Anyone from the UK ???

Options

Replies

• rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Hi there - yes I live in Richmond and have been using MFP properly since the start of August, and now with added new FitBit (which I *think* I am getting the hang of).
    A little background - I am a former 400m hurdler who had to give up in my 30s after knee and back injuries and a neurological condition all came together to plot against me.

After YEARS of the novelty of not having to train, and inspired (who says it had to be just the young generation!?) by London 2012, I am cataloguing a return to fitness and casting aside my decidedly midde-aged-ness.

That said - sadly I am off to have lunch with a great mate from my recent journalism course, so all those calories burned in town this morning will be put on rapidly.

At some stage I will update my profile and put a link to my blog if anyone wants to peruse.

But in the mean time I am SO glad a friend recommended this site - it has really helped me understand my cal intake, and is helping me plan groceries and food plans where previously I just got lazy.

Nice to meet you all!

R.
  • zoeofshalott
    zoeofshalott Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm from Cambridge, just looking to maintain a healthier weight mainly. I love food!

If anyone wants to add me, I welcome friends :)
  • Howellc87
    Howellc87 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

It's nice to meet all you fellow Brits; am from Cardiff myself.

I'm on Day 4 of MFP and love it already! Have tried quite a few diets in the past, but haven't managed to lose more than 1.5 stone before slipping back into bad habits. Since moving in with The Boyfriend last year have been falling more quickly down the slippery slope, so am determined to nip it in the bud this time once and for all! Have always tried tackling the extra pounds alone before, but hoping the online support will help this time, so please feel free to add me as a friend :)

Have a great Saturday,

Charlotte.
  • MadMooseGirl
    Options
    Hello, I am near Manchester so I am in the North West. I would very much love to have other friends in the UK, especially those who have experiences of Binge Eating and who have a lot of weight to shift! I am finally beating the binge eating battle after 21 years through the help of therapy. I am aiming to lose weight for varying reasons; including my health and to rid myself of the Type 2 Diabetes I have had for 7 years and to pursue a career plan next year.

I have recently just started Victoza 1.2mg so if any other diabetics are taking that, even better!

I also have experiences of Severe Depression, hence the therapy...
  • bexxxster
    bexxxster Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm from the uk! Originally from wales but in the north east at the moment, feel free to add me could do with some motivation and some support at the moment lol! x
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    Options
    hey I am from Essex woohoo! lol MFP is really great, I found it nearly 4 weeks ago and love being here. Good lck to everyone on their journeys x
  • russelld1978
    Options
    Hi, I'm from Kent and just starting out. Nice to see such a friendly and supportive community here :)
  • slimsdown
    slimsdown Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    im from the u.k , down old sunny somerset :-)
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Bolton near Manchester...

Me too
  • Aniseedvan
    Aniseedvan Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Live in Northants but work in Milton Keynes, did live in MK for about 8 years too.

I'm often walking the redways at lunchtime :-)
  • BeanyFrog13
    BeanyFrog13 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hi I live in Cambridge! How amazing is this site?? :D I'd be happy to help you out along the way, as long as you kick me up the bum when I flag or falter :P
  • KrisThomas1964
    Options
    Hi
    I live South Wales really happy to have found this site some really inspirational ppl and photo's here to help keep you going.

Please feel free to add me.
  • Mistycat19
    Mistycat19 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi..Im Jackie from Shropshire.I m waiting for heart surgery and cant exercise at the moment but have found MFP very helpful in maintaining a healthy diet and have lost 21 pounds in 4 months...just discovered this message board today and its nice to see so many uk names
  • fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    hi there will birmingham do
  • Stripycat
    Stripycat Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I'm Caroline, from Leeds.

I lost most of my weight before finding this site, but have found it really useful in helping me learn more about how everything works and keeping my nutrition in order.

I'm a runner (I love saying that, and the old part of me that still thinks like a fat lass is still surprised to hear it coming out of my mouth) and have found loads of tips and info, and encouragement from others on here.

Anyone up for a bit of daftness and the occasional e-natter can add me!
  • lynty55
    lynty55 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm from huddersfield, yorkshire. 57 and in desparate need to lose some weight! Have only been on this site for 5 days and just finding my way around. I've found it really useful and adding exercise has spurred me on to do more, probably watching the Olympics has helped too, although I don't aspire to be performing at the next one lol!! Gettin to the top of the stairs without puffing will do me for now!
  • Jessamyfrm
    Options
    Hiya,

I'm an 18 year old from Essex, UK who swapped a life of partying and drinking for the gym and eating healthily!

Feel free to add me, I update regularly and I help motivate others :)
  • b_bronnie
    Options
    Hi all!

I'm on Merseyside, just signed up today. I'm 54 and have the same half stone I keep losing and gaining, mainly from round my middle, but never seem to get any further than that. Got into a really good power-walking routine from January to Easter, then a knee injury scuppered me, so need to build that routine again. Half a stone off will make me feel much better, but would really like to persevere this time and drop a stone once and for all.

Bron
    x
  • kacorlis
    kacorlis Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am from the US, but I saw where you were from and had to comment! My husband and I go to the UK every May to visit friends who currently live in Potten End (not sure I spelled that correctly)....we visited Bletchley Park with them this year, and the name of your town sounded familiar.

I would love to have you as a friend on this site, as I have 35-45 lbs to lose (I know you don't use lbs...:-)
    I have been using the site for 2 weeks, but haven't the courage to weigh myself yet.
    Looking forward to a response if you like....
  • kacorlis
    kacorlis Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I know she wanted friends from the UK, (and I am from the USA) but your story is similar to mine (age and injuries)...I would love to have a supportive friend from the UK. We go there every year to visit long-time friends, and I love it.
    I have about 35-45 lbs ( 1 stone is about 14lbs).....I would like to hear from any friends in the UK. This is the best website I have ever used.