Healthiest fast food alternatives?

Options
Out of curiosity, when you guys splurge (or find your back against the wall at a fast food restaurant) what are some healthy choices you make? Because let's just be honest... It happens to everyone.
I need some ideas!

Thanks guys! (:

p.s. I consider Starbucks to be "fast food".

Replies

• ppatricia81
    ppatricia81 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i pretty much come to mfp app and try to see the calories on some foods to see the calories on an item and try to see how many calories i can use up. like for mc donalds i love there chicken sandwiches, now ill probably get the chicken salad.
  • blinkiii
    blinkiii Posts: 90
    Options
    i pretty much come to mfp app and try to see the calories on some foods to see the calories on an item and try to see how many calories i can use up. like for mc donalds i love there chicken sandwiches, now ill probably get the chicken salad.

Oh that's a good idea! I forgot that they have an app for this now.
    I've never tried their chicken salads! I'll have to check that out!
  • itsrebec
    itsrebec Posts: 38
    Options
    Chipotle is a good one. You can mix and match the healthy stuff... and it's packed full of flavor.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    veggie burgers instead of regular burgers (I always eat veggie anyway) ... veggie burgers are lower calorie. not "good" for you ... but lower cal!
  • smhammons
    smhammons Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    KFC Grilled Chicken meal 2 pc Breast and Wing with Grean Beans and Mashed Potatoes is only 445 yummy calories but it is full of sodium. And I usually do not eat the 180 calorie biscuit that come with it not me.:glasses:
  • israelichick
    Options
    sometimes salads aren't feeling so i look for soup or chillii if i go to wendy's. Panera is healthy and a fast food so that is always a good place to go. if you have to go to burger king or mcdy's just get grilled chicken and eat the chicken lettecus tomatoe but not the bun and get a salad instead of french fries. Hope that helps. Good luck
  • blinkiii
    Options
    Chipotle is a good one. You can mix and match the healthy stuff... and it's packed full of flavor.

I love Chipotle, which is the problem. As soon as the scent hits my nose I'll ask for every god-awful ingredient until I've got myself a hefty 1000 calorie burrito :P
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Quarter pounder with no cheese and milk.
  • ppatricia81
    ppatricia81 Posts: 23 Member
    Options

yeah that place is goood, i think i might try there bowls instead of a burrito for less calories. (im avoiding fast food places right nowLOL)
  • ScottCadi
    Options
    I'm on a low carb/high protein diet (doctor directed).....

I go with the McD and BK wraps... they are about 280 to 300 cal, and if you get them w/out sauce, they are even less.

Checking the food tab on MFP is a good idea. I also found that Taco Bell tacos are a pretty decent thing too A couple will keep you w/in a decent cal/carb/protein range for most any diet.

Good luck! I'll be looking back to this question for ideas as well!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell crunchy tacos, or Wendy's chili and baked potato. Careful with fast food salads - some of them have more calories than a burger.

But your question says what healthy choices do you get when you splurge... I don't make healthy choices when I splurge, that's the point.
  • Anastasiasosa
    Anastasiasosa Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I usually try to map out what I'm gonna eat at restaurants so I don't make any "bad" decisions. Usually that means a kid's meal if I don't want or have the option of a salad.
  • cvitez1
    cvitez1 Posts: 39
    Options
    Taco bell has their Fresca menu, which are all healthier choices. And to be honest, I like the Fresco chicken soft taco better than most things on their menu. Wendy's chili is also a good option, with a plain baked potato (add some ketchup). And of course there is always subway.
  • shellroyal
    Options
    if my kids want Mcdonalds I often get hamburger happy meal with apples and diet coke ...small portions and around 400 calories
  • Lee716
    Lee716 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Chick fil A has some pretty healthy options. I usually get the chicken sandwich on whole wheat bread, fruit cup as a side and bottled water to drink. Roughly about 435 calories. Also their 8 piece nuggets are only 260 calories and taste like real chicken. Better than Mcdonalds or Burger King any day.

FYI did you know if you order regular white bread, that it gets buttered? Really? Like extra 30 calories and 3 grams of fat for no reason. Smh
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    Taco bell has their Fresca menu, which are all healthier choices. And to be honest, I like the Fresco chicken soft taco better than most things on their menu. Wendy's chili is also a good option, with a plain baked potato (add some ketchup). And of course there is always subway.
    You put ketchup on a baked potato?
  • blinkiii
    Options
    I'm on a low carb/high protein diet (doctor directed).....

I go with the McD and BK wraps... they are about 280 to 300 cal, and if you get them w/out sauce, they are even less.

Checking the food tab on MFP is a good idea. I also found that Taco Bell tacos are a pretty decent thing too A couple will keep you w/in a decent cal/carb/protein range for most any diet.

Good luck! I'll be looking back to this question for ideas as well!

So after reading your comment, I checked out the taco bell menu and you're right! There are a lot of "decent" items on there! (:

The only problem that I have with the wraps are that they never fill me up!! It's like, after a half an hour I'm starving and want more food.
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    Chick fil A has some pretty healthy options. I usually get the chicken sandwich on whole wheat bread, fruit cup as a side and bottled water to drink. Roughly about 435 calories. Also their 8 piece nuggets are only 260 calories and taste like real chicken. Better than Mcdonalds or Burger King any day.

FYI did you know if you order regular white bread, that it gets buttered? Really? Like extra 30 calories and 3 grams of fat for no reason. Smh
    Uh yeah that's why it tastes good.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i go with anything grilled chicken and a side salad since that's available and any burger joint.

subway 6"

food truck tacos - i usually go with fish tacos since its just cod and pico de gallo. taco bell also has a fresca menu that's pretty fresh
  • rrrainiii
    rrrainiii Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm all about the Taco Bell Fresco Menu - relatively low calorie and super tasty. :) (The nutritional info is on the T-Bell website)

Not the greatest, obviously, but if I'm on the go and I'm hungry...it definitely works for me. Yum.

You could always eat sandwiches without the bun/sauce or cut your portions in half. You know, typical "diet" advice. I actually use it now, though. :D