what does your baby drink?

Options

Replies

• Shayzeepoo
    Shayzeepoo Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My first was nursed till he was 17 months, he only got water or boob juice. He is three now and gets water or milk.. Very rarely as a treat watered down juice

My second was nursed till he was 4 months, after that formula till 6 months, then some water on hot days.. He is 14 months now and only gets milk or water. Has never had juice.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    My baby prefers Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum.

He is; however, 26.
  • Shayzeepoo
    Shayzeepoo Posts: 178 Member
    Options

He is; however, 26.

Love!!!!
  • hippietofugirl
    Options

He is; however, 26.

LOL
  • MOOtoMILF
    MOOtoMILF Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My twins are breastfed, and drink water and coconut milk too because of a cow's milk allergy. Before age one, breastmilk or formula and water are sufficient. Juice is just sugar really.
  • MOOtoMILF
    MOOtoMILF Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Also, the coconut milk has higher fat content than other supplement milks like almond or soy for what it's worth, and coconut is not a nut so it's not a nut allergy issue usually.
  • yogamom16
    yogamom16 Posts: 114
    Options
    At 9 months, just boob and a little water.
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    DS is 18 months now, but at 9 months, he only drank formula. I'd offer water to him, but he would just get mad that it wasn't formula and throw it at me.
  • Babymomakell
    Babymomakell Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I believe that babies should be drinking breastmilk (formula) and water only until age 1. (Someone mentioned the prune juice for constipation and we had to do this too, lol)

Are you veg/vegan? If you are trying to raise your baby this way, realize that formula has lots of animal products in it, and unless you buy specialty formula, your baby has already been introduced to cow products.
  • JBearsMom21
    JBearsMom21 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My son is one and he drinks pretty much everything. He has lot's of water, watered down apple or fruit juice, fresh homemade almond or cashew milk as well as coconut and soy(He loves them all!). ( We try to stay away from cow's milk) As long as your child does not have a reaction to it, it's fine. Maybe introduce a little bit of the nut milk's (one at a time) and see how he does? Watch him for a couple of day's before you try to introduce another one.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    at 9 months mine both had tah-tah, water, watered down juice, pedia light, formula, pediasure oh and more tah-tah in that order:drinker:
  • sacorner
    sacorner Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all the comments but don't know what type of feedback you've gotten...but I started my 10 month old on homogenized milk with no issues. My son was eat a very healthy weight and I was done breast feeding. My doctor said there was no point in switching to formula just to switch again in a couple months.

Also we were worried about a nut allergy because there is one in the family. The doctor and telehealth both said if neither parent had one, chances are baby won't either. Obviously not 100% but do what you are comfortable with. It's a learning curve for all of us and you know what's best for your little one :)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options

He is; however, 26.

For the win!
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    My daughter (2) is on lactose free milk, I tried almond and soy she didnt care for it but cant have cow's milk.

She now has diluted apple juice (equal parts to water) and she did have it prior to being one year because of constipation.

She still only drinks 4 ounces at a time because thats all her stomach can handle. She will drink water from a cup but only if its really cold.
  • maspicantexfa
    maspicantexfa Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    We started giving both of my kids water at about 7 months. My daughter (now 4) LOVES water. She will not drink juice unless it's a novelty thing at a restaurant now and then. When we're at home, she only ever asks for water. I think the aversion to juice came early when I gave her some prune juice for constipation, lol
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Trying hard to stay away from cows milk though...
    Cows milk is better to wait until 12 months

Sorry I mistyped, I meant I don't want to introduce cows milk at all. Thanks for the tip on the water, I guess I'll start making his formula thinner slowly? He's drinking out of his cup so I don't feel too bad giving him juice, and I juice vegetables and fruit myself. It is a good treat :)

Please don't thin out his formula without talking to his pediatrician first.

It's okay, I always ask, just getting opinions :) everyone does things a little differently

Watering down his formula will cut down on his protein and fat intake as there's not much in veg and fruits so good to hear you're going to talk to his doctor first.
  • Arianaml
    Options
    I think it's great you're juicing your own juice and staying away from cows milk! There are more and more findings that cows milk is a bad way to go....I regret giving my son regular formula when he was a baby but back then I didn't know. Have you tried doing a fruit & veggie blend with your juicer, and maybe rice milk until you could switch to almond?
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    im told that the reason you should give them whole cows milk is because of the higher fat content that they need for their developing brains. but i dont know if the other "milks" your planing on useing have a higher or lower fat content:drinker:

edited to add
    after 1 year old of course
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I think it's great you're juicing your own juice and staying away from cows milk! There are more and more findings that cows milk is a bad way to go....I regret giving my son regular formula when he was a baby but back then I didn't know. Have you tried doing a fruit & veggie blend with your juicer, and maybe rice milk until you could switch to almond?
    Just be aware that most rice milk is low on protein and calcium and fat compared to cows' milk. I think almond milk is also low on protein. All these nutrients are important to your baby's health and growth.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    my friends child had nothing but sky juice (water) until she went to school (after she was weaned at a year)

shes like.. maybe 20 now.. and still prefers water to juice or soda.