Looking for people who want to lose weight eating real food

Options

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I lost 20 pounds 12 years ago while learning to eat real food. And, with a little reminder from time to time, I've kept it off. By eating real food.

I'm a big fan. :smile:
  • allisonshaw710
    allisonshaw710 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    How is that done

Read all these comments that people are making to this post! You CAN eat real food and still lose weight. It's all about moderation, measuring and moving more!
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I feel like i would fall into this category since i have yet to really cut out anything from my diet and still splurge on in n out once every week or other week lol. add me, if you dont like what you see feel free to delete, i wont be butthurt about it. :)
  • ericastock
    Options
    I am the same - lost 15lbs just by changing WHAT I cook. Some people say its too expensive to eat healthy - All the money put into diet pills & shakes would more than cover it! I love to eat, but I have changed some things - rarely fry things anymore :-) And I finally learned- really learned - how to cook so many things on the grill! We have been grilling our dinner 3-4 nites a week & loving it! But I'm gonna need help come winter when it's too cold to grill anymore - and I don't wanna go back to frying! Add me if you like, please & thanks!
  • logicandlove
    logicandlove Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm with everyone here! My mother is French, so I was raised with a true appreciation of food and cooking, and I haven't given it up. Honestly, I just think that if I lose weight by following a diet that I know I can't personally maintain, the weight won't stay off. If I lose weight by exercising and eating healthy foods that I want to eat, I'll be fine. Stuffing your body full of processed crap and trying to survive on 1200 cals a day forever isn't really doing your body any favors.
  • nasoj007
    nasoj007 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Here, here, I love food to much to give it up. I utilize portion control and just watch my calories closely to lose weight, oh and I gave up soda almost completely (hardest thing so far). Its a bit slower (I'm averaging about a pound a week) but I don't feel like I'm losing out on the food I love and I feel it will be easier to maintain the loss once I hit my goal. I LOVE cooking and now enjoy finding ways of turning some of my favorite recipes into healthier versions or finding tasty alternatives to high calorie foods. I still use butter, I just use less, I eat sausages I just have found a lower calorie version that I like (blue menu cheddar smokies FTW) etc. One of my favorite substitutions to date is cauliflower mashed potatoes, I like them more than the original :) ... Weight loss has to be about a lifestyle you can enjoy and maintain or you are doomed to fail.
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me - i am trying to eat what I consider to be real food - i do have low fat yoghurts and skimmed milk, but i really enjoyed my eggs, bacon and toast this morning!
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    We eat wholesome whole foods, grow a big garden, and raise our own cows. Friend me if you like..
  • tpenksa1
    Options
    i love this. im just starting and i hate all the low fat/ low cal stuff. most people don't eat like that regularly. so i'm trying to just eat less of what i like. i do have to start exercising though i know that. add me
  • crystal_darling
    crystal_darling Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Add me too! I somtimes feel bad about what I've eaten but if i don't have "bad" food I know I won't stick to this. I had a slurpee yestarday! lol I also sometimes feel bad about what I've eaten but I've lost some weight eating this way and I'm exercising. Anyone is free to add me.
  • sweetsong32
    sweetsong32 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Me too! I cook with butter, and sometimes with heavy cream. I do not eat low fat. But I try to stay within my calorie allotment.
    Anyone, please feel free to add me.
  • BubbleGumKisses
    BubbleGumKisses Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 30 lbs in the last 4 months eating real food!! Just in better moderation than before!!

Yay!!
  • MrDangerSass
    Options
    Eating real food... drinking real wine... and have knocked 30lbs off in about 5 months. I do track and pay attention to the nutritional mix and, probably most importantly started being more diligent in portion control. I still eat two servings of potato chips (my weakness) from time to time but then stop there rather than finishing half the bag as I would have in the past. I cook and use real butter and creams and oils... I just make sure I don't treat the table as an all-you-can-eat buffet. I have finally come to realize, like good wine... if you eat too much or drink too much... then you stop tasting and savoring and are just feeding.

I generally subscribe to the "calories in / calories out" approach and if that means I need to make time to exercise more or do some of the chores I might have passed off to my teenagers... so be it. A good diet shouldn't be about cutting out a particular thing like "carbs" or being forced to eat package "diet" foods nor is it about starving yourself but should be about learning to eat a good nutritional balance that marries up to your body's needs. In the end...whether it's weight training, dieting, running, etc... you've got to commit to being self-disciplined and know when to push yourself, stop yourself and then puts some good folks around you (like those here on MFP) to encourage and hold you accountable.
  • Bestfitbody
    Bestfitbody Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I totally believe in eating real food! I do admit to occasionally grabbing a protein bar or a whey protein powder shake as opposed to skipping a meal or eating crap but it is the exception to the rule!
    I am tired of hearing how this pill or powder or drink will make it happen~it is all about quality of calories in and out and our bodies know and use food best!
    Love to be anyone's friend who is like minded!!
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Friend me and as you can see, I'm a "real" food eater;) I also eat all the calories that are suggested most of the time. I think going back and forth is good to keep me on a steady pace losing. I eat more one day and less the next, just happens that way.

Glad you are here! denise:drinker: :drinker:
  • Vickiesings
    Options
    I feel the same way. Count me in. Add me as a friend.
  • Debtastic12
    Options
    im a real food eater and as long as you portions are not massive and you eat with moderation there is no reson to torture yourself on diets, i hate the word it makes me hungry just typing it lol.
  • karencogs
    karencogs Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Count me in..I feel the same way..Add me as a Friend..Real Food..:)
  • LisaEileen
    LisaEileen Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Only real food here. I have to cook a lot because our food budget is so small. I have homemade pizza on the menu for supper tonight. Pizza dough is resting as I write this. Mmmm, real cheese. I live in Wisconsin. I think eating fake cheese and fake butter here is against the law. lol
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I love real food...diet food is bland. I have to use butter, cheese, olive oil, and I eat pretty much whatever I want with portion control. Love real food!!