i need help my partners eating dorriiitoooss ffs!!!

Options

Replies

• hellosara08
    hellosara08 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Count out a portion and have some. It won't kill you.

I don't understand why people think they can dictate what others eat around them. This is YOUR decision and not theirs. Talking about spraying Windex on food is simply childish.

Um.... I have totally sprayed Windex on food that I couldn't control myself around or when I was in the middle of a binge :laugh:. *shrugs* Childish, though it may be, it totally worked 'cause I didn't eat it. Whatever works, right?
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Get Windex and spray it in the bag.

Brilliant...now end/
  • wjimenez10869
    Options
    Lick his fingers and record 5 calories
    Hahahahaha. I will keep this in mind if I'm in the same situation.
  • krissagray
    krissagray Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    just eat some. it wont kill you

I know this is said in a supportive way and means well by it BUT I have to say, this is my LEAST favorite comment I hear all the time. The other day at a meeting, someone brought in brownies. (later learned they also had a cookie dough bottom and an entire reese cup under the brownie...so it wasn't JUST A LITTLE BROWNIE.) I casually said, "wow, those look good." Then about 10 people chime in, "JUST EAT IT. IT WON'T KILL YOU." Or, "YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE. EAT A BROWNIE."

These comments drive me nuts. Obviously I know a brownie wont will me. However, eating that "ONE brownie" every time its around WILL kill progress. That ONE brownie was probably 300+ calories. Yes, I wanted to eat 5 of them. But what do I want MORE? Abs.
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options

This. As long as you don't eat the whole bag, and log your calories...there's no reason to deprive yourself. That's how people fail at losing weight...
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Dear lord, is this theme day or something? LOL

He's not eating them in front of you or mocking you with them, just eating them in the other room. So, go for a walk :)
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I have asked my hubby to only buy flavors of chips that I don't like. Same with cookies. It actually helps.

If he was eating my fav, while sitting next to me, I would have to leave the room (or he would, LOL!)
  • MMKE4ever
    MMKE4ever Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    he says hes doing me a favour eating them before i get to them

^^^This is something my husband would say. ugh :grumble:
  • suzieqcookie
    suzieqcookie Posts: 314 Member
    Options

LOVE THAT! best laugh i've had all day
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Burn some calories and make room for Doritos!!!

Exactly what I would do.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options

If someone tried that with me, they'd be in the ER getting a bottle of Windex removed from their posterior.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Get up and move?
  • innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I would tell him to GTFO or start supporting you including not eating foods like that right in front of you. Kick 'em where it counts. (=

And you can have doritos, in the right amount. ;D
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I would tell him to GTFO or start supporting you including not eating foods like that right in front of you. Kick 'em where it counts. (=

And you can have doritos, in the right amount. ;D

.... so you want to control what food another person eats? weird.
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Haha I love when people suggest drinking water will make you full and dull your craving. HA!!! I say! :noway:

I would suggest getting out of the house......and make him take out the trash! :explode:

Tried water method. Now pissed off AND having to piss....FAIL
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    The next time he's eating his Doritos try this to curb you appetite.
    Makes 1 serving
    3 tbsp unpopped kernels
    1 tbsp grated parmesan
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp paprika
    1 tsp oregano
    1 tsp salt
    1tsp chives

Directions
    Pop 3 tbsp unpopped corn kernels, in paper bag, no oil necessary. Place in large bag and sprinkle on pizza toppings. Shake until popcorn is evenly covered.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Its times like this I am glad I DONT like Doritos. :) Hang in there!!
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    eurgh i need a rant and to write this to make myself busy.. he is sat next to me munching on doritos and galazy chocolate and chocolate milkyway stars.. i can smell the doritos and they'r making my stomach grumble...
    ahhhh help me please in this time of need lol!!!

emily x

get up, get something healthy, and eat it. This will take away the grumbling in your stomach.
  • Cese27
    Cese27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options

I know this is said in a supportive way and means well by it BUT I have to say, this is my LEAST favorite comment I hear all the time. The other day at a meeting, someone brought in brownies. (later learned they also had a cookie dough bottom and an entire reese cup under the brownie...so it wasn't JUST A LITTLE BROWNIE.) I casually said, "wow, those look good." Then about 10 people chime in, "JUST EAT IT. IT WON'T KILL YOU." Or, "YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE. EAT A BROWNIE."

These comments drive me nuts. Obviously I know a brownie wont will me. However, eating that "ONE brownie" every time its around WILL kill progress. That ONE brownie was probably 300+ calories. Yes, I wanted to eat 5 of them. But what do I want MORE? Abs.
    ^^THIS
  • kairisika
    kairisika Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    This. As long as you don't eat the whole bag, and log your calories...there's no reason to deprive yourself. That's how people fail at losing weight...

It depends on the person. Some people find it better to satisfy a craving by eating a little of it.
    Others know full well that they struggle with 'a little', and find it far better to resist certain foods completely. Different people work differently, and one way isn't for everyone.

And if a partner supports one's attempt to eat properly, it would certainly be kind of the partner to do any eating of Doritos or other known temptation foods out of one's presence. It's not controlling someone else's food. It's requesting help in something that's difficult.