Girlfriends - I Have To Rant Here

Options
PeachyPlum
PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
Sorry, I just need to rant. This is ridiculous.

I have a work friend who is recently divorced with three kids. She married young and never got a lot of time to have fun before she started having kids. Her husband was unstable, so she was never able to leave the kids with him and just get out of the house. She has a family member in town for the week, so she has a baby sitter for the first time in ten years this weekend. She asked me if I would take her out dancing, and I said I'd love to.
Fast forward to yesterday, when she tells me she also wants to go see an art museum, go out for lunch, etc.. She asks if I'll drive her around for the day, taking her to do all this stuff, and then if she can sleep at my house so she doesn't have to drive 45 minutes out to the boondocks tired and/or drunk. Of course, I said I'd love to have her.
Last night, a coworker/very good friend/guy I will probably date as soon as one of us finds a new job sends me a message saying this woman told him she was spending the night at my house and asked if he wanted to meet for brunch on Sunday. He said he'd love to meet us, and she said "No, it's only me." He was worried that having brunch with her would send 'the wrong message' to her, and he was regretting saying yes.
So, this morning, she finds me at work and says "You sleep in late on Sundays right?"
I told her I usually get up early on Sundays to run, and she told me I would be tired and deserved to sleep late. She would just let herself out early in the morning.
I told her I had planned to fix her breakfast, and she pretended to consider it for a long time, then said "No, it's your Sunday, you should just rest."
I told her I would love to fix her breakfast, and she told me she needed to get home to make breakfast for her kids.

Seriously!? This girl *knows* she's moving in on my territory. I'm not the least bit concerned about her having brunch with my guy, but damn if I'm not pissed that she's going to stay at my house, then ditch me for brunch with my friend, and then lie to me about it!

I haven't told the guy yet that she lied to me about her breakfast plans, because I don't want him to be upset with her too. But I was looking forward to this girl's day out, and now I'm just resentful.

Ladies, what would ya'll do!?

Replies

• LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    Id punch her in the *kitten*.
  • metalvegan
    metalvegan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Call that b i t c h out.

And...

this.
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    ^ What they said.
  • wolfpack77
    wolfpack77 Posts: 655
    Options
    tCp90.gif
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options

HAHA. Call her out on it and say "While you're having brunch with X on Sunday, maybe he can take you out all day Saturday too"
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I know lots of men and women I'd like to punch there LOL!
  • Treesy72
    Treesy72 Posts: 230
    Options
    Call that b i t c h out.

And...

this.

yepp :explode:
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Call her out on it!!
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    tCp90.gif

LMAO!!!!!
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I'd for sure call her out on it.
  • PeachyPlum
    Options

HAHA. Call her out on it and say "While you're having brunch with X on Sunday, maybe he can take you out all day Saturday too"

I actually LOVE this idea, because she wants me to take her to art museums and to hear classical music, both of which bore me to tears, but HE would love that crap.
    Maybe he can take her out, and drop her off with me when it's time to get her drunk and dancing on a bar.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    I fail to see the problem unless you have specifically said he is off limits and she should respect your friendship. I also don't see where she lied to you, it seems more like she omitted a detail.

I fail to see how the guy is your territory unless you are an exclusive couple, and it doesn't seem like you are based on what you describe.

If she's interested in him for a relationship or sexually, she can make a move on him. It is up to him to reject her, and it sounds like he will.

I do think her behavior is somewhat poor form though.
  • barmum
    barmum Posts: 73
    Options
    To be honest I would either be very honest with her and just ask how her brunch was or I would gradually edge her out of your life and keep her just as an acquaintance because being dishonest to you was incredibly disrespectful and gives the message that she assumes your stupid enough not to find out (which you're clearly not)
    I tend to judge friendships by how equal are they ? If you were in problems and needed help , would she pick up the phone if you called ? If not and its you doing all the helping and rescuing then shes not someone you need in your life !
  • nursedb
    nursedb Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Want me to kick her *kitten* for you...she sounds like a *****! lol....Ditch her...go out with the guy and then post pics on fb so she sees them...that'll learn her..:laugh:
  • bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    Options

This and I'd show up to brunch....
  • barmum
    barmum Posts: 73
    Options
    I fail to see the problem unless you have specifically said he is off limits and she should respect your friendship.

I fail to see how the guy is your territory unless you are an exclusive couple, and it doesn't seem like you are based on what you describe.

If she's interested in him for a relationship or sexually, she can make a move on him. It is up to him to reject her, and it sounds like he will.

I think it's the dishonesty that's more of an issue , If it was me I would have been upfront and said 'are you ok with me going to brunch with..'
  • PeachyPlum
    Options
    I fail to see the problem unless you have specifically said he is off limits and she should respect your friendship.

Like I said, I have no problem at all with them meeting for brunch. I do have a problem with her thinking she needs to lie to me about where she's going, after staying at my house!
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options

I think she's more annoyed with her lying about her breakfast plans.
    And I doubt she'd lie unless she knew she was doing something shady to her friend.
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options

It's basically the fact that her friend knows she likes this guy but yet her friend is going behind her back and not being up front about it.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    it sounds like she's manipulating both him and you...from what you said, he felt it was implied the three of you would be going when he said yes...and now he's unsure because it's just her and him....

so i would tell him that she lied to you....because she's lying in a sense to him too.

but mostly I would call her on it...

oh and punch her in the *kitten*...

all good ideas