NEED TO LOSE 100 LBS OR MORE !

Options

Replies

• Freeurheart
    Options
    Very good thread .. happy to share my day with you :)

today is Saturday .. ok seems that i have to mention a victory and a +ve event :)

Last time i went to buy new outfits was on last June and i was VERY depressed as it was very hard out some good looking outfits that can fit on me :(

So today, after loosing around 20 lbs, i went out to do some new shopping, and things are not as bad as before, i had some wider options :) and i was able to buy 5 pieces at once :)

hope after the next 20 lbs , i can buy 10 pieces :)
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Thank you. :smile: I have moved the dress and will be having a talk with her here soon. :smile:
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Thank you. :smile: I have moved the dress and will be having a talk with her here soon. :smile:

Thanks to all that left me comments.
    Yes I really do like the dress.
    No it can't be returned.
    My future husband and I will be having a talk with her tomorrow.
    Yes she is rude and I have that.
    I wish I could tell her off, but then the whole family would hate me.

I have to remember why I am doing this. It's to be healthy to live longer.

• susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Saturday Success: Just made a yummy portobello mushroom pizza for lunch - sooo good. I also had some orange/yellow peppers with Cilantro & Jalapeno Hummus. I really enjoy eating healthy, flavorful food. When I make good choices, I feel really good. When I eat processed and junk food, I may feel good initially, but it's all temporary and so not good for me. I've really enjoyed reading the posts this week and cannot wait to continue learning from so many of you. Thank you for the inspiration.
  • tungsten93
    tungsten93 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your support, I'm over being upset, just praying someday he will mature. Even though I got upset, I was able to not eat over it which is what I would have done in the past. I'm finally able to set some boundaries over what I will take from people and not eat my anger. Hope everyone gets a good night sleep. Blessings to all.

Christine

Good for you and congratulations for keeping your eating under control during a stressful situation!

Saturday Success - I think I stayed under my calorie goal every day this week and only had beer twice. And I managed to make it to the gym 4 times this week and I'm still sore from Thursday's workout.
  • tigerlinly
    tigerlinly Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    well i have 150 lbs to lose so i guess that counts i'm tired of sabatoging my own self and telling the family dont let me fail keep me motivated well this time i think they are into really helping me because mom led me to this site and my sister just added a pool so i can get some excersice so i think i can make it this time
  • ShrinkRapt451
    ShrinkRapt451 Posts: 447 Member
    Options

Thanks to all that left me comments.
    Yes I really do like the dress.
    No it can't be returned.
    My future husband and I will be having a talk with her tomorrow.
    Yes she is rude and I have that.
    I wish I could tell her off, but then the whole family would hate me.

I have to remember why I am doing this. It's to be healthy to live longer.

May I make a small suggestion? Frame the talk this way: "I really appreciate the dress, it's gorgeous and I can't wait to wear it. I know that you were hoping to encourage me in getting healthier when you bought it too small, but pointing out how fat you think I am feels like a slap and not like support. So I want to let you know what sort of support and encouragement works for me." Then give her several very clear examples of what things she could say and do that WOULD feel like support. This approach gives her credit for good intentions (even if she doesn't have them, you have now created the expectation that she does). It sets boundaries about what is not okay and then gives her a roadmap for what is. Going forward, if she says something hurtful, you have several options. You can be selectively deaf and just keep talking as though she didn't say anything. You can stare at her without a word until she gets uncomfortable. You can say (stealing from Helen, I love this), "Did you mean that to be helpful or hurtful? Because it sounded hurtful." Your task is to keep your composure, no matter how you choose to respond.

Good luck!
  • AuntieVaVa
    Options
    RobinsEgg - thanks for doing the heavy lifting on keeping this thread going. Is there a "group" to join on MFP? I've posted on this thread but not sure that I've joined a group?

Thanks to all for the support, this is a great place!:happy:

Saturday NSV = I logged every single bite of everything I ate, drank, or chewed since I started on Monday (including today's cave in to Burger King temptation). I sure don't like those red numbers for today. I want to stay in the green.

