Am I eatting to much salad?

Options
So I eat salad once every day (at lunch) I have been doing this since tuesday :D Today I went to the bathroom and yikes you think I died or something. And I am sure it was from eating salads. You think I should stop or will my body get used to it?

Replies

• FireBrand80
    FireBrand80 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    c. learn to enjoy it
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    salads are bad, very bad.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Eating a salad every day won't hurt you. But if you've suddenly increased your raw veggie and/or fiber intake, it can take your gut time to adjust. It should get better.
  • Starlight_Shine
    Options
    May I ask why you say it's bad
  • Starlight_Shine
    Options
    Eating a salad every day won't hurt you. But if you've suddenly increased your raw veggie and/or fiber intake, it can take your gut time to adjust. It should get better.
    That's what I thought! Thanks!
  • ActiveYogi
    ActiveYogi Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Salads are great, just not everyday. I used to eat salads all the time and I now developed a fructose intolerance which basically means I can't have processed foods, added sugar or too many fruit and raw veggies. So maybe try cooked salad? I like to just roast a bunch of veggies, put a light balsamic herb sort of dressing on top and add whatever protein. Try to mix it up! :)
  • SelkieDiver
    SelkieDiver Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    your body will adjust. Keep eating your salad - its good for you!
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I can eat salads everyday and be fine...but...my younger sister and mother swear they give birth to death hours after eating one.....:tongue:
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I have some kind of similar disease. EVERYTHING I eat turns to CRAP. WTF>
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    sometimes i eat 3 salads a day.

but i eat low carb and that lessens the bathroom smells.
  • trishgrace
    trishgrace Posts: 285
    Options
    I love salads. I have been eating them at least 3 times a week for the last 6 months. Sometimes I add chicken, sometimes it is ham. I love for it to have eggs, peppers, tomatoes, carrots and occasionally sunflower kernels.
  • corinneselene
    corinneselene Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    salads are fine to eat every single day. if you tell me you are eating fried chicken and super fatty dressings than dismiss my first sentence. try to experiment with different add ins.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    You'll get used to it. But if you're not used to eating much fibre - expect to poo more. It's a healthy sign that your guts are working as they are supposed to.
  • pegasus925
    pegasus925 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I eat salad twice a day. I just hit 70lbs weight loss
  • jonchew
    jonchew Posts: 239 Member
    Options

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • katicasi82
    katicasi82 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have some kind of similar disease. EVERYTHING I eat turns to CRAP. WTF>

HAAHHA

You'll get over that, it's just the fibre cleaning your pipes!
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Don't stop, you'll be fine. You weren't feeling sick, were you? Make sure your lettuce is very clean.:wink:
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Salads are great, just not everyday. I used to eat salads all the time and I now developed a fructose intolerance which basically means I can't have processed foods, added sugar or too many fruit and raw veggies. So maybe try cooked salad? I like to just roast a bunch of veggies, put a light balsamic herb sort of dressing on top and add whatever protein. Try to mix it up! :)

I think you're a rare case, a lot of health experts recommend a *raw* salad every day. Although I do love roasted veggies with balsamic.

For the OP: As others have said, your body will adjust. That said, if you are eating your salad with non-fat dressing, that might be part of the problem. Fat helps your body process fiber (and absorb nutrients from the veggies in the salad). I love salads with a little lemon juice and hemp seed oil, but a nice olive oil works well for a lot of people. You can also put avocado on your salad, as it is high in fat. You do not need a lot, but a little fat on a salad will go a long way.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    enjoy the poop .........
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I eat salads every day for lunch........have for a year.

They will not hurt you - your body likes that fiber & vitamin surge. Give it time.......and keep on eating those salads.

Go sparing on the dressing ............ and add some protein like chicken, egg, tuna, etc.

There are a lot of salad threads on MFP - you can get some great ideas by looking around at them!