NEED TO LOSE 100 LBS OR MORE !

Options

Replies

• vidvox
    vidvox Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hey there... I must admit that I've been lurking on this thread for some time but have been shy to post. Thought I would get a post in before page 20 so I can be part of things "officially"! I've been doing MFP seriously for about a month now. My Saturday success would be that I've logged in and completed my charting for 15 days consecutively. Very proud of that. Hoping to get going a bit better on the exercise part this week. Big shout out to all the other teachers out there - I don't start back til after Labour Day (Ontario) but I know many are starting soon and I wish you all a spectacular year!:wink:
  • ravenlaramie
    ravenlaramie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    @raven--I bet as you stick to the more nutritious stuff, your taste buds will start to change. I really don't find a lot of junky foods as appealing even when I do give in and have some. At my last 5k, they provided a post-race snack of a cheese quesadilla and a small cake donut with sprinkles. The donut tasted DISGUSTING-- it was super greasy and sugary--the only reason I ate it was I needed the calories after the run and there were no other options available. If you told me a year ago that I would call a donut (ANY donut) gross, I would have laughed in your face, but I guess my palate is changing.

@Skinny Oh wow. Honestly, it's both hard to imagine right now and easy at the same time. I guess, because I'm new to all of this, I haven't quite gotten that far yet but I'm getting closer lol... Or most definitely trying to. I am excited to get to a point where junk food tastes gross to me. I really am.
    Cutting down on soda and finally getting it completely out of my diet was a huge step for me, and don't worry, you probably won't want it at all soon or even think about it after a few weeks.

@MaraDiaz I certainly hope so. I've slowly weened myself off of it and I'm substituting things like tea and lemonaid (stevia <3 lol) just because I don't like the blandness of water. I'm trying to drink more water though (I keep forgetting to track it though :/) and hoping I weened myself off of the soda slow enough that I don't get the caffeine headaches.

Sunday Share: Truthfully- Above anything else, I'm a gamer. Like hardcore gamer (not like the first person shooters though). I really like games that make me think- like some of the old nintendo games. I have to beautiful dogs (My lab is the one on my ticker thing- he's my baby Nero) and two very individual cats. The grey one is a bit of a loaner and thinks she runs the house and the other is possibly the MOST affectionate cat I've ever seen. He's all white. The other dog, Kenzie, is our beautiful female German Shepherd.

Both of the dogs are helping me to get fit lol. They LOVE to play... and play... and play.

I'm also blessed to have a very supportive family. My dad is a deputy for the local sheriff's office, mom works in insurance and my brother works with my uncle installing and maintaining garage doors. I love them all, but both my fiance and I want to follow in my dad's footsteps. What can I say? The man's my hero.

The only thing I don't want to follow in my dad's footsteps for is the fact that a few years ago we found out he's a type 2 diabetic. I don't want to have to stick my finger and inject insulin every day. To be honest- I am absolutely terrified of needles.
  • Believe1213
    Options
    OMG this thread moves so quick! I cant believe I havent been on here for a week . My computer at home has not been working sometimes it doesnt even turn on, So im taken advantage of it working now lol. I have been driving myself crazy or crazier then i already am if thats even possible. I took my entrance exam today for school in the fall. I was so nervous I go in on Friday for the results and scheduling it is going to drive me crazy till then I hope that I did ok I havent been in school in fifteen years. I havent weighed myself in a wk or so I work tonight so Ill weigh myself there I want to use the same scale. I have had a small nsv though the jeans that i bought two years ago that didnt fit then fit me now. Im going to try to catch up on here with my posts .

Monday- Ive been busy studing and working that seems to be all I do lately,
    Tuesday- My goals for this week were to drink water and exercise once daily . ( I managed to drink the water but not the exercise) I
    also wanted to log into the message boards all wk but my computer messed up
    Wedbesday- My wishes is that I didnt have so much on my plate right now but I also know that I put it there and alls I have to do is
    keep reminding myself that I am in control of my life noone else.
    Thursday- The truth is I know that I can do better and I will
    Friday- I have been walking extra at work at night to cover some cardio and believe me I run around like crazy even if it is a 12 hr
    midnight shift ( Im a nurses aide in a nursing home and its like the residents never sleep )
    Saturday- I have had my nsv of my jeans fitting. I dont see any change when I look in the mirror but my fiancee says he sees a
    difference in my legs cause of the way some of my shorts fit me.

