Runners with big boobs?????

Options

Replies

• Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I am a 38DD as well and I know you are looking for affordable... but to be healthy and comfortable you have to spend money on them. If you get a good one it will last you awhile. I have two VSX sports bras that work fairly well and I wear a cheap wal mart one underneath them. I also have two Addidas ones and love them! (also wear the cheap wal mart ones under those too). Make sure you look for the ones that are made for high impact... anything less and you will feel it after the run/ workout. If you look for coupons you can usually get them at D*cks for around $45. Good luck!

ETA: My cheap wal mart ones are also sports bras.. no underwire!
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I use two bras. A normal underwire bra and a sports bra that is one size too small. Holds em tight in place- no jiggle. Occasionally I will have trouble with chafing underneath my boobs and I use body glide to deal with that. I get my sports bras at the running store and they cost about 54 bucks. I need the one that does up at the back, not the racer type as I cannot get those kinds on.

Just go to a store that sells sports bras and try them on. Jump up and down in the change room to make sure there is not a lot of movement.

^ this!! I wear two at a time (cheap ones too). The first one has soft formed cups to shape and keep from the dreaded UNIBOOB, then the second one is just a regular Nike sports bra, one size smaller. They don't budge and they look awesome, if I do say so myself!

I'd post a pic but the mods would just delete it :grumble:
  • brittfj
    brittfj Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    hey! i have the same problem 36dd :/ and bad ankles. When i got into running it was hard finding a good sports bra (and shoes). Champion makes my favorite now though, their compression bras are great and they have others for higher impact if that one doesnt do the trick. You can find their compression bras at target for around 15 bucks though so they arent overly expensive. :] hope this helps!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Another vote for double bra. A regular underwire and a compression type sports bra on top. I wear old getting-to-be-grungy bras underneath, and the plain old compression bras on top don't seem to get too worn out.

I'm one of the few whose bra size doesn't change by much when I gain/lose weight, so I have a ton of old bras that still fit for this purpose. If I was changing sizes rapidly, I would probably still stick with the same program, and just buy one or two cheap bras underneath, and a smaller size compression bra should last you through a couple size changes.

I may invest in a couple good sports bras when I get to my goal weight, though.
  • Kanlassak
    Kanlassak Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I tend to just get the target champion bra in the smallest size I can fit into (currently I have medium and large) and take the squishing/uniboob because I'm cheap about clothes.

It works well enough for me (DD or DDD) but I'm probably going for a lower level of support than you are? I'm fine without a bra at all for walking and sometimes dancing, only really need one for jogging/running.
  • SirRunningShorts
    SirRunningShorts Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but runners with BB...... You kick *kitten*! I know it is hard, but bless you for everything you do! Keep up your fantastic work!
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I am a 38-40G....I have yet to find a sports bra that does much of anything for me. I tend to wear a non-underwire bra along with 2 sports bras....yeah, lots of fun! :laugh:
  • corrieville
    corrieville Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have DD's too and I use one from target that was 17 dollars and then I wear a tight compression top with a built in bra over that. I barely move.
  • srathfelder
    Options
    My daughter is about that size and bought a sports bra at Victoria Secret and she loves it.
  • Shannon2714
    Options
    Shock Absorbers - the MAX ones.

Keep my GG's well and truly anchored.

I've never heard of these....and you're the first one I've seen with jugs around my size!!!! I'm definitely going to check it out now!!
  • PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Yeeeah...you're going to have to shell out some cash.

I've got 40 D's and they HURT. They are too large for my frame, so yeah. I used a La Senza sports bra for a while, but they just wore out too quickly.

Lululemon ta-ta tamers are the BEST!!!!! =D =D =D My boobs stay still and I have had the best workouts EVER without my breasts hurting. They. Are. Awesome.
  • Shannon2714
    Options
    Hang in there, they will be the first to go. Promise.

This is not the case for me! :sad:
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    2 bras--- I regular, 1 sport (about a size smaller)--- Hang in there, they will be the first to go. Promise.
    Yep, she is right. I was a size G when I started loosing weight back in 2010 and now I am a small D cup. I LOVE it. I HATED having huge boobs!:bigsmile:
  • bymyslf892
    bymyslf892 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am a 40 DD and let me tell you where I found one that makes me look flat chested and my boobs DO NOT move. It's awesome. Lane Bryant. Seriously they have the best sports bras ever. Get the size top that you usually wear and that should work! Honestly I have never had a better bra!
    The link for the one I have is below. they're on sale now too!

http://www.lanebryant.com/cacique-plus-size-sexy-bras-intimate-apparel/performance-wear/racerback-sports-bra-by-marika-miracles-reg-/4043c17999p65071/index.pro?Mcatn=performance+wear&Mcatpn=cacique&Mcatg=category_root&Mcatp=cat_4043@6000&Mcat=17999@6000

Enjoy!
  • RawVeganFlirt
    RawVeganFlirt Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    might sound crazy but i wear 2 bras. my regular full coverage bra under a champion (personal favorite and was under 30 dollars) sports bra. also the tighter/thicker the sports bra the better the support is i noticed
  • commitment2me
    Options
    I would check out Title nine sports bras, they're spendy but well worth it! Titlenine.com
  • slowturtle1
    slowturtle1 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I use two bras. A normal underwire bra and a sports bra that is one size too small. Holds em tight in place- no jiggle. Occasionally I will have trouble with chafing underneath my boobs and I use body glide to deal with that. I get my sports bras at the running store and they cost about 54 bucks. I need the one that does up at the back, not the racer type as I cannot get those kinds on.

Just go to a store that sells sports bras and try them on. Jump up and down in the change room to make sure there is not a lot of movement.

I have fairly large breasts and the sports bra i use is made by Under Armor and its labeled for high impact. I got mine at ****s or Sports Authority and i paid about 45-50 bucks and it has lasted me over 2 years. Another good feature that sold me is that it zipper closes in the front and criss cross in back. Otherwise i cant get them off. This has been the easiest i found for large boobs and good suppport. My boobs barely move now.

^^^That sounds exactly like the bra I bought 2 years ago. Under Armor, zippered front, racer back. I was a 38DDD and bought an XL. I'm still wearing it even though I'm now a 34DDD, and it's still keeping the girls in control even when I jog or run. I've tried to go back to buy a Large now that I've lost the back fat, but they are always out of that style in that size. I highly recommend that bra!
  • bissabwell
    bissabwell Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    42DD here. I like Moving Comfort bras ($40-$50 range) Went to Fleet Feet today and got measured then tried on several styles. Moving Comfort was most comfy with best support. I had one a while ago but I'm bigger now and need the High Impact support even more now. Best advice is get measured and then try on several and give them the bounce test.
  • karinapeterson
    karinapeterson Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have a Bendon bra and just wear a tight fitting crop top cause otherwise I pop out of the top of the bra hehe. Damn age caused that. I am currently a D, used to be a DD. good luck in your search :)
  • musicalityphan
    Options
    Here's one more vote for the UnderArmour zip-up high-impact! I'm a 32DD, and even finding normal bras that are supportive enough in my size is difficult. I paid around $50 for mine about a year and a half ago and it's still going strong! =D