Your HRM.

Options
2»

Replies

• netsirk12
    netsirk12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Polar is best. It needs to have a chest strap or it is not accurate!!! I have the FT4 and love it!!! only 61 only through HRMUSA.com and that included shipping!!! And its pink <3
  • Apple2jacks
    Options
    What's the difference between the FT7 and FT4? Those seem to be the most popular choices so far.

If you scroll down on this website it has a chart to compare all the Polar ones.

http://www.pedometersusa.com/polar-ft4.html

I have the Polar 4 and love it. I wanted the 7 but didnt want to spend the extra money at the time.
  • Apple2jacks
    Options
    What's the difference between the FT7 and FT4? Those seem to be the most popular choices so far.

If you scroll down on this website it has a chart to compare all the Polar ones.

http://www.pedometersusa.com/polar-ft4.html

I have the Polar 4 and love it. I wanted the 7 but didnt want to spend the extra money at the time.

I lied I have the Polar FT4 (not just the 4)
  • Cherryblosm3
    Cherryblosm3 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4, FT7 and FT60 are the best HRM's you can buy.

They have chest straps(which you need for accuracy) and each tracks calories burned, time spent in each zone, gives you minimum and max heart rate.

I have the FT60
    Wouldnt trade it for anything!!!
    I love how it shows you zones based on your resting heart rate. MEANING you want to stay in zone 2 during your work out to burn fat.. anything higher than that (for me anyways) would burn muscle. Also shows you what percent of your calories burnt are from fat~

LOVE IT
  • Nteeter
    Nteeter Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Timex Ironman Road Trainer w/strap. 109 at best buy cheaper on amazon. I needed a watch and the polar ones looked clunky, but I hear only good things about them.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Polar RS300x. Got it back in April for my birthday (just told family to contribute amazon gift cards, win!) and absolutely adore it.
    The chest strap is really comfortable. It syncs with the equipment at the gym automatically. It does training zones. There are three different screens I can set up with different information, so during running, I scroll to the screen that shows my laps, lap time, heart rate, and burn. During lifting, I scroll to the screen that has my hrm, timer, and burn. And so on. Just so many options!
    I went with the fancier model so that in the future, if I wanted to invest in the footpod or the gps unit, I'd have a HRM that worked with them.
    Heart Rate Monitors are so great for encouragement.
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    I have the Timex personal trainer. I bought it because it was inexpensive and reviewers said that it fit a smaller wrist. I've been very happy with it. It gives 1) total time, 2) time in your target zone, 3) average heart rate, 4) peak heart rate, and 5) calories burned. The only time I've been annoyed with it is once when I took it off before writing my stats down, and I hit the "start" button by mistake and it cleared my "previous" stats. Other than that, it fits my tiny wrist and it gives me the info I need.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I have a New Balance N4 - works great. They run about $70 in stores, less online, or check eBay - I scored a brand new one there for $26.

When I was shopping for one, I took all the recommendations from MFP, then read all the reviews for those models on Amazon to help narrow down my choices. I was watching eBay for either the New Balance or the Polar, but the New Balance came up first.

^^^ this ^^. I'd buy it again if it was available here in the UK. But I use a polar nike+ strap thats dedicated to nike+ sport watch
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar Bluetooth HRM. It's a chest strap and transmitter only, and you sync it to an app on your smartphone. I love it... when it works properly. Because it's Bluetooth, there are sometimes problems with the signal. That can be really frustrating. But I really like that it syncs to my phone app, no watch receiver required and I get all the functionality of my phone app with heart rate added in. I would be aware of the possible signal problems and also that some apps sync to the HRM but do NOT calculate your cals from your recorded HRM. I was using CardioTrainer before and had to switch to SportsTracker in order to get that functionality.
  • fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I use sports tracker hrm and since getting in to my running this has paid for for itself many times and was the best money spent