How to deal with unsupportive friends??

Options
13»

Replies

• Louiyen
    Louiyen Posts: 69
    Options
    Let the haters be your motivators. :D

exactly! I love all the discouraging comments from people around me. I get it daily and all the time from friends and family. but it doesn't bug one bit. Use that as motivation and prove them wrong!
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Kick her in the face!
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Isn't that like an oxymoron? Unsupportive Friends.

If she is not a positive force in your life, she is not a friend. Simple as that!

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:huh: ^ THIS exactly this....no other way around it. get some real friends:flowerforyou:
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Kick her in the face!

well to be honest ^this would have been my first reaction:smokin: thank God im an improving christian
  • Freyja2023
    Freyja2023 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone on this board that is saying that she isn't a good friend. I have lost a fair few on my weight loss path, but found new friends. The good lord gave you slopped shoulders for a reason so that others people *kitten* can slid on down. I have gotten in the habit of telling myself and people like that I learnt the hard way that b*tching about my weight didn't burn enough calories to make a difference so just get off your rump and do something about it
  • eviegreen
    eviegreen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Wow. I'm really not seeing any empathy at ALL for the OP's friend's situation. Was it rude of her to respond negatively to the OP's weight loss? Of course. But let's not forget that she's no doubt going through the emotional issues that come with wanting to conceive, being physically unable to, and being confronted with the long journey of weight loss on top of that. This is the kind of wake up call that makes people who are emotionally attached to food completely come apart, and it makes people lash out at others, even their friends. Can we show a little bit of sensitivity, please? Jeez.
  • Jeremy_
    Jeremy_ Posts: 36 Member
    Options
  • Jeremy_
    Jeremy_ Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Isn't that like an oxymoron? Unsupportive Friends.

If she is not a positive force in your life, she is not a friend. Simple as that!

Well said.