Long Hair, Short Hair

Options

Replies

• apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I think long hair is really sexy and so does my husband....which is why my hair is down to my *kitten*. BUT now it's really starting to annoy me and get in my way so I'll be cutting it soon.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I prefer long hair. I had hair down to the bottom of my butt before I cut it to nothing (short on back and sides and only a few inches on the top) in April. I MUCH before the long hair. My hair has grown about four inches since April but it's soooooo boring. I don't like it this long. I used to have it chin length before I grew it out and I loved that. But then the second it grew it looked horrible. So on myself I like chin length but I think overall I like hip length the most. I plan on growing it back out to about hip length or so and keeping it there.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I hate it when my hair is any shorter than my shoulders. I don't like it too long. Mid back maybe? It's pretty long right now. The last time I got it cut was maybe January? I get my hair cut about twice a year lol. I'm just too lazy to find a new hair dresser since I moved.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I prefer having long(ish) hair. I don't know I just like it better. I have really thick hair so when it's short it tends to look kind of awkward on me and I can never just wash it and let it dry... when it's short I HAVE to take the time to style it if I want it look to look decent. When it's long, I can just take a shower and let it air dry if I want and it looks fine. And I can also wear it curly (I guess it's more wavy) when it's long. I can't do that when it's short. It doesn't really look right.
  • NocturnalGirl
    NocturnalGirl Posts: 1,762
    Options
    It purely depends on the person. Some suit short hair and some suit long hair. And some suit mid-length. I prefer long but I don't like hair that's tooo long. If it's long then it needs to be in good condition and taken care of otherwise there's no point in having long hair if it's dry and has lots of split ends. Short hair can be pretty cute, it depends on how you style it xx
  • kytte
    kytte Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    i like long hair. i keep mine so long (and still growing) that i had to stand during my last trim. :)
    but some girls really pull off short and medium length hair very very well, so depends on the person definitely.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    I love my hair shorter...I stack it up in the back, longer in the front like a bob. I couldn't stand dealing with it anymore.. Now it generally always looks good, which is super :tongue:
  • JoanneStone
    JoanneStone Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Long for the first 35 years of my life, short ever since! It's been 13 yrs and my hubby is still pissed about it! :grumble: But I'll never go back!
  • filomenae
    filomenae Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My long hair takes a lot of work, but I love it :)
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    When I was heavy I liked my hair short, now that I'm thinner, I have not cut it since I was 200lbs + so I'm hoping to keep it growing, I want it to my waist.
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Like it long, mine is also waist lengh:)
  • GambinoGirl
    GambinoGirl Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I prefer long pretty hair.
  • lshaunessy
    Options
    The longest my hair has been was past my rear. It was so long I had to pull it over my shoulder to keep from sitting on it. My husband loved it but it was a hassle. I finally cut it to mid length, and then eventually to above my shoulders. I get far more compliments on the shorter hair, but my husband misses it lol.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I only like long hair if it's in good condition and not boring or just yanked back into a ponytail. I keep mine short because I like 60s mod/ French gamine styling, and can do lots of fun, funky and feminine things with it. I'm sure it reads as manly or "lesbian" to other people, but I kind of think thats a limitation of a closed mind rather than a limitation of my ability to do my hair. I also just like to look different than other people, and I feel that short hair is the way to go for me.
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Long hair. I'm growing mine out and have been for the last year. It's finally (!) to my shoulders. Although I do want it longer, I don't want it super-long. My hubby loves that it's longer, he constantly compliments me on it.
  • healthychanges1
    Options
    I like really long hair. Mine grazes the top of my jeans. I wouldn't want it any other length :)
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I used to like my hair really, really short but I'm partial to my longer hair since I grew it out. Right now it's just past my shoulders and it's nice to wear up and things. I want to grow it about 6 more inches. It is a lot of work though, I will say that short hair was much easier to maintain and make look nice.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    When I was heavy I liked my hair short, now that I'm thinner, I have not cut it since I was 200lbs + so I'm hoping to keep it growing, I want it to my waist.

That's totally me, only I just want my to my bra strap. I wonder why, you'd think we'd have longer hair when we were heavier to "hide behind", right?
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options

Thank you !!

Have you heard anything not nice about Pantene's hair donation program? I wonder if they are any better.

Not sure what to do now, my hair is to my waist and it's gonna get cut soon, it needs it. I normally keep it around the area of my back bra strap.
  • Breeslice09
    Options
    You have to have the right face for short, I think long is gorgeous, but with the right cut short us sexy