MFP Spitfires Cycling Club Week 10!!!

Options

Replies

• Jax67
    Jax67 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I still check in to see how you're all doing :happy:

I haven't done much cycling as the weather has been awful this last couple of weeks.

I got caught in a thunder storm 9 days ago, got a puncture! was saved by a lovely bloke and then slipped off the side of the track in the pouring rain and bashed my leg up quite badly.... it could only happen to me!! lol

Anyway i'm healing quite nicely now, but i'm not going to pledge this week, maybe next week.

Happy cycling x x
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Yay Jax!! Good to see you!!! :happy:
  • dlestermfp
    Options
    I am still hanging around as well. Not doing any recreational riding now with the weather turning sour, but I still do 64 miles each week from my commute, which is now on my mountain bike with studded tires, so each mile feels like more than it used to ;)
  • skywalker
    Options
    Got in 65miles on my trainer last week. Better than nothing. Didn't make my goal though. However, I'll keep plugging along. :drinker:
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    WOW I totally forgot about this club! I was in it.. I want to say over a month ago. I haven't been riding due to some health issues plus I really need to get some winter riding stuff cause the shorts aren't going to work for me in this chilly weather. I will probably start riding only once a week pretty soon, I'm going to start marathon training again, (sorry bike) Enjoy your rides everyone!!!

~Leash :heart:
  • dlestermfp
    Options
    Thanksgiving knocked off 13 miles since I had one less day of commuting, but I still had 50 miles for the week.
  • skywalker
    Options
    Good for you dlester! I've been so busy I only got in around 40 miles this week.
  • dlestermfp
    Options
    I got my usual 63 in this week, but I won't have nearly that much next week. I have a little three day jaunt down to Austin this week and that will take three of my commute days out of the mix.
  • quinnybear
    Options
    well I passed my goal for the year and am still riding as much as possible. it's been getting too cold/windy/dark to ride often. I can usually get in 1, maybe 2 rides a week. I finally got a long sleeve dry layer and tights so I'm not relying on just arm and knee warmers to keep me warm anymore! I can't wait until the days start getting longer and the wind dies down... not riding has definitely lead to some weight gain!
  • skywalker
    Options
    Only 49 for me this week :tongue: I've just set a 500m by Christmas goal for myself. Hoping that will motivate me! Have a great week, everyone!!!
  • skywalker
    Options
    I am back on track!! Finally!!! 111.83miles this week. Trying to hit 500 by Christmas Day. It's going to be a challenge though. Hopefully I can make it. Good luck, everyone. Have a great week :drinker:
  • skywalker
    Options
    Scratch that last post... Went for a little spin today. 123.85m for the week. Planning to beat that this week!
    Happy pedaling! :drinker:
  • skywalker
    Options
    Hello??? Anybody home??? Well, I kicked my butt into gear this week and ended with 155.17m on my trainer. Hope all is well with everyone! :drinker:
  • dlestermfp
    Options
    I am still kicking, but am not coming here as often as I used to.

Last week's weather was a killer, so I didn't get hardly any riding in. I haven't checked, but I think 20 miles is pretty close to what I did for the whole week.

I am on vacation this week, and the weather is still cold but at least not actively snowing, and I did 17 just today. I am not sure how the rest of the week will go, but I am heading down to the YMCA here in a little bit to mindlessly move some weights up and down. Weightlifting is the best way to kill any weight loss progress since you almost instantly gain 10 pounds, but you see the results so as long as you can be motivated by something other than the scale it is great.
  • skywalker
    Options
    I'm still here too. Didn't log in last week, but got in around 40 miles. Looks like I won't be making my New Year's Day goal. Oh well, setting it has helped boost my motivation and give me the kick in the pants that I needed :laugh: I'll be checking in again at the end of the week/year. Happy New Year, everyone!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • dlestermfp
    Options
    Anyone still kicking? Back to work, so I have commuting miles again. 60 this week, and I don't think I will get any weekend miles in so that is probably going to be the total.
  • skywalker
    Options
    I'm still here! Nasty head cold earlier in the week so I didn't get in too many miles. Maybe 40. Back on track this week tho with riding and strength training. Happy pedaling!!! :drinker:
  • Jax67
    Jax67 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I'm still here but haven't cycled for a while.... we have been having the worst winter here for years..... snow! and it settled and caused chaos.

We really aren't used to this. I live in the South West of the Uk and it's normally a light sprinkling that melts the minute it touches any surfaces. We are expecting more today so i'm going to drag out the static exercise bike and start as i mean to go on.

Skywalker.... hope you're feeling better soon :happy:

Jax x
  • skywalker
    Options
    Hi all! Approximately 80 miles this week. My odometer died, so I'm estimating based on how much time I spent riding. :grumble: Gotta get a new one soon.
  • skywalker
    Options
    Still haven't gotten a new odometer, so I'm estimating around 80 again this week and I'm back on weight training as well. Happy pedaling!!