Boyfriend eats everything (almost)

Options
13»

Replies

• jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    my husband is the same way i hide stuff i want to keep from him lmao he knows it too cause he if said to me u have to or i will continue to eat it. he ate all our ice cream in 2 sittings lmao
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Welcome to living with any guy.

ditto! My husband easily eats 3-4 times as much as me on a daily basis! He knows what food is mine, and I will tell him, DO NOT eat such and such, I'm taking it to work with me in the morning. So my suggestion, is to just talk to him, label foods as off limits if you need.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Your man sounds exactly like mine.

I started buying stuff that I LOVE and he absolutely can't stand, so I basically go shopping with two separate grocery lists.

But we also designated a "Kat Cabinet". As in, there is one cabinet in the house that is ABSOLUTELY off limits. My granola bars go there, otherwise they would be destroyed in a day.

EDIT: He eats like crap. Doesn't like fruit. Drinks a lot of soda. Will eat an entire BIG BOX of Goldfish crackers in two days.

We like different stuff, we buy separate food for the most part. My friend went grocery shopping with us once, she said never again! lol, cause he'd see something he loves, I'll say that's so gross, and vice versa. We got on her nerves with that lmao!
  • kytte
    kytte Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hmm, if you're logging all you eat, you're probably eating 30% of what he eats, that's why it seems like he's eating a lot. On the contrary, you are eating too little.

That said, I don't have a problem if my boyfriend eats. I cook/bake for someone to eat them. You seriously can't expect muffins you bake to last two weeks? I give mine usually 3-4 days tops.

This
  • HamsterNut
    HamsterNut Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Dont share

Me and My OH dont share things we have our own sharing doesnt work with somebody who eats faster and more than I do, we once had a sharing dessert at a restaurant , cookie dough with ice cream ... I got 1/4 of the icecream only before hed finished the whole cookie dough!
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Don't live with me then, that's for damn sure. I dont share, if I let any girl share in my diet, I'd be living with a VERY large girl.
  • stfriend
    stfriend Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Wait until its a guy plus a kid or two. When I bake I'm lucky if the stuff makes it to the next day.
  • ForeverIrish
    ForeverIrish Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    The others that t posted that you're not eating enough are right.

Do what I did: I told the BF that I was responsible for all grocery shopping, but he was reponsible for cutting me a check to reimburse me. When he saw the grocery receipts, it was a sobering moment for him.

Or....you can dump his *kitten*.
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options

^ No.
  • MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    Options

This

Honestly I don't see why you are so upset? The pizza leftovers are his as well as yours. You can't expect him to stare half a pizza in the face for days as you slowly nibble 25 calorie bits off it.

Also eat more
  • petiteLady89
    petiteLady89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    My husband eats a lot too. You get used to it. In the beginning I ate just as much as him! That obviously wasn't that good for me lol. Now I just make more knowing his appetite is 3-4 times more than mine. We have two boys too. Gosh can't wait until they are grown boys. We might have to sell our house just to keep everyone fed.
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Guys need more calorie intake than women, it seems.
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    Wait until its a guy plus a kid or two. When I bake I'm lucky if the stuff makes it to the next day.

Same here. If it lasts to the next day, it means they didn't like it very much, lol!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    - He's probably not as bad as you're making out, and is in fact eating like a healthy, active adult.
    - You have no right to criticise anyone's dietary choices.

That's not at all what she's saying. She's not saying he eats too much. She'd like him to SHARE. If I made three dozen muffins and only got to eat 3 I'd be pissed too. He's being inconsiderate, selfish and RUDE. My husband is thin too. For the first few years we were together he was trying to gain weight. He still didn't eat an entire batch of cookies without saving any for me.

Maybe get a few separate containers. Put what you want to keep in those containers. Tell him that anything in those containers is yours and you need that food for the week. Everything else is fair game. If he eats stuff out of your containers, he has to make replacement food (not just buy crap).

It will get better. His metabolism will catch up with him in a few years.

Agree with this. It's not about HER habits, it's about his. I would be upset if I came home and found all of the sweets I made gone, or all the fruit I cut up gone.
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options

so well said..