Jeez that was alot!!! LOL!!!
    Today is Sunday, lets see to share something that I havent already.... Im 33 yrs old. Just now triing to figure out who I am . WHat I
    mean is Im finally looking out for me and not everyone around me. I finally want something for myself Is that wrong? SOmetimes I feel like im wrong for asking my kids to get out of my room so I can read or study or even do my exercises. I just want some time for me. My relationship with my fiancee has improved alot we dont agure as much . Proably cause we dont see much of each other. LOL..

CONGRATS to Everyone on their nsv and wieght-loss goals being hit.
    Thank you @Robin for setting up this thread u guys are very motivating I see how much success u guys have had and ur determination and I relize that I can do it too.
    @skinny- Thank you for giving me that image of teenagers cooking the food at fast food resturants I will think of that everytime I go by mcdonalds and I know that will stop me LOL

Sorry for taken up the whole page LOL
  • Believe1213
    Options
    OPPS forgot to add my monthly goals:

Nutrition: More Water and More fruits and veggis Less processed foods.
    Exercise: I need to get in 30 mins a day there will be no excuses this month.

I also need to set a personel goal which is to get on this thread and keep up with everyone, :drinker: :blushing: :flowerforyou:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @believe--glad the image of teens cooking is helpful :laugh: And congrats on the jeans fitting!!

@raven--so funny that I just read your message after coming home late night and finding Chinese take-away in the fridge (DH ordered it after I left for the evening). I decided to have an egg roll and crab rangoon and when I bit into the crab rangoon, I thought "oh, this isn't a very good batch." Then I took a bite of the egg roll and that tasted "off" to me as well. I was wondering if my husband ordered from a different place, or maybe they had changed some recipes. Then I read the thread and saw your quote of my post, and the little light bulb went off over my head (I swear if others were here, they would have seen it light up :laugh: ). I guess the Chinese take-away is the most recent casualty of my changed taste buds.

@vidvox--I grew up in Chicago where we never started back until after Labour Day, and I swear, even after 12 years of teaching in the suburbs, I still can't get used to starting back in August. It just seems inherently wrong to me! :laugh: Oh, and welcome to the thread--glad you made it in under the wire!

@liz--nice to see another Chicago sports fan on the thread--AND you picked the right baseball team!! (I'm a north-sider)

@laurie--thanks for the crossfit links! I've actually done some of those exercises in a class a colleague ran for some of us a few years ago, but he never referred to it as "crossfit" so I didn't realize what we were doing. Also, when I think of crossfit I think of these incredible competitions I've seen on TV where very super-fit people are running around swinging from bars and lifting weights, etc. I think some friends and I were in a bar and it was on TV--they were the ones who said it was a cult (they are all PE teachers, so I thought maybe they were in the know). I actually got a chance to talk to my godson about it tonight. He's a personal trainer, so I knew he would have some insight. He said crossfit has the "cult" reputation b/c some of the crossfit gyms/clubs are very high-pressure with their clients--pushing them to spend a lot of money, take more classes, join competitions, etc. But he assured me they aren't all like that. He did warn me that many trainers don't modify it enough for less fit clients (especially in group classes) so people often get hurt trying to keep up with routines that are too difficult for them. All in all, he gave me a lot of good questions to ask the reps who come to our school.

@artemis--good job with the sodium! However, I wish you hadn't told me that about Frosted Mini-wheats--they are my favourite cereal, but I gave them up when I started MFP b/c I can't be trusted to eat just one bowl. Well, back then, I couldn't-- I guess maybe I could be trusted now. I may need to test myself...but the fact that I'm getting so excited at the thought of buying a box makes me think it's probably not a good idea :blushing: .

@helen--great job at the picnics!! I also controlled myself at my cookout and even with some late night Chinese, I came in very close to my calorie goal.

Well, it's after 2am so I''d better get to bed!
  • SMA1978
    SMA1978 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm new to MFP and found this board. Guess it is good I found on Sunday. I can begin w/ telling you about myself. I am 34 years old, been married for 14 years and have 2 wonderful boys. Charlie, 12 and Jack 7. I have battled w/ weight for most of my life. I am tired of being tired! So now it is time to get serious. I want to enter my later 30's a healthier and happier person. I will sign off for now and save more info about myself for other Sunday's. Afterall, with 100+ pounds to loose I will be here for a while!

Susan????????????
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,125 Member
    Options
    Okay, a squirrel just scooted by my patio windows and up a post of the deck and looked at me a little while. Think he was looking for an invitation in for breakfast? HEY BUDDY---no breakfast in here until one hour after thyroid med. Move on!!

