30 Day shred lvl1

Options
2»

Replies

• mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Very nicely done! Keep at it, you'll get results!

have you done it? be nice to hear from people that have done it x

Yes, I did it from April-May. I blogged about it. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/mariposa224 There are pictures in there from 30DS, plus Ripped in 30 & comparison photos showing how much change I saw in the progression. :smile:
  • mariposa224
    Options
    I did day 1 of the shred last night...it definitely made me rethink my life choices, like buying 3lb dumbells instead of 2 ha ha! I can feel it in my legs mostly...I wish there was more of an ab section! Guess I'll just have to do another few sets on my own :)

Don't worry. Check out my results. (They're in my blog http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/mariposa224 ) Many people see DRAMATIC changes in their belly/abs.
  • mariposa224
    Options
    I just did day 2 of level 1 and the tops of my thighs are shaking! I woke up this morning and didn't know if I should wait a day to let my legs to feel better, but I pushed through it! I don't have a heart-rate monitor so I was wondering what are people searching for when they log it? Thanks!

Without an HRM, most people tend to log it as Circuit Training, general.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I just did day 2 of level 1 and the tops of my thighs are shaking! I woke up this morning and didn't know if I should wait a day to let my legs to feel better, but I pushed through it! I don't have a heart-rate monitor so I was wondering what are people searching for when they log it? Thanks!
    The days I wake up and my thighs feel like crap, I always push through it and do 30DS anyways. Afterwards, they're still sore, but they feel much better. I'm now to the point where they're not sore at all anymore, before, or after.
  • mrsmol37
    mrsmol37 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Tonight I will be doing day 8 of level one! I love it! It kicks my butt. I am looking forward to Level 2. I can't believe I have kept at it this long:)
  • jmhurley87
    Options
    went to bed a bit achy, woken up and my legs and lower back kill lol ( more legs) i actually had to get daughter to bum shuffle down stairs instead of our normal cuddle as i could just about walk down stairs lol. Im going to push through it and do day 2 late morning after so light stretching
  • Hermia76
    Hermia76 Posts: 34
    Options
    I have just completed Day 4 of Level 1 and planning to have tomorrow (Saturday) as my "day off". Getting up at 6.30 am to do this is tough (I am not a morning person) but I have and am so pleased with myself.

The workout is tough if you're not used to exercising (me) but is do-able. Eventhough I ached the second day, I pushed through. I thought 4 days would not be enough to notice any changes but I can feel that my stomach is a bit flatter.

Doing something like this feels uplifting (as well as knackering!) and helps you make better choices (eating/lifestyle etc). It sets me up for the day.

I am not doing anything else exercise-wise (a bit of walking maybe) and am trying to stay within my MFP calorie goal. So let's see if I can stick to it. Looking forward to seeing results.

If you are reading this and unsure whether or not to do it.....get on with it...now. You'll thank yourself.
  • millyvanilli321
    millyvanilli321 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of level 2 now, I only did 9 days of level 1 because i thought it was time to step it up a gear and DEAR GOD it is stepped up!! level 2 is definitely harder, and it's working different areas which you can really feel. I'm still struggling with push-ups, but hoping I'll improve the longer I'm at it.

Haven't dropped a pound (yet) but thighs and hips are seeing a few cms drop off, which to me makes it worth it :)
  • Novezero
    Novezero Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just done day 4, level 1. Started last weekend but I only do it on the days when I don't have lots of other exercise going on. I can still only do about 10 push ups, and I completely fail at the jump rope part (my knees are not so great) and just sort of bounce about or march through that part.
  • jmhurley87
    Options
    I find if you track it on here as curcuits it comes up as low calorie. came up as 180 for me but with hrm its between 376-400
  • mariposa224
    Options
    I find if you track it on here as curcuits it comes up as low calorie. came up as 180 for me but with hrm its between 376-400

Honestly, that's why you should get a good HRM. lol I found that the circuit training numbers were *close* to what I got once I bought an HRM, but that obviously isn't the case for everyone. I know they're somewhat expensive, but for me it was worth it having a more accurate measurement.
  • mariposa224
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of level 2 now, I only did 9 days of level 1 because i thought it was time to step it up a gear and DEAR GOD it is stepped up!! level 2 is definitely harder, and it's working different areas which you can really feel. I'm still struggling with push-ups, but hoping I'll improve the longer I'm at it.

Haven't dropped a pound (yet) but thighs and hips are seeing a few cms drop off, which to me makes it worth it :)

When I finished level 1 (I did it for 8 days, then 11 each of 2 & 3), I could just BARELY do 10 standard push ups and thought I would surely DIE!. I followed 30DS with Ripped in 30, am now doing Kickbox FastFix (more Jillian) and there's one circuit where I have to do speed pushups. That means do as many as you can, as fast as you can for a 30 second interval. I can do as many as 25 on the first set and 18 on the second set. I NEVER thought I would get there. Keep at it, you'll get there too! :flowerforyou: