Any 5'6" women out there?

Options

Replies

• anaboneana
    anaboneana Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I'm currently around 115-120. But, I also have a small structure... I think anywhere between 115-140 is perfectly acceptable. I'm sorta skinny-fat, trying to get toned. I've seen people who are about 130-140 and beautifully sculpted so.. I don't think weight is really all that important.
  • CopperGalaxy
    CopperGalaxy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi there i'm pretty much exactly the same. Currently about 80kg which is 176 pounds and aiming for 62kg, around 137 pounds :-) Seems a pretty healthy weight in terms of BMI but if my weight evens out slightly higher than that and I feel healthy I won't mind. Not bothered about being stick thin, just healthy! Good luck, good to know there are others out there trying for the same goal! xx
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'6 and 130 pounds is my goal weight :smile:
  • Avistew
    Avistew Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'6", I started at 179 and I'm 158 right now. My first goal is 150, my second goal is 140. I think your personal goal will depend on your frame, probably between 120-125 for a thin frame and 145-150 for a heavier one would be my guesses, but the range might actually be bigger than that.

Don't forget if you're working out that the muscle will add to your weight.
  • Em_runs_away
    Em_runs_away Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm aiming for 140-133 ish I felt best at this weight. I'm currently 150lbs.
  • melissamoldovan
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and around 135 lbs right now, but I have a small frame and my amount of fat isn't ideal. I'm an athlete, so losing weight is probably not what I want to be doing, but getting more fit is. My goal is to just get rid of some fat so I look as strong as I feel.
  • Luciabella07
    Luciabella07 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm between 5'5" and 5'6". I set my goal weight to 130 at first, but realistically would probably want to get down to about 125 so I changed it. I want to gauge it when I get down to that size to see if 125 would be too small. Feel free to add me!
  • vicyvix
    vicyvix Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I wish! Only a little 5'4" :( I might dust off the medieval stretching rack...
  • KinzieElise
    KinzieElise Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and I certainly fought for that last inch! I'm currently 177 and my goal weight is 140ish. We'll see what I feel like when I get there. I've considered going down to 135 too but my current goal is 140. I started out my weight loss when I realized I had gotten up to 200 lbs (only 37 lbs less than my dad who is a good 6" taller than me!) I'm more than willing to be anybody's friend!
  • oceansablue
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'6" and my goal weight is 135, too! I'm mainly concerned with just living healthier and trying hard to become too concerned with how I will look at 135. Although I must admit that since I've always been the chubby kid I am really curious about what a 135 me will look like. Here's to all of you 5'6" women out there, let's try to meet our weight goals! Feel free to add me, just joined and would love to get/give additional support!
  • Belindacandoit
    Options
    I am 51, 5'6", and weigh 180. My goal is 153-140, ive been as slim as 120-125, i thought it was perfect for me, i had barely any body fat. That was several years ago and since then ive undergone a couple major reconstructive spine surgeries including rods. It is difficult for me to exercise due to this. I like to walk but this summer was way to hot most of the time. I am also an online college student to re-educate myself for a desk job, ive been at it for almost 2 years so i have that against me too. I am pretty sedentary! I recently purchased 2 jane fonda low impact workout dvd's, im hoping they will be something i can do with out hurting myself! I am new here, well, i started here months ago, but never followed through!
  • KellieLouise84
    Options
    I'm 5'6... Currently 152lbs and was aiming for 140 but rethinking that now.. May stop at 147 and concentrate on improving fitness. Been here about 7 months and lost 26lbs which I'm thrilled with!! Slowed down weight loss a bit more eating to lose 1/2 pound a week as well now. Feel free to add me anyone!!
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm 5'5 3/4" so a shade under 5'6. I'm currently 162, have been as low as 140 back in the day! I turn 60 this year and I'm aiming for a body fat% of under 25% not a weight. target. I have found over the years that the amount of muscle you carry vs fat makes a huge difference in how you look. I've been doing strong lifts 5x5 and while the scale is not budging the inches are and the body fat% is dropping from obese to the healthy range. I look better and fell much better with better balance, flexibility and strength.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm Kathy :) I'm 5'6" and currently around 167. What do you think is a good goal weight for your height? I've thought about around 135 but wanted to see what others the same height would say.
    5'7 and I am currently 120. Most of my profile pics are of me ar goal
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and 123 lbs. Sounds kind of light on paper but I'm small-framed. My profile pics are all at my current weight.
  • maddiec1989
    maddiec1989 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6''... I started out at 175lbs, I am down to 150lbs and my goal weight is 129lbs.
  • nikki_1123
    Options
    I'm 5'6
    I started out at 189 now I'm down to 163. I don't know what my ultimate goal is but for now I'm really trying to get down to 150 and go from there. Feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • daffy77
    daffy77 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I guess I must have a larger frame or something because I am 5'6" and my goal weight is in the 150's. I have been under 140 before and I thought and was asked if I was sick. Its been awhile though so I am aiming for there and I keep saying that when I get there then I will decide where I need to be. I am thinking maybe I just want to be in a healthy BMI but still have the curves!

Good luck all!
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I'm between 5'6" and 5'7" and I currently weigh 143 lbs. My goal weight is 135 lbs.
  • AlegriaFitness
    AlegriaFitness Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don't know.....I'm 5'6 & weigh 150. I worry more about my body fat than my weight. So maybe go for whatever body fat % you want instead.