What is your HONEST reason for losing weight??????

Options

Replies

• MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    Revenge
    Depression
    Feeling like a fat failure
    Wanting to feel good about myself
    Wanting others to look at me and say "Damn"!
    To look in the mirror and smile and instead of look away real quick
    To start posting pictures of me on Facebook again
    To fit into any clothing besides yoga pants and maternity clothing
    and one that keeps me going.....
    One of the only things in my life I have complete control over. I can control what goes in my mouth and how much I excerise. There is not much else in my life I feel I have that much control over.

...other than the facebook part(because i dont have a facebook acct, lol) this is exactly it.
    plus...
    tired of being the fat friend
    wanted to bea totally fkn smoking hot MILF. lol
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    because with the help of MFP I can finally over come my ED, and lose weight. After 32 yrs of fighting this ED eatting only 500-700 if any calories every day. I can eat healthy AND lose weight.
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    To be healthy for my kids. My youngest 1 1/2 years old and I'm 35. My weight is finally catching up with me (my ankles and knees get sore) so it has to go!
  • mhays83
    mhays83 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My biggest reason is so that I can be a GOOD example for my daughter. But, a close second is so I can buy clothes in a "normal" store.
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I want to be sexy... I want my husband's friends to look at me as the hot wife again.. lol. Any friend that I've ever met of his would say how they thought I was really good looking (cute, hot, etc..) and now they probably don't think that anymore because I've gained alot of weight since having my boys. So, yeah. I want to be hot. I like being flirted with and made to feel pretty. I don't care how shallow that sounds. It's true.

ETA: Sex is definitely another reason! I'm not as flexible as I used to be :/
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I want to LIVE!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    My reason for losing weight is to become a better me and because I have very sickly parents. I want to feel good in my clothes and out of them also. funny I know. I want to be able to walk a mile without my joints aching. I want to be able to enjoy my children better without being so tired. My parents became very sick at a young age. I just want better for myself.
  • tina81052
    Options
    It hit me when shopping for school clothes for my teen daughter . None of the clothes would fit her. We had to order on line. I realized that I was being a bad role model on how to eat and take care of our bodies.
    So I found this site 20 days ago and haven't looked back . : )
  • alex88carolina
    Options
    To basically say screw you to my ex's and all the haters.lol.
  • ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I want to feel more feminine. I am already taller than a lot of guys, so weighing as much or more than them made me feel huge. I have always admired the dainty pretty girls and wished I could be like them. I always look so much bigger than all my friends in pictures. So basically, since I cannot make myself shorter, I can damn well make myself thinner.
  • pmcco
    pmcco Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    When I was a mommy I used to have serious talks to God and beg that I live long enough to raise my daughter.... I got there and thought ok its all good I did my job on earth whatever happens happens... but then along came my grand daughter and I thought crap... I want to be here as long as I can.... so I better take better care of myself. I want to be able to do anything I want to do and that means being active. Also, my job is so hard and is so stressful I need exercise to not go postal. Life is just better when you are an active participant.
  • Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I lost 21 pounds years ago and kept it off because of some *kitten* production assistant that I worked for at the time telling me that my *kitten* jiggled when I danced on stage. I shouldn't of let someone else's opinion of me matter but at that time in my life I was trying to become a backup dancer and get a job as backup dancer on a BSB tour (which I didn't get lol). The prick, I owe him a lot though now because that comment he made stayed with me for like a year and I have managed to keep myself in shape all of these years later and got so addicted to working out and I'm very happy nowadays. I just need some damn muscles though. I love muscles.
  • sds76
    sds76 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have 5 children and I don't want to die why they are young. I started getting chest pains frequently a cpl months ago and it made me realize how selfish staying fat was. People that have diseases or life threatening injuries fight to live....I am just fat...I can certainly fight just as hard if not harder to live as well.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I don't want to die at the age of 49 like my mother.
  • PaleoRDH
    PaleoRDH Posts: 266
    Options
    ............... honestly, because I still want to turn heads........... and because I gained weight last year when I dang near died from May-Thurner Syndrome. There's this part of me who fears going to the next family gathering and hearing "OMG looks like the skinny princess put some pounds on..........." (or words to that effect). OH HELLLLLL to the NO. :noway:
  • MichaelFunaro
    MichaelFunaro Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Used to be 1) Feel good about myself in my own skin, 2) Find love again.

Now it's 1) Be healthy, 2) Feel good about myself in my own skin (ie naked), 3) Find Love again and enjoy it, 4) Maybe play some sports again.
  • jenny80graeber
    Options
    I want to look great again in my skinny clothes :laugh:
    I have a whole wardrobe I can't fit into anymore
    I am sick of feeling fat and feeling ugly
  • jkleon86
    jkleon86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    AVOID PAIN-KNEES-HIPS-FEET,AND FEEL BETTER WITH MORE ENERGY.
  • dreja82
    dreja82 Posts: 43
    Options
    Of course I want to look good, but more then that I want my *kitten* to fit down the slide when I play at the park with my daughter and I want to be healthy and raise my daughter with a healthy lifestyle so she doesn't end up like me when she is 30.
  • rudimae
    rudimae Posts: 107
    Options
    I thought of another reason...I'd love to be able to ride a roller coaster without being turned away or reseated in the special fat seat or have other riders look at me like I might break the damned thing!