A bit about me. Female, 60 on the slide to 61, divorced. Lost my job during the bank meltdown, actually on my birthday in 2008. So in a former life I was a research analyst doing economic forecasting for metro areas primarily in the Southeast and applying those forecasts to supply/demand forecasts for commercial real estate across four main property types---industrial, office, retail, and apartments. Quant woman.

Love to read, love to sing (although for now I only do that in private) and I can sit in front of a computer for hours.

I'm curious as to how many of us are authorized users on this thread. I cannot even hazard a guess.

Okay, going to go and talk to the squirrel if he's still out there. Later.

Lin
  • SaniD
    SaniD Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sunday share: I'm enjoying attending a local Unity church. I really like it, but I'm having a hard time overcoming a life long spiritual phobia.

@madmoosegirl I would love to get back in the pool but I have a bathing suit phobia! Are you going to do laps? I also hear aquatic exercises are great but I've never really tried them, have you?

@janak2004 congrats on the morning exercise routine. I've just recently moved my exercise to the morning, and I actually like it. I thought I wouldn't

@monachris Enjoy walking Belle! I have two miniature schnauzers. I should get in the habit of taking them on longer walks! There walks tend to just be for business...

@maradiaz congrats I guess that's called restructuring without loss of mass?

@Robinsegg wow! Glad I just made it in time! Now I feel even more of a call to contribute to the thread

@ravenlaramie I had to do the same thing with wine. It was just empty calories: a total waste!

@naceto I'm glad you are catching up again with your weight loss... I think it speaks volumes when you can ride the ups and downs without losing sight of the big goal!

@alanakerr01 congrats on the tracking. I do pretty good on the calories but need help getting the nutrients in balance!

@jtconst congrats on resisting nighttime snacking. It's a struggle for me too! In fact, I lost the battle last night. I'll think of you next time the urge hits

@heatheraryan enjoy the fitbug! I wear a fitbit and I really like it but its more expensive than a fitbug. Sometimes I forget to track my sleep though. I think I'm just too tired to push the button at night! I know, pathetic, right

@skinnyjeanzbo enjoy the dancing. I love to dance, but I can only tolerate so much jiggling so I won't be dancing for a while longer :(

@freeurheart congrats on the fashion options...one of the reasons I want to lose weight is because I want to cultivate an interest in clothes. Are guys allowed to be interested in fashion?

@susan2396 I too love flavorful food. Last night ai had ratatouille with some jalapeño in it. My partner does most of the cooking. He can do an excellent job, but sometimes it is a struggle keeping him on the healthy task

@auntievava I like that you are watching ALL the nutrients. I need to work on that

@linder4866 I'm also just doing a weekly weigh in

@helenantrumdom congrats on the good picnic choices

@artemis22 congrats on the sodium. Suddenly I have hypertension so I also need to watch it!

@lauriek70 that's scary! I'm afraid of medical emergencies...sounds like you handled it well

@vinsonh42 does this count as a personal?

@cathesh what do you teach?

@lizmil79 the pool sounds nice. It's 100+ here

@andreabeatty I'm new to eating breakfast too. I've discovered egg beaters

@vidvox congrats on the regular logging

@ravenlaramie I love dogs! I have two schnauzers myself

@believe1213 I strongly believe we have to take care ourselves first, but I'm just now learning how

@SMA1978 welcome! I'm new too

@linder4866 I love to sing too, but I'm even afraid to to it in private
  • janak2004
    janak2004 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Sunday Share:

So I totally have the BEST boyfriend on the planet! He just bought me Brantley Gilbert tickets for when he comes to Jackson for the fair in October! However, the stipulation to them is that I have to finish my 5K in September. If finishing a 5K is all that stands between me and Brantley, no worries. That race won't know what hit it! *swoon*

Alright, let me get back on track...I'm Jana. I'm 26. I'm a teacher (who has already started back btw), and I'm currently training for my very FIRST 5K! (I am on Week 4: Day 2 today!) I'm super excited about it! I joined MFP in January of this year and just recently started using the message boards a few weeks ago. I am so glad I did because I feel more want to stay under my goal and exercise than I think I would if it were just me on my own. It always seems to help when you talk with people with a similar goal. I could talk to my skinny friends about this, but they just don't understand what I'm going through.

About the taste changes that @skinnyjeanz mentioned, mine have TOTALLY changed! Foods that I used to like, like McDonald's no longer have the same taste and I actually can't handle the grease anymore. I have successfully been without a soft drink for over a month now. I think I took a little sip of one recently, but it was just too sweet for my taste. I'll happily stick with my water and milk.

