Expressions you hate..

Options

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    When people say butthurt. WTH is that? It sounds so crass and unclassy and I can't believe that people over the age of 30 say that (even people in their 20's, but I just chalk that up to an extreme immaturity). It's something a little kid would say. Is that about making fun of people (or kids) that have been anally raped (because that is not a joke)? Is this the new titty baby phrase. I hate that one too (my mom and her friend used to say that all the time), but at least that one does not make me think of horribly traumatic anal rape and torture (it just makes me think of narcissism and people that are cold and distant).
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I was once on a bus in London, sitting in front of two teenage girls, who used the word "like" every three words (I counted).
    After about like five minutes I like wanted to like strangle them.
  • April0010
    April0010 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kap10
    Kap10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    With all due respect, which I hate most when I am using it, because I know I have absolutely no respecdt for that person.

Also, had the displeasure of working for a woman who ended every sentence with "You know, what I mean?"
  • eddysuchydvm
    eddysuchydvm Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    "Twelve, one half-dozen or the other" and "pot calling the kettle black" both irritate the snot out of me.

It's "six of one, half dozen of the other" but yes, I seriously DESPISE that one!!!!
  • Leeanne1974
    Leeanne1974 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Anything on facebook concerning someone's dinner and they put "nom nom" after it, irritates the crap out of me... As does when a person writes something really catty on facebook or on here and they put #justsaying after it...
    This is MFP or Facebook. NOT twitter....
    arrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • greenbox06
    greenbox06 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    It's more of a word... "irregardless". My ex said it ALL the time thinking he was so smart and funny. It drove me insane and I hated it. I still hate it when anyone says it!

I agree this one drives me insane almost as bad as anyways It's just anyway
  • BrittanyErica
    BrittanyErica Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    "it was meant to happen"
    "he/she is in a better place now"
    "god has other plans"
    "it was god's time for him/her"
    "god meant for it to happen"

god this.. god that.. anything relating to god really..
    like.. no. just no.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    "it was meant to happen"
    "he/she is in a better place now"
    "god has other plans"
    "it was god's time for him/her"
    "god meant for it to happen"

god this.. god that.. anything relating to god really..
    like.. no. just no.

I agree with you
  • barmum
    barmum Posts: 73
    Options
    'Thinking outside the box' ...no, lets stay in the box , it's nice and warm and safe in the box !! I like my box and how dare you try and make me leave it ..
    'stiff upper lip' and 'worse things happen at sea' are amongst the list of platitudes that make me borderline homicidal , if someone genuinely wants to make my day/mood better then genuine offers of help and a non-judgmental listening ear is whats needed not a presumption based on an era when being press ganged meant a short painful future where cannon balls and maggots would feature heavily ..
  • Wingwoman21
    Options
    Not really an expression, but anyone who talks in cutesy/baby voice when they aren't actually talking to babies lol.
    Also, adults using child-talk when talking to other adults. Bleh :sick:
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Supposably.

I had a boss who hand wrote an additional note on a fax - so no spell check - and she literally wrote SUPPOSABLY. And she was my friggin' boss - I had to work for this ninny.

In fact, I can make a blanket statement that misuse of the English language drives me batsh*t. Sadly, it has become acceptable now to include words in the dictionary as real honest-to-God words through sheer common usage. Shoot me now.

Non-speech related: when did it become acceptable to hit your brakes (not tap - I mean HIT your brakes) going through a GREEN light??? Come ON!

Oh lordy - I gotta go or I'll be here all night....
  • leslielrd12
    leslielrd12 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    YOLO - I can't stand it. As Jack Black said "it's Carpe Diem for stupid people"
  • barmum
    barmum Posts: 73
    Options
    Not really an expression, but anyone who talks in cutesy/baby voice when they aren't actually talking to babies lol.
    Also, adults using child-talk when talking to other adults. Bleh :sick:

Arrrgggh , know several women who do this when trying to get men to do something for them , makes my palms itch just thinking about it ..to be honest I tend to hate it when people do it to children, older people and people with disabilities, conversations should be age and understanding appropriate (sorry social work student ..)
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    "Same difference"

"At the end of the day"

So damn annoying.
  • Heatherbell14
    Options
    Anything referring to Monday...ON Monday...(early morning is ESPECIALLY annoying) A bad day at work is just a bad day at work. Dont "chaulk it up to just a case of the Monday's" UUUUGGGH, SO annoying!! On Monday..at work..the last thing I want to hear about is MONDAY, or whatever stupid little mishaps you can blame it on. I just want to get through it as fast as possible so I can see Friday on the horizon (aaahh, hello my friend Friday, where have u been??!!) :sad:
  • ItsDawnMarie
    ItsDawnMarie Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    swag... makes me want to throw up, enough already.

And... It is what it is, instantly pisses me off!
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    "OK, but just the tip."
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    "At the end of the day..."

Only heard from Jeremy Kyle degenerates.
  • mfpseven
    mfpseven Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    "OK, but just the tip."

lol I immediately thought of Archer