This has been eye-opening....when I've "dieted" before I always tried hard to get "enough" protein. I see from logging my food that getting enough protein is not an issue for me. However, getting enough potassium is something I need to work on. (I bought bananas tonight at Kroger.) I also need to work on not ingesting so much sodium - is it just me, or do those sodium grams add up fast and lurk in even the unsuspecting places? Sure, I expected it to be in a pickle, but canned goods and frozen meals are loaded up with salt. yikes.

Happy Saturday evening to all...
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,131 Member
    Options
    Saturday Success --

Tomorrow is my weigh-in day so no official results yet but I'm sure I'll be able to log another little loss. As far as NSV, I don't have anything great to report. I do believe my huge tushy is a bit smaller. As I bend over to get things out of the lower cabinets in my kitchen my backside isn't running into as many things as it use to.

Wishing everyone success. Hope your weekend is going well.

Lin
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    @Auntie VaVa - thank you for your kind words. In answer to your question, this thread is all we have going. There is no Group associated with this thread. Others have started Groups as spin - off from this thread but they just don't seem to thrive. This thread seems to have amazing survival capabilities. I started in Aug. 2010!
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Saturday Success-- Two picnics today, and I am under my calorie allotment! Barely, but I'm there. There were lots of instances today where I made good choices. There is still plenty of room for me to make better choices, but I know that last year, a day like today would have been a washout. I'd have been over, feeling guilty tomorrow. Even if I would have made the same choices, I wasn't logging, and would have felt guilty for what I could have done better. BUT, I did start by having breakfast. Come to think of it, last year I would have skipped breakfast and placated myself that it "helped". I can certainly see today that a banana and a glass of V-8 didn't stop me from enjoying the festivities later. Today was planned for with a few tweaks. Not over. Many good choices. No guilt.
  • ArtemisXXII
    Options
    Saturday Successes: I managed to complete my food diary with less than 2500mg of sodium consumed three days this week. One less than I would have liked but three days is a good starting point. Especially now that I've discovered Kellogg's Frosted Mini Wheats has no sodium in a serving at all.

Looking forward to another great week.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Christine-Congrats on your success and not eating out your depression. You have come a long way in a short period of time. A great way to take control of life.

Karen- I love Cross Fit Activities- they have a great variety and can be done by anyone. My trainers uses the exercises with me many times. My least favorite is jumping but he modifies it so I can be successful- fear of falling forward stops my progress in that area. I will find some of the links he has sent me in the past regarding crossfit so you see for yourself. It is cool that your school system is promoting this program for its teachers and you mentioned that it will be on-site as well.

To all the teachers out there- Good luck with the start of the school year. May we all have a wonderful and successful year ahead. I start back on the 20th of August so not ready to go back.

Success- Today, I went to the Navy football Blue and Gold scrimmage game. It was at noon so I was a little hungry but I did eat a snack before I left. I overcame my desire for a soft pretzel, hot dogs, popcorn etc. I settled for my water because I wanted to eat correctly today. Normally, I would give in to the temptations and go for the pretzel but not today. I went to the grocery store after the game and did not buy the junk food either had a salad and some chicken tenders for lunch.

While leaving the grocery store today, I was talking to one of the employees near my car. As she started to walk away I noticed she was limping and she said she did not feel well. The next thing I knew she had fainted- just went down to the ground easily. I went in to the store to let them who fainted and to call an ambulance while other customers came to aid as well. Come to find out she had not eaten today and did not have any drinks either. Luckily, she did not hit her head on the ground and the ambulance is across the street literally. She was sitting up by the time they got there. The lesson to be gained from this experience- you need to eat and drink even when it is hot. She works inside and outside doing parcel pickup and was wearing long and heavy pants which did not help. She is doing okay but I will check with her the next time I see her.
  • vinsonh42
    vinsonh42 Posts: 125
    Options
    I would do personals but i am on my phone as my computer is being lame!

Saturday success... i had a friend over and didn't eat junk while he was here even though he offered to bring me some mcd's. I did a lot of work on my kitchen cabinets and with my friend being over i didn't get to work out but tomorrow is a new day!
  • CathEsh
    CathEsh Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    @monarchris ~ Congrats for fitting into your 3XL a little easier! Woot! Woot! It's funny that you should mention how your waist measurement seems to be down in your hips. When I belonged to WW, I watched a woman lose a lot of weight, and it seemed she lost from the face down. She literally got thin face first, then waist, then hips. Anyway, good for you for feeling a looser fit in clothing!

