What is your HONEST reason for losing weight??????

Options

Replies

• gmpuggles
    gmpuggles Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I don't want to die young like my dad did, and tired of wearing "fat" clothes.
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I want to look hot....pretty simple LOL
  • nellraf
    nellraf Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I want to fit into my cute clothes (and skinny jeans!). I want to look great in a bikini, wear a tank top and shorts and rock them! And, it would definitely help me run faster!
    Oh, and then there's that long-term health thing...
  • AwesomeMoJo
    AwesomeMoJo Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    First is my health...my cholesterol was very bad and my asthma HORRIBLE

2nd to look pretty...not sure I could get to the HOT level...lol...

Now my asthma has improved with a lot of hard work..so that is a PLUS in addtion to working towards prettyl status...
  • tannyasawyer
    tannyasawyer Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    For right now, I'm not comfortable in my own skin. As a kid/teen, I was pretty skinny. There was around a year where I felt I was 'the right shape and figure', but needless to say it passed me by so fast. I don't want to go back to as skinny as I was, but I'm very aware feeling the difference. And I hate it.

I hate buying clothes 'because they fit'. I would like to buy clothes I like which fit nicely and are comfortable.

Am also hoping to start a family soon - hubby and I are adamant that we don't want our kids to be couch potatoes. We want to get them up and about to have fun, rather than sat in from of the TV or PC. We'd like to be adventurous with the kids and pick out and try new and interesting foods, invent our own recipes and be 'happy and healthy'.
  • OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    It hurt to walk, to do normal every day things, to play with my kids.

Looking at pictures of myself, I was disgusted in what I saw...ugh.
  • denise032
    denise032 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    1- tired of being fat
    2- health (high bp and cholesterol run in my family)
    3- want to be able to play sports as long as I possibly can
    4- anxiety & self esteem issues
    5- clothes shopping is just oh so much more pleasurable and desirable
    6- to look dead sexy (fat *kitten* voice)
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Very close brush with Heart attack and 2 stents, on the one hand and 4 young grand children on the other.

Enough reasons
  • babybs
    babybs Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Because I'm a 30 year plus smoker and I want to quit, really quit.

My brother and sister are both overweight and I've been lucky enough to stay slim, I'm sure the smoking helped. My past endeavors to quit smoking have been side lined because as soon as I gain 5 pounds I start smoking again. This time I did things differently. About 8 weeks prior to my quit date I started using this site and counting calories. Then an exercise program got incorporated into my life next. Before even quitting I was in the habit of eating right and exercising. So, I am now on day 18 smoke free and I have not gained a pound. I know this time is going to be the last time I have to deal with this issue!!!
  • argenterie
    argenterie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    The real, honest reason: I want to look sexy again. *sigh*
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    To look better shirtless.
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    1- Vanity
    2- Health
    3- My Kids

You asked for honest!
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    1. vanity
    2. it'll be easier to ride the bike up hills
    3. limit the damage diabetes has done/is doing/ will do to my body
  • Ravenclaw2012
    Options
    The number one reason was vanity and wanting more confidence, I had been battling with my weight for a decade and having that issue from such a young age has made it nearly impossible to see myself any other way even now that I'm at my goal. So if I gained it back it would absolutely destroy any shreds of confidence I'm gaining and then some. But another reason that should be more important is the fact that Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, heart problems, and bad cholesterol ALL run through my family like wildfire and I just knew if I didn't try to take off my excess weight while I was still young I wouldn't be able to take all the preventative measures I can against my many genetic downfalls. Also a new reason came up recently to get in good shape instead of just looking thin, There is a mission trip in Costa Rica with my church next summer and I really want to go and do good but it's a LOT of work and I just don't know if my body is up to it. That needs to change!
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    My clothes were not fitting well during the start of Springtime. Also, my sister is getting married in 2 weeks and I need to be in a strapless matron of honor dress!
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I wanted to avoid the whole dead by 50 thing!
  • danyeinarson
    Options
    Honestly, I want to go to Toronto next year for school, and not feel as if people are looking at me and stereotyping me. In my first 'bout of college, I was one of two girls in my program. Of course, the other girl was skinny, tanned, and beautiful. I was in television-broadcast, and all the guys always put her in front of the screen and me in the background. I had the brains, I had the on air personality, but I wasn't pretty enough to be wanted on screen. I guess this put a huge damper on my self esteem, and I don't want people to look at me and use my weight as a barrier to do something.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I feel like we've just been through this.

Oh, wait... we have...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/696827-be-honest?hl=honestly
  • joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    pure vanity, i want to be ripped
  • angrodriguez92
    angrodriguez92 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I wanna look good naked =P