I think that's all for today! I hope everyone has a great day! Keep setting your goals, meeting them, and drinking that water! :) And a big congrats to all of those who have lost weight this week! Keep going! :)

~ Jana
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    @SaniD - what a wonderful way of responding to so many people - I am just going to second all of your lovely sentiments to all the people you commented to. And to you, you are doing so well for yourself - I like that you are making changes in your whole life, not just in the eating department. That tells me you will be very successful!

My Sunday Share: I have been doing this for two years and have lost 40 lbs. Since I re-committed myself to this healthy lifestyle I have been below calories all week, eaten veggies every day, and have swum twice. I am so excited to have all of you on this journey. Without MFP I couldn't have gone this far. For me, it has been difficult. I have fallen off the wagon in a major way three times, gaining back weight over the first Christmas by the tune of 9 lbs, and had to work that back off. I sure learned from that lesson and I sailed thru last Christmas season like a trooper, not gaining one pound. But two other events tripped me up, a special vacation, and moving from an apartment to a condo - which was super stressful. That event led me to gain 8 lbs back three months ago, but I am happy to say I have lost that weight now. I also spent some long periods on plateaus.

I had been resistant to exercise for a long time, and that slowed my weight loss. I hope this little saga of my weight loss journey shows that for some people it is not always an easy journey. It depends on your own lifestyle and your learning curve. The biggest pitfalls are the Holiday seasons and the especially stressful times in your lives. If you have an action plan in place ahead of time it is a big help. A full cupboard of healthy food really helps too! :drinker:
  • sherry009
    Options
    Hi,my name is Sherry and I just turned 50 in July,was so depressed about it and how I looked I did not celebrate that day at all,I told everyone before I didnt want anyone to remind me,it was a day I was so happy to end!! so Im thinking,what am I doing? I can at least make myself look better,and just feel as old as I look,and with weight loss and good eating habits and exercise I can feel younger so here I am,I hope I can meet people who can help me stick with it!!! so far I havent been doing so good on my eating and its been a little over a week that I started this,I did make a goal to start walking 1 mile a day and I have stuck with it,every morning I get up and first thing I do is walk my mile!! I also want to start drinking 100 ozs of water a day,that I havent done yet,so this week I am going to work on that very hard!!
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I just logged all my Saturday food on the Sunday date s068.gif
    Well that is fixed:happy:
    I better get ready to go to the Farmer's Market which opens soon, MrsMorgori :love: is still sleeping so I may have to make all my own choices. At least there are many good choices there and not too many bad ones.
    I'll be back later.
  • AuntieVaVa
    Options
    Happy Sunday...

Thanks to everyone for being so inspiring. It helps to know that other people are fighting the same battle as I am. And to see some of you winning battles and moving closer to winning the war, it restores my hope that all is not lost.

Sunday's Sharing - I am sixteen days away from turning the big 5-0. I don't feel 50...mentally I feel about 37. Physically some days I feel about 85 - stiff joints, knees that ache, not able to get up off of the couch without help, and exhausted by even a 5-10 minute walk. I hope that as I continue to lose weight and get healthy those things will improve. I ordered a pedometer last night from Amazon so I can better keep track of my movement.

I ate Burger King last night and it (a) tasted good...for about 30 seconds; (b) made me feel sick to my stomach an hour later; (c) is making my feet and ankles swollen this morning; and (d) caused me to gain back 1.8 pounds that I had worked hard to lose. The BK meal looked ugly when I logged it in my food diary last night, and it looks even uglier today on the scale and in my ankles.

Today, I am on a mission to clean the house, scrub, vacuum, dust, and clear all the clutter - an appraiser is coming tomorrow evening to inspect the house for my refinancing and I want everything to be perfect. I am also going to make a turkey chili today - I want to be able to freeze individual servings so that I always know that I have something good in the house to eat for dinner (and thus, NO reason to drive thru anywhere).

Off to chop some onions....
  • CelticHippo
    CelticHippo Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    so I have just caught up after being at a festival for the weekend (and my phone died so I couldn't log), so Friday Fitness...not much as at the festival, but did make sure I walked round the festival field several times

Sunday Share: So I am a 36 uear old who is back trying to lose weight and now that the festival is over I am focused on my food intake and get my exercise levels up. Hopefully should go well as no major events for the next few days
  • ladyfingers73
    ladyfingers73 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I would love some more buddies!
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    @Raven - I'm another one with the changing tastebuds.

I find that the more real food that I eat the worse processed foods taste to me. Regular soda tastes WAY too sweet and diet soda tastes too chemically. I've snitched a few fast food fries/onion rings from co workers and they leave a gross greasy coating on the tongue. How did I never notice that before?

The biggest change was chocolate. I treated myself to a little square and it tasted off. I thought perhaps a better quality wouldn't taste bad so the next time I was in town I got an expensive imported bar and it didn't taste any better..... that's HUGE for me. I was a major chocoholic.

Food that I always thought were bland taste pretty darn good. Baby carrots are really very sweet and strawberries really don't NEED to be dipped in chocolate, they taste amazing all alone. Cauliflower ROCKS raw with a tiny dip of my homemade ranch on it..... You'll absolutely enjoy real food once you get yourself off the junk. :smooched:

Sunday Intro: I'm Kris, I'm 39, divorced, and am the crazy cat lady who putters around the apartment on weekends talking to the cats.
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I WOKE UP TODAY WITH VERY LITTLE PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

I need a dancing emoticon! :wink:

So - I am off to the Renaissance Festival, and shall post a proper Sunday Share upon my return. In the meantime, please forgive me while I pat myself on the back, toot my own horn and throw myself a parade! :happy: I'm sorry, I'm just so incredibly happy right now.. so please forgive me if I am a little silly.:blushing:

I wish you all a WONDERFUL Sunday, filled with success and joy! :drinker:
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. It is so inspiring to read everyones posts every morning. I was arguing with myself about this overwhelming need for lots of salty fatty bacon with breakfast and then after reading this I went and made my green smoothie and I am not regretting the bacon at all. Well not to much, lol. I am going to a family bbq this afternoon but am not anticipating it being to much of a problem. I tend to do most of the cooking for family functions so I will be in charge of most of the side dishes. My whole family is changing their eating habits whether they like it or not,lol. Actually though there are tons of really good recipies out there that aren't loaded with fat and sugar and so far my fanily has loved everything I have tried. So lets see something personal. I am a wife and mother of three and about to be a 40 yr old empty nester. My baby leaves for college in wyoming in September. I am taking this milestone in my life to make alot of positive changes. My husband works on a fishing boat in alaska so is gone 6-8 monthe of the year so it is finally time for some ME time. Congrats to everyone who met their goals for the week and lets all keep up the good work.
  • monarchris
    monarchris Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Hello to all, hope you are enjoying your Sunday. I can't believe the number of teachers we have in this group. Go educators go! I lost another lb, yipeee:happy: :happy: :happy: Sunday share: I'm a KC Royals and Chief's fan. Also cheering for our soccer team, Sporting Kansas City (hate the name though). My days are spent in front of my computer most of the time as I am disabled, on oxygen and have a hard time doing a lot. I was able to get 4 walks with Belle last week and that has been amazing to me. Just picture this 267 lb old lady with her walker on wheels, oxygen dangling from the seat with a little cream and tan pom. on a leash.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

@skinnyjeanz, thanks for the noodle link, you are always an inspiration for me.
    @Alleykat way to go for moving the dress, let us know how the talk goes, we support you.
    @Susan I love portobellos too, the pizza sounded wonderful, how did you fix it?
    @tungsten sounds like you had a great week!
    @Auntie Great NSV. Making us aware of what we are putting into our bodies is one of the "gems" of MFP.
    @lin great NSV you always motivate me.
    @Helena great NSV
    @Artemis keep up the good work.
    @Laurie great NSV at the scrimmage and grocery store, scary about the lady fainting though, good lesson.
    @vinson turning down McDs was great NSV although the thought of it now kind of turns my stomach, tastes and body preferences do change.
    @Cath Great NSV
    @Liz great work out at the Y and walking the dog. When I go to Subway I like to buy the 12" so I have 2 meals.
    @Andrea sounds like you had a blast!
    @Raven sounds like you have some great support and good goals to work toward.
    @Robin I know this has been said time and again, but thank you so much for moderating this forum. It is a life saver.
    @SaniD Have you read the book "Change Your Brain, Change Your Body" by Dr. Daniel Amen? It is a great book, I'm learning a lot about how to take care of my brain to make my body healthier.
    To all newbies hang in there, log your food religiously, drink your water and come back here for support and motivation.
    Will catch those I missed on the next round.
    Love you all,
    Christine
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    @ naceto-s022.gifdance013.gif
    Eat a turkey leg for me at the Renaissance Festival:smile:

@jtconst- I bet you get some of that good Alaskan fish, the kind I spend $20 a lbs. for.:ohwell:

Just got back from the Farmer's Market

FrarmersMarket-2.jpg