women getting a sweat on at the gym

Options
Id say im in fairly good shape but ive noticed that compared to other women at the gym, i sweat a hell of alot more! By the end of my workout i always have sweat patches on m y back and abs.rarely see other women breaking a sweat! Just wondered about other peoples experiences

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I take a towel. I drip at the gym.

Today was a cardio day (slept in too late to run outside). I ran 8miles on the treadmill and was leaving little droplets on the belt.
    My towel was soaked by the end.
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    My view is if your not sweating your not working out hard enough. Forget about those "I don't sweat when I work out cuz I wore makeup and did my hair to go to the gym" types, when your looking awesome and they're still doing the same lame elliptical they always do, you'll be happy you sweated so much :)
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    i`m soaking by the time I leave the gym
  • Avistew
    Avistew Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I don't sweat a lot. It's annoying sometimes because I know I work hard and I feel like you can't tell by looking at me. But in the end what matters is that you know you're working your hardest, I guess :)
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I sweat too when I keep my heart rate up. :)
  • tundeke
    tundeke Posts: 80
    Options
    You work hard and they just float their hair on the treadmill! Lol :laugh:
  • Superbritt2drescu
    Superbritt2drescu Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I wear my soaking sweat stained spots with pride. Yes, I'm that red faced, panting girl.
  • PinkEnvyx
    PinkEnvyx Posts: 172
    Options
    Could be the clothes? I dont go to the gym but when i go outside I sweat bad in the 90 and above heat so I put money into getting workout bras and clothes that really help hide the sweat and never sleeved clothes till winter.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    i am drenched in sweat no matter where or when i work out.....it could be 20 degrees out and i still drenched....i work hard and i don't care how sweaty and nasty i look when i am done.
  • karinapeterson
    karinapeterson Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I wear my soaking sweat stained spots with pride. Yes, I'm that red faced, panting girl.

With ya there, I love being the one walking out looking like I have done something! Proud of me :)
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I feel like this in my Zumba class! Anytime I work out I sweat like crazy (especially in my face) and I get really red.
  • Mcampbell75
    Mcampbell75 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I sweat pretty easily too. And to add to that, I'm rather pale and get a lovely shade of red! At least I know I'm being productive.
  • angelalf1979
    angelalf1979 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I sweat a lot. Almost too much sometimes. I wear a bandana that starts right at my hairline and one on my right wrist so I can wipe of the sweat from alllllllll over my face and neck and even cleavage. Lol
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I found that when I was at my heaviest, I barely sweated during my workouts (though I would get extremely red). Now, I'm dripping within a few minutes. Not sure why.

If you're ever feeling self-conscious about it though, you should work out with my mom (who is a serious fitness and weightlifting buff); she sweats so much the ground is soaked within a two-foot radius around her!
  • clc136
    clc136 Posts: 5
    Options
    Well thats reassuring haha, cheers ladies :p there is nothin more annoying than seein someone with a face plastered with nakeup and perfect hair at the gym! Not what you should be,there for
  • mrsmark2010
    Options
    I am drenched in sweat. It was so bad that my hubby bought me an industrial size fan for our basement after seeing me during Insanity workouts. At the gym, the trainer "can tell it was a good workout if you look like you already showered."
  • rocksyraeis
    Options
    I sweat an incredible amount however i dry almost immediatly after my heart rate goes down. They are sweating ;) its just a matter of the type of clothing they are wearing, how their skin looks when they sweat they could look dry but if u went and touched them im sure youd be surprised lol
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I sweat A LOT, especially while running. I have sweat dripping from every pore of my body. lol
  • cybelenoire
    cybelenoire Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Oh girrrrl I sweat like the proverbial lady of the evening in a house of worship. Red faced, drenched, clothes soaked...yep. That's me.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    during my teens, i would barely sweat. Track and field, basketball or soccer, it did not matter which sport, i barely sweat at all.

Now in my 30s, i sweat easily during my bootcamp classes.... i wonder if it is due to age.