coconut oil, onion and garlic. Cook till onion becomes transparent. Remove from pan and add seasoned ground turkey.
    4) Cook turkey till mostly browned, (draining any extra fat if you wish), add the onion & garlic mix back in. Add mushrooms, carrots, Worcestershire Sauce and spices. Finish cooking turkey through.
    5) In a baking pan (12" x 12" glass) pour the turkey mixture. Cover with the mashed potatoes/cauliflower mix, making sure to cover all the meat mix.
    6) Place in oven and cook for 30 min. Remove from oven and sprinkle the other 1/3c of shredded cheese on top and return to the oven for no more than 5 mins. The cheese needs to melt but shouldn't start to blacken.
    7) Remove from oven and let rest 5-10 mins.

It has about 386 cal per serving and 17 NET carbs.
  • wheezybreezy
    wheezybreezy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I can't find my recipe, but we make a sweet potatoe turkey meatloaf. We use barbecue sauce instead of the other tomato based sauce that usually goes into meatloaf. Oh em gee!
  • driab106
    driab106 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Great ideas bump for later
  • WhiteCloud9
    WhiteCloud9 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Bump for ideas!

I know this isn't the healthiest meal but I made Zatarain's Dirty Rice with ground turkey. Both my husband and I thought it tasted better with turkey than beef!
  • marylouise123
    marylouise123 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I love Ground turkey & have been using it for years... But I just found some new recipes on here.. Thanks everyone for sharing... I use it in goulash, spaghetti, chili & even my corn chowder soup.. I also love to season it & make it into burgers & put a half a wedge of my weight watchers cheese in the middle & bake them... They come out nice & juicy....
  • lousleggs
    Options
    Just joined this site...was looking for a good chili recipe that had "turkey" in it. Thanks for sharing...will try this weekend.
  • MrsSexton2013
    MrsSexton2013 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I was just messing around one night and threw some sweet chili sauce (like for dipping spring rolls) onto the ground turkey while it was browning, because I didn't know what I wanted to make but I needed to cook it before it expired. It was really freaking tasty in a bowl just like that. I imagine it would be great with some broccoli and spring onions.
  • JSheehy1965
    Options
    skipresimont had a great recipe for ground beef, but I use ground turkey or chicken.
    1lb ground turkey or chicken or beef
    2 tspn worcester sauce
    1/2 smail onion
    dried oregano
    2 cloveds minced garlic
    1/2 cup of reduced fat feta cheese.

Mix together and make 4 quarter pounders and cook. They are yummo! I think you can find the actual recipe he posted if you search "garlic feta burgers". I make them at least once a week. My husband loves them!
  • wanniet
    wanniet Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    bumping..
  • rvagnoni
    rvagnoni Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    bump
  • princess4mimi
    Options
    BUMP!!!
  • 4real2012
    4real2012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Turkey Curry Meatballs

I found this on lifesambrosia.com I omitted the step to brown in olive oil, instead I baked in the oven for 25 minutes. Very delicious.

You will need:
    •1 pound ground turkey
    •1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped fine
    •1 1/2 teaspoons madras curry powder
    •1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
    •1 teaspoon kosher salt
    •1 egg beaten
    •1/3 cup dried plain bread crumbs
    •2 tablespoons olive oil
    1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    2.Combine turkey, onion, curry powder, cumin, kosher salt, egg and bread crumbs in a bowl. Use hands to mix until well combined. Roll into approximately 20 meatballs.
    3.Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium – high heat. Cook meatballs in batches until browned on all sides. Transfer to a baking dish. Bake meatballs for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
  • sarahvan17
    sarahvan17 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Put in food processor with diced apple, fresh sage, salt & pepper and make delicious (and healthy) turkey burgers
  • _Mimi_
    _Mimi_ Posts: 233
    Options
    This Turkey Quinoa meatloaf is AMAZING! Just a little hint of heat from the hot sauce (I use Sriracha) http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Turkey-and-Quinoa-Meatloaf/
  • Bump.
  • Ground turkey chili recipe? Anyone?
  • abaka123
    abaka123 Posts: 48
    Options
    bump:flowerforyou:
  • high5girl
    high5girl Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/07/bacon-topped-petite-turkey-meatloaf.html

Made these last night and they were amazing! Such great flaovr :)