What is Your Weigh in Day?

Options
2»

Replies

• 0kwingnut
    Options
    I weigh every day but mine is an unusual case. I'm eating 1200 calories a day, or under 30 Weight-Watcher points. Therefore my body thinks my throat has been cut and is in Survival Mode. For example, I weighed 239 pounds for two straight weeks! Talk about a BUMMER!!! Starving with no results! Just within the last few days has my weight started to drop off again. If my goal is 155 pounds, I have a long way to go, but I'm sticking to 1200 calories a day until I hit a marginally acceptable 220 pounds. Then I'l increase my daily allowance to 1500 calories/36 Weight-Watcher's points. I can do it.
  • dpo74
    dpo74 Posts: 2
    Options
    On a digital scale accurate to 0.2 lbs., every morning at the same time with the same conditions ie clothing, bathroom, shower etc. I can correlate a decimal change directly to the previous days' intake. For example, Tuesday is wing and beer night so I expect to be up 0.2 or 0.4 on Wednesday morning by going over 300 calories the day before. Friday morning is usually my lowest weight and as I am only maintaining weight as opposed to losing any more weight, my weekend will take me to a 1.5 to 2.0 lb. gain by Monday morning. This will be reduced again by Friday by staying within the 1,700 calorie guideline. I work in an office and don't do anything overly physical but this has been steady for about 6 months and feels sustainable.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Saturday morning after my shower etc. My boyfriend hides my scale and that's when he lets me look :P I do not want to focus too much on the numbers and with the scale being in easy reach I was always tempted to step on it so he offered to help me out by moving it.
  • mbaugham
    mbaugham Posts: 70
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your input, greatly appreciate it. After thinking about what I would prefer to do and then looking at my calendar and seeing how I basically have a lot going on from now until the end of the year on the weekends, that it would be better for me to switch my weigh in day. My new day is on Friday mornings!
  • rukcus
    rukcus Posts: 58
    Options
    Um, every day, several times a day?

My scale is right there in my bathroom, I see it every time I walk in, and I'm a curious person. I like to explore how the number on it responds to different things that I do or that happen to me and that knowledge stops me from getting immediately upset and throwing in the towel when the number does go up.

Same here i weigh myself in the morning and in the night it helps me understand my "water weight". I only record the lowest number when I hit it and wait until i break that again to update my weight.
  • brutalbaby
    brutalbaby Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I always do mine Friday, due to worrying about the weekend lol. I use to do it Mondays, and some times I felt it was a bad idea after being the next day after the weekend.
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I weight in Saturdays mornings, for the pathetic reason that if I'm really upset by the number at least I don't have a day of work ahead of me.
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Monday so I have to push hard through the weekend. That's always the toughest for me.
  • SyStEmPhReAk
    SyStEmPhReAk Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh in on Tuesday mornings, but since I've incorporated Saturdays as my cheat days, I now do it Saturday morning right after I get up and do a little tinkle...
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I weigh... Eventually...? I try not to focus on the scale and tend to weigh about 3 times per month.
  • jbootman
    jbootman Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Curves weighs and measures me once a month

At home I am currently weighing myself almost hourly. I am currently just interested in how much the scale fluxuates(sp) during the day. I have a good digital scale and yet I can weigh a difference on a whole pound in one hour, and without any bathroom trips or wardrobe changes, wierd.

Weight changes sometimes 5 pounds throughout the day, up and down.

I am 65 years old, post menopausal so no hormone cycling, VERY careful with sodium, weigh myself same clothes.
  • amateurdude
    amateurdude Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Every morning, Friday mornings I'll whip out the tape measure.
  • ssbarfarkle
    ssbarfarkle Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning but my official day to log it on MFP is Fridays. Figure if I overdo it on the weekend I have all week to make amends.
    I've been reading some people do Wednesdays & I am entertaining that idea...
  • bbchickpea
    bbchickpea Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Monday mornings-picked that day so I don't screw up on the weekend! It keeps me in line.

Similar to me, I weigh on Sunday mornings. It stops me over indulging at the weekend knowing i'll be weighing in.

Often told i'm mad cause weekends are the worst time, but that's the point : ) I don't want to spend the whole next week working off 'weekend calories'