for guys: I need your help!

Options
2»

Replies

• saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight without MFP, and without exercise, but not without some education and committing to dietary changes permanently.

I lost almost all the weight without using MFP. All I did was focus on my macros - I ate a lot MORE protein, LESS carbs, and moderate fat - and the carbs I ate were mostly fruit/vegetables. That happened to put me into a caloric deficit, because I felt a lot more satisfied.

Honestly, if he need hand-holding on what specific foods to eat, and not smart enough to eyeball the proportions of fat/carbs/protein in ANY food he is presented with, then this method will fail. I have always been very aware of the carb counts in most foods since my son has Type 1 diabetes, so this was easy for me.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    It does sound like he's lazy and I don't like his approach (food avoidance).

But, he COULD still be successful, it's just that he's doing a whole lot of guessing.

Ultimately, he needs to reduce his calorie intake below maintenance levels and he should probably do some exercise. If he does these things he will make progress regardless of whether or not he's tracking things. It's just that it's much more difficult to be even remotely close to the proper food intake when you don't track.

I'd read what msf posted above and basically go with that for the most part.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    - Porridge

I thought only bears ate that....

Not if little blond chicks get to it first.

Only if it's just right. Not if it's too hot or cold of course.

Baby and Mama kind of got the shaft on that deal. Papa's was too hot, Mama's was too cold and Baby's was just right. Papa said "EFF IT! We're going for a walk so mine can cool down"

My theory is they said "who wants to eat porridge anyway? Let's go gank some pik-a-nik baskets!"
  • earlyxer
    earlyxer Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Okay, no snarky answer:

At the simplest level, a diet to get ripped is a high protein diet. You may be expecting to hear the tried and true 1 gram per pound rule. That covers you in almost every scenario. But to get ripped like a bodybuilder or fitness model, go higher. People can debate the necessity of this on weight loss forums until they're blue in the face, but here’s a fact: bodybuilders and physique athletes use very high protein intakes on pre contest cutting diets. Typically it’s 1.25 to 1.5 grams per pound of bodyweight. Some go even higher.

Since a diet to get ripped is a high protein diet and a hypocaloric diet, you must become familiar with the staple proteins in the bodybuilding and physique athlete repertoire. Although you’re not limited to these proteins and plant based protein counts too, these are the complete proteins most frequently used by the most ripped people in the world:
    Chicken breast, turkey breast, fish, shellfish, lean red meat (example: top round), lean game meats (examples: venison, bison, ostrich, etc), egg whites and whole eggs. Many bodybuilders go with the leanest proteins possible (egg whites, chicken breast and white fish), in order to control calories. However fatty fish provides valuable omega 3 fatty acids and whole eggs have valuable nutrients. If you do not include food sources of healthy fats, fish oil is a supplement worth adding.

Load up on green vegetables and other fibrous carbs. Once you’ve chosen your protein for each meal, then add a fibrous carb or vegetable to your meal. Physique athletes sort carbohydrates into different categories than traditional nutritionists. Two of the
    primary categories are starchy and fibrous carbs. Fibrous carbs include non-starchy vegetables, green vegetables and salad vegetables. Popular examples: broccoli, asparagus, green beans, spinach, cauliflower, red/green peppers, onions, mushrooms, celery, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce and other leafy greens. It’s almost impossible to gain fat eating green eggies and other fibrous carbs because the caloric density is too low. A diet that consists primarily of lean protein and fibrous carbs is the foundation of all serious fat loss diets. Read that again and remember it – because lean protein + fibrous carbs is the world’s most nobrainer diet to get ripped.

That ought to do it.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    thank you all!!
    also he can't cook so i will tell our mom to make him lean meats and veggies! (i can't do that for him as i'm studying abroad and my mom's cooking is....well, fattening)
    let's hope he will stay on this diet.
  • StevenV84
    Options
    No, little blonde girls named Goldilocks eat porridge too.