@tigerlinly ~ Yes, you can do it! I joined MFP only a month ago and have found it to be very helpful and the members of this forum very motivating! I think the biggest step is deciding you are going to do it. There is something about getting into that mindset. Once you make the determined decision to do it, you do it. (I hope, for me anyway!)

@alleycat ~ I'm glad your fiance will be talking to her as well. That speaks a ton (showing his support for you!)! :heart:

@robin ~ Thanks for introducing me to Weight Watchers chocolate dipped raspberry ice cream bars. They're like eating raspberry truffles, and oh so yummy! I would love to scarf the whole box but have managed to limit myself to one (or two).

Saturday success: It's back to work for me on Monday, so I went in yesterday and today to start setting up my classroom. I noticed that I had little difficulty climbing up and down on a chair as I decorated my walls! I remember last spring what a struggle it was climbing up and down on that chair when I was taking things down. I've done a ton of bike riding this summer (practically every day), and I contribute this success to acquiring muscles that are hidden somewhere in my thighs! :bigsmile:
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello Happy Saturday everyone!
    @Lin thanks for the info on the noodles.
    @monarchris--- Yeah for your clothes fitting looser!!
    @Robin thanks for all the hard work you do with this thread!

Saturday success -- Went with a friend to the Y we were there for 2 hours I was in the water for hour moving. the time just flew. It was so good. Than took our Bella Jo for a walk.

Food went ok took my daughter to Subway out of habit i order a foot long I don't eat a footlong only the 6inch, I want to eat the other half but I stop and thought about realise it could be saved for lunch tomorrow.

Everyone who is suffering Hugs to you and those who are having success I cheer with you.
    Thank you all for your time.
    Take care,
    Liz
  • Mom2Cubs
    Mom2Cubs Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm new here and this is definitely the thread for me. I need to loose around 150 lbs. I am starting TurboJam and Biggest Loser 10 minute videos. (10 in the morning and Turbo after work.) I hope to join a gym once I loose some weight. I have so many reasons to lose, but mainly, I need to do it for me. I also want to be an example to my kids. I have one that is heading down the same path as me. (9 years old and wearng a boys 16-18). I don't want him to grow up worryng about his weight so he is going to be my little work out buddy. However, it would also be nice to have adult friends and accountablity partners.
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    @skinnyJean I am also a long time Chicago Bears fan. I grew up in Illinois move when I was 27 years old but I have alway cheer for the Chicago Teams Cubs, Bears and Bulls.
  • andreabeatty
    Options
    It being 12:17 Im really stretching the Saturday Success part. Im sitting in a hotel room in Jersey having just gone to an AMAZING concert that went from 4:30 till 11 pm. Lots of dancing and fun. We did tailgate, starting at about 11 am. I ate breakfast before we left - See, Robin, I ATE BREAKFAST GO ME! SOme eggs and juice and fruit. I did have a couple of drinks at the taigate but I had packed myself a turkey sandwich on some good bread and had that instead of anything else being offerred. Then I had water through the concert, and when we got back to the hotel and I was hungry I had some cheese and turkey pepperoni. Were they the best choices? Maybe not. But when I considered the options I had in front of me all day I think I had some good resolve.

I'm a wreck right now so I'm hittin' the hay!! Too much dancing and woohooing!!!
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    It being 12:17 Im really stretching the Saturday Success part. Im sitting in a hotel room in Jersey having just gone to an AMAZING concert that went from 4:30 till 11 pm. Lots of dancing and fun. We did tailgate, starting at about 11 am. I ate breakfast before we left - See, Robin, I ATE BREAKFAST GO ME! SOme eggs and juice and fruit. I did have a couple of drinks at the taigate but I had packed myself a turkey sandwich on some good bread and had that instead of anything else being offerred. Then I had water through the concert, and when we got back to the hotel and I was hungry I had some cheese and turkey pepperoni. Were they the best choices? Maybe not. But when I considered the options I had in front of me all day I think I had some good resolve.

I'm a wreck right now so I'm hittin' the hay!! Too much dancing and woohooing!!!

GO ANDREA! HIGH FIVE!!! Sounds like you had a fabulous day full of good choices and I bet you boogied off those wise choices! I'm quite proud of you! :flowerforyou: