Girlfriends - I Have To Rant Here

Options

Replies

• jinelle5
    Options
    I dont even bother indulging people like this with questions. Do not be her friend outside of work. From today on she is just a co-worker. Shadyness is a gene.
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I'd probably just say "have fun with X at brunch tomorrow! Tell him I say hi", so that she knows she's been caught.
  • zophiel67
    zophiel67 Posts: 181
    Options
    I fail to see the problem unless you have specifically said he is off limits and she should respect your friendship. I also don't see where she lied to you, it seems more like she omitted a detail.

I fail to see how the guy is your territory unless you are an exclusive couple, and it doesn't seem like you are based on what you describe.

If she's interested in him for a relationship or sexually, she can make a move on him. It is up to him to reject her, and it sounds like he will.

I do think her behavior is somewhat poor form though.
    Did she outright lie or just omit a detail? Did you ask her where she is going on Sunday morning? If she outright lied about her Sunday morning plans, that is a big deal.

I'm so glad you're not my husband. Or boyfriend. Or friend. Or in my life at all, really. Lying by omission is still lying. She could have easily said "Actually, I went ahead and made plans for brunch thinking that you would want to sleep in." But she didn't knowing that would lead to wanting to know who the plans were with and possibly an offer to join. Deceptive behavior because she knew she was doing something that would upset her friend.

As for the situation, tell the male party that she wasn't exactly forthcoming and offer to come if he wants you to join. Then inform her that he invited you to join them.
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    this is a very interesting situation...I didn't notice any update though...but...yes she was very deceptive in her actions...but what is the reason for sure...I didn't see anything that suggests she knew about your and this guy's relationship or potential relationship...and its also unclear as to what his role is...he accepted yes...but if its that big of a deal that you aren't going he should realize what her intentions may be and just simply change up..say no and that he's interested in you...how can you know if he's being honest...communication is everything because if she asked him...he said yes..then thought to himself...hmmm..how would you feel about this...then talked to you to test the waters a little so he could cover himself in the event you got upset...it could put a whole different spin on this situation...but my opinion is she asked...he said yes and asked if it were the 3 of you just to check to see because he easily couldn't told her no afterwards if it wasn't comfortable
  • splashangel
    splashangel Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Well?
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    Probably the funniest thing I have read in awhile
    Id punch her in the *kitten*.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • shellebelle87
    shellebelle87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Waiting for update!

Did you call her out?

Was there an epic *kitten* punch?

Don't leave us hanging!!!!
  • Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Hahahahaha
  • fabnewlife
    Options
    If he is really into you and a real man, he will either cancel the date or insist you go too. If this doesn't happen it's time to weed them both out of your life. Yes WEEDS! They need to go. Play the game girl! He will want you more if you are not that easy. Test him out, if he fails, remember PLENTY OF FISH IN THE SEA! Always put an expensive price tag on yourself. Yes you are priceless. Remember, you have a fabulous exciting life ahead of you. Leave your doors open. If this doesnt work out, keep it simple, Weed them out and dont wast precious time, and energy on them. It could be the best thing that happens. Just keep looking forward.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    I would have called her on it, whether or not your dating the guy, she's lied to you and you should let her know that you know all about it.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Pull up your big girl panties and show up at the brunch.
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    Call that b i t c h out.

And...

this.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kimberlyhaddix
    Options
    Wow some friend. I think I would call her out on it too. And surly wouldn't let her stay with me.
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Alright, I'm shameless.

I desperately want to know how everything went!
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Unless you and this guy have already agreed to be exclusive, he's not wrong for accepting and she's not wrong for asking. It may be a *****y move, but sorry that's not your territory.. Yet! All is fair game.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I fail to see the problem unless you have specifically said he is off limits and she should respect your friendship. I also don't see where she lied to you, it seems more like she omitted a detail.

I fail to see how the guy is your territory unless you are an exclusive couple, and it doesn't seem like you are based on what you describe.

If she's interested in him for a relationship or sexually, she can make a move on him. It is up to him to reject her, and it sounds like he will.

I do think her behavior is somewhat poor form though.
    Did she outright lie or just omit a detail? Did you ask her where she is going on Sunday morning? If she outright lied about her Sunday morning plans, that is a big deal.

I'm so glad you're not my husband. Or boyfriend. Or friend. Or in my life at all, really. Lying by omission is still lying. She could have easily said "Actually, I went ahead and made plans for brunch thinking that you would want to sleep in." But she didn't knowing that would lead to wanting to know who the plans were with and possibly an offer to join. Deceptive behavior because she knew she was doing something that would upset her friend.

As for the situation, tell the male party that she wasn't exactly forthcoming and offer to come if he wants you to join. Then inform her that he invited you to join them.

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS + *kitten* punch to liars.
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    She is definitely not a friend and need to be put in here place!
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Call that b i t c h out.

And...

this.

twunt punch for the win!

call her out also, at midnight, Saturday night & kick her out on her booty.
  • kytte
    kytte Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    tCp90.gif
    ^^me too^^
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    tCp90.gif