Your Annoyances

Options

Replies

• bestbassist
    bestbassist Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Drunk chicks who tell me to "smile" because I look too serious when I am playing a gig. Really? I don't tell them to sit down because they look like stupid, fumbling drunk idiots. And why should I smile when no one is making me laugh?

Stoic is my happy face, damnit.
  • bestbassist
    bestbassist Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    People who use "text" language in posts (ex. c u l8tr. ur gr8t).
    People who write "I need to loose weight."
    And, finally, people who do not know the difference between your and you're.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Amen.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Every time I see my family they ask when I'm going to have kids. Yes, my sisters and my mother had kids by my age, and yes I have been married for 4 years, BUT i'M ONLY 25! I HAVE PLENTY OF TIME! My sisters are seriously mad that my kids and their kids won't be growing up together. If it was that improtant to you, then why did you have kids so young?! It's not my fault you wanted a kid at 18, my sisters are 5 and 8 years older than me!
    My dad can be the worst sometimes, "You need to have kids before I die, I want to have grandkids from you." You're 52 and in good health! Unless there's some sort a freak accident, you will not die before I have kids!
    GAHHH!

Thanks for letting me rant :-)
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Box stores that check your receipt on the way out -- umm...I paid for it, therefore it is now legally mine, and you don't have the right to search it without cause. Plus it's really insulting. I'm talking to you, Costco -- that's the only reason you don't get my money.

Smokers that make me walk through their headache-and-cancer-inducing stench cloud to get to wherever I need to go.

People who walk r e a l l y slow, yet spread themselves out across the entire path so no one can pass.

Conversational black holes that will not let you escape talking with them without being incredibly rude.

People who "pop in" unannounced. My home is my sanctuary--knock at your own risk.
  • heykaraoke
    heykaraoke Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm annoyed by the dream I had last night where I was rich and drunk and dating a brainy Joe Manganiello and now I'm none of those things and I have a sprained ankle. It's not quite on the level of hating a whole country but I could pick a country to hate if I absolutely had to!

lol!

I am annoyed by people chewing loudly. Absolutely maddening.
  • ccole4
    ccole4 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    A few... People who ask obvious ridiculous questions(lost my phone..where did u leave it last...uhm if i knew that i wouldnt be looking duh) Peopl who take their child(ren) places in a nasty saggy diaper and no clothes(tacky...poor babies) People who believe every bit of garbage fed to them while there are people out there making a ton of money on their fears(mayan calendar 2012..world ending y2k etc)
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My young, noisy co-workers who talks nothing other than their married lives & pushing others such as me to get married since I'm the oldest & also the only one who is in the 30's (as if married life is that easy).
    I'm only 24 and have already had the 'when are you having kids' lecture.

I told them I wasn't. Queue disappointment and sighs.

My mom used to constantly ask my sister when she was having kids. My sister finally figured out a way to shut her up : "Every time you ask that, I'm adding one month to the date!"
  • missworld95
    missworld95 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    People in general.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    People who walk really slow...right in the middle of the passageway,like the grocery store or even the airport. They tend to travel in packs and stop unexpectedly for no discernible reason. I hate them all.
    The people I work with who will leave a tiny amount of something in the container in the walk-in...so they don't have to actually take an empty pan to the dishwasher.....since of course SOMEONE will clean up after them. That's not my job, and I am not your mother...(except for the one whose mother I am, but she doesn't do that) .
  • NorthcN
    NorthcN Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The phrases "just saying" or "fact" after a sentence. It also doesn't help that when people use "fact" at the end of there sentence its either false or something taken way out of context.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Slow drivers!
  • MessyLittlePanda
    MessyLittlePanda Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    People who use "text" language in posts (ex. c u l8tr. ur gr8t).
    People who write "I need to loose weight."
    And, finally, people who do not know the difference between your and you're.

Oh yeah. Unless you're dyslexic, their is no eckscuse 4 bad grammer n spelin.

Kids running riot in restaurants - hey up lazy parents, just because YOU have chosen to allow your kids to become feral little brats, does not mean you have the right to allow them to ruin other people's enjoyment of eating out. If they can't behave, you have two options: 1) teach them some manners, and bring them a book/colouring/game, something that they can do at the table if they're bored, or 2) keep them at home and only eat out at McDonalds.
  • dusty_712001
    dusty_712001 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    People that say "I could care less" rather than "I couldn't care less". If they could care less, then they do care to a certain extent.
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    People who don't EAT! They'll just end up making themselves ill and the weight loss won't be sustainable!
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    People in general.

mwhahaha! I think I love you!
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    When people say "preggo" or "preggers" . Use the real words people! Text speak goes in with that.

Also, parents who let their children do whatever they want when in public. I work in retail and have seen far too many annoying children running around distroying the store with the parents not even caring. Don't bring your children out in public if they aren't behaved or you aren't willing to teach them manners!

And those who ask "What do you mean?" when there's only one way to take what you just said,.
  • JLWesterlund
    JLWesterlund Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Arrogant, early 20-something co-workers who think it is absolutely appropriate to:
    1. wear flip-flogs and tank tops to an office environment
    2. believe an 8 am start time really means 8:45 to them
    3. leaving dirty dishes in the break room when there is a functional diswasher
    4. leaving the coffee pot empty on the burner
    5. texting while having a conversation or meeting with real people
    6. watch uTubes videos or updating Facebook during work hours
    7. beliving they do not have to work their way up the ranks becuase they just graduated with a degree and they think they should make $100K a year just like their 50 year old parents
    8. there are many more but i can no longer type through my blinding rage

~~ a hard-working 35 year old
  • jshort152
    Options
    You: "I'm sorry to hear that"
    Them: "It's okay, it's not your fault"

No $@#% Sherlock, its called sympathy, I had nothing to do with why your all upset but I'm trying to be a friend, grr!
  • DaneDillinger
    DaneDillinger Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    People in general.

Jean-Paul Sartre stated that "Other people are hell." He's sort of right. "People" aren't really the problem, it's their accompanying douchebaggery.
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    You: "I'm sorry to hear that"
    Them: "It's okay, it's not your fault"

No $@#% Sherlock, its called sympathy, I had nothing to do with why your all upset but I'm trying to be a friend, grr!

THIS makes me want to smack them right in the face!

My annoyance is the term "skinny fat"..... stfu skinny fat people - seriously!