Exercising with cats or perhaps any pet...

Options

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    :laugh: yes. this happens to me too but i mainly exercise in the gym or outside.

when i do pull out my yoga mat it obviously makes the same sound as when i open a can of kitty food because my cat comes running out of her hidey holes like YAY!

i've en tried stuff like "accidentally" squishing her when she refuses to budge but she still just lays there looking up at me like :love:

speaking of cats, does anyone else's cat run to wet sweaty clothes that you just got out of and start rolling around in them like they are catnip? it's really awkward hen i find my cat in the middle of that and something like the arm hole of my sports bra or one of the leg holes of my pantie around her neck and she's all twisted around on her back :laugh: what a freak!
  • deepbreaths_strongmoves
    Options
    LOL Yes!! There are cat scratches all over my floor mat because my kitty thinks he can stretch with me. Cute, but sometimes he can get in the way!
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    My dog likes my yoga mat so I have a baby gate ro keep her out. She's a great running buddy though.
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I was doing my weight lifting today and my cat just loves to sit under me. granted, a twenty pound dumbell would just bounce off her, but still! :grumble:
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    My dog likes to lay on my yoga mat, and bark at me any time one of my feet leaves the floor. He doesn't approve of jumping. I ended up just walking him before I workout, and then crating him until I'm done.

The second dog just lays near me, and watches disapprovingly with her ears back.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    My dog tries to hump my husband when he does push ups, and he used to bark at me when i did rope jumping. Not sure if my growling at him helped, or if it's just lost the novelty for him, no more barking now.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    HAH! My 25 lb (clearly needing to be on a pet version of MFP) cat loves to roll around on the floor when I'm doing my ab work. He usually stays out of my way so it's not big deal. Mostly funny to see him rolling around with me.
  • kreuzen
    kreuzen Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Oh man, Yes! both my animals (cat and dog) are VERY social. And so whenever I workout at home there is at least a good 5 minutes of be having to get up from the floor to move them or deal with them jumping all over me. Usually by the time I have to get up and do jumping jacks or something one of them will get stepped on my accident and they'll back off :indifferent: ... lol :laugh:
  • Avandel
    Avandel Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I pick a room mine aren't in & shut the door until I'm done. When I'm finished & open the door, this sea of furry faces are sitting there, staring at me, slightly peeved!:grumble:
  • GCAsMom
    GCAsMom Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My cats don't usually bother me when I'm working out, but as soon as it's over and I'm stretching, they love to rub against my sweaty legs. o.O I keep telling them to not do that, but they don't listen to me. :ohwell:
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    We have a chihuahua who loves to jump on your chest and lick you in the face as soon as you start doing crunches. It's not a little distracting! LOL
  • elle18287
    elle18287 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hah, my Puggle does the same thing! So frustrating, but so funny!
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    <
    Zumba cat
  • SelkieDiver
    SelkieDiver Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I can't do anything on the floor, or the kitties come "help". the yoga mat must die, according to the younger one. Oh, and he loves loves loves the treadmill. I finally have him trained to stay off when I'm on it, but he has to have his treadmill time afterward. He likes to walk on it with it on its lowest setting, then ride the belt to the end and plop off the back. Then he hops back on and walks again for a bit before....plop! Its really cute! But not so cute when you're trying to run and not step on him or trip!
  • kjannan
    kjannan Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    My cat seems to be attracted to zumba music & tries to wrap herself around my legs or lie down in my path. I guess it's the same way they like to lie down on the newspaper when you place it down on the floor to read lol
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    lol I have a similar problem with my one cat. Anytime I'm doing something on the floor she comes running. If I'm doing yoga she's always in the way. If I've been doing cardio or something, and need to get on the floor, she comes and rubs her head on my face and her loose fur stick to the sweat.

14877786.png
  • Takarameri
    Takarameri Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I have one dog that is always at home and he likes to help me stretch but otherwise just supervises my workout. The visiting cat likes to watch from a safe distance and the visiting dog likes to play with the hand-weights while I try to use them.
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    My dogs do this!!! I have a pitt and a chihuahua. The pitt comes and rubs her head on my arms and belly trying to snuggle the second I hit the floor and my chi jumps on me and licks my face and lips! It's so hard to work out at home!

When my bf works out at home? They fall asleep on the couch! Go figure!
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    All is quiet and I'm alone... Until I complete the first push-up. Something about that single action must radiate a cat tractor beam of massive force! My two old lazy obese house cats can be sound asleep in another room but are under me, in my face, wrapping themselves around my arms or trying to lay under me during push-ups. Does anyone else have this problem? Can anyone else relate to being smacked in the face with a cat tail while plank'ing, push-up'ing, etc? As an extra bonus one of them tries to chew my hair during crunches and attack my feet during leg lefts. It's like a workout in the gauntlet :tongue:

HAHA least yours go under you. My daughter's 15 lb cat thinks a flat back is an open invitation to jump up there and lay down....whether its pushups or leaning over to listen to the messages on the machine, etc.

altho, if i could do a push up, 15lbs extra weight might be a benefit....

the ferrets on the other hand are all up in there, the deaf one trying to nip any skin you have showing and the other one climbing on your head.
  • guacamole17
    guacamole17 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    <-- that pup right there thoroughly enjoys licking my face during crunches and pushups :D Laughing = core work right?

She also finds all the jumping around during 30Ds very entertaining.