which do you prefer..... exercising alone or with a partner?

Options

Replies

• neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Alone.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I'd rather be by myself, but if my husband wants to go for a walk, that's cool. When I'm alone, I'm thinking about stuff and in my own world (I do pay attention to traffic and that), so it pisses me off for someone to want to just talk to me.
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    I prefer to work out alone but if there is someone who is interested in exercising with me, then let's go. If he's serious, he'll do his best to keep up and continue with it. If not, then you're on your own again.
  • AmIhealthyyet
    AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Alone!!! But compare notes with friends and accountable to them, as they are to me, regarding the work outs!
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    alone, for sure...I like it as me / thinking time. I do love going to the gym with friends and us kind of near eachother but doing our own thing.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Alone! We always end up arguing
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Alone so I can concentrate and listen to music. Although I do enjoy taking a nice long bike ride with a partner, but I'd still rather do that alone.
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Either alone or in a class. With a partner we talk too much :)
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I work out alone.
    I am too competitive to be allowed exercising with someone else - i'd end up doing something stupid like running way too fast for my level. besides, this way i can just drop everything and go for a run whenever i feel like it. no appointments or social obligations :happy:
    going to the gym at the same time as a friend is nice, but i need to do my own thing.
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I'm a mother of four and I have a part-time job, when I work out it is ME time an so I love being by myself especially for cardio. Before I had children however, I always had workout partners and it was great, I think eveyone is different. Maybe just workout once a week with him.
  • ars1300
    ars1300 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I like a little of both. Having a partner can be good for motivating each other. I can get some really good workouts in working out with some of the guys are the gym. But I also can get the same effect from some good motivating music on the ipod and focus by myself.
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I love working out with a partner, but only if they are focused. I absolutely HATE working out with someone to where I get done with a set, they get in position to start a set, and then proceed to chat for five minutes. It's like, quit procrastinating, I don't mind talk but I came here to work out!
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I think groups make me work harder, I don't want to look like I don't put 100% in.
  • ebsshassan
    ebsshassan Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    ladies and gentle men.....i think we have a winner
    ALONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smokin:
  • bacamacho
    bacamacho Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I love training with people who are at my fitness level. My BFF and I used to go to the gym together 2-3x a week. So much fun! She's too busy now, sadly. :frown:
  • Brakalack
    Brakalack Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Really depends what im working out that day and who the other person is.

sually if i am doing cardio i like to work out with other people. But i guess its kinda like when you like go to the movies with other people, even if you dont talk to them during the movie u prefer other people there rather than going alone.

If it is strength training and i am super motivated, i would rather go by myself and do my own workout, unless it is a workout partner i have been working out with alot and we are on the same routine that day.
  • El_guapo22
    El_guapo22 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I like to have a partner on some days simply to push myself. If I'm with someone who goes hard it makes me compete. But either way if my partner can't make it I'll just push myself.
  • seximami79
    seximami79 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Depends on who, what, when, where, etc...

It is nice to just be in your own head and listen to music or work things out.

Sometimes a partner can push you harder.

Sometimes it's nice to pay it forward and help support someone else and show them the ropes.

It's also nice to have someone to vent to, and some places aren't as safe by yourself.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I like to work out alone- I time my workout by the sets and how many excercises I do, my husband on the other hand has his exact 1 hour, no matter what...it annoys me lol:grumble: :explode: :laugh:
  • saramariebabyy
    Options
    i like to go to the gym with someone - i have one friend that i like to go with particularly. she's just as motivated as i am. i run alone. i would feel bad leaving someone behind.