30 day shred not seeing results...why?

Replies

• gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    So, I just looked at your photos. You're pretty petite already. You don't look like you have a significant surplus of body fat. Thus, it will take more than the 30 Day Shred to get significant results. Perhaps try a video that focuses purely on weight training and toning?
    I was just going to say that. Everybody raves about 30DS, but I personally like No More Trouble Zones better. Drawback: it's a lot longer than the 30DS. But if you rotate that and Burn Fat Boost Metabolism, you get a nice mix of strength and cardio. Throw in Yoga Meltdown and you've got yourself a pretty well rounded regime--always assuming you can press play every day!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    that sounds like a great idea.... i think i may order one of those too. just trying to figure out which one would be less harsh on my knees..
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    What results, exactly, were you hoping for?

You're already thin without a lot of fat to lose -- if you want to be more defined, you'll need to lift heavier weights. Programs like 30DS and RI30 are for fat burning -- if you are already thin and have even a little tone to your muscles, you really aren't going to see a huge difference.

I wanted to lose half a stone and tone up everywhere

Yeah, I like 30DS and RI30 and have done them both because they burn a lot of calories in a short amount of time -- but I lost no weight and only lost inches with 30ds. Once I was less flabby after 30DS, I needed way more than RI30 to see results in 30 days, so yeah. It sucks. Maybe add in some extra strength training or continue to do the programs longer than 30 days and you'll see results.
  • doonesbury
    doonesbury Posts: 281 Member
    <~~~~~~this is what 30 Day Shred has done for me. :-D

I did Level 1 for 30 days.

I am currently 24 days into doing Level 2 for 30 days.

I will do Level 3 for 30 days,

Then decide what to do next.

I dont know how to post pix here, but trust me...

Results!! :-D
  • So my Ripped in 30 came yesterday and I couldn't resist having a ago even though I did 30DS in the morning I completed level 1 of RI30 in the evening. Thing is i am due to finish 30DS on Thursday but I go on holiday next tues for 10 days. Do I start RI30 on Friday and do it til I go away or do I have a break and commence when I get back??? I don't want all my hard work to go to waste tho and Im dreading putting weight on on my holidays. What do you think? Or should I do 30DS in the morning and RI30 in the evening until I go away?????:happy:
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    if it was me i would just continue with 30ds till your trip and then start rin30 when you get back!
  • 5tephoscope
    5tephoscope Posts: 32 Member
    Maddie, you need to eat a lot more than 1200 calories/day when you are doing a lot of exercise! When you dramatically decrease the fuel you give your body, the body believes you are starving and trys to conserve your weight. This may be part of your difficulty losing weight despite trying to eat better and working out.
    Based on a loose estimate looking at your photo, you probably need *at least* 1500 cal/day. If you are also adding in cardio a few days per week, you may need more! It is important to fuel your body properly in order to increase your metabolism. With the proper amount of energy intake, you will start to see results.
    good luck!
  • Thanks for that! Im doing 30DS every day so i m going to up calories from today :happy:
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    It's funny how skinny people always ***** about this? At some point when you already skinny (although im sure you think your not) you will grow muscles and so you will weigh heavier again.
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Hey there - read this article by Chalene Johnson (she does the TurboFire workouts). It explains why you 'gain' when you start a workout program - https://www.turbokick.com/wblog/?p=709
  • I did this last year and was in the same position. What I decided was the reason is

- weight loss didn;t happen due to muscle gain
    -inches didn't reduce due to the loose skin

probably within the next 30 days I lost inches VERY fast as my skin tightened and I continued on my plan
  • paralegalnc
    paralegalnc Posts: 43 Member
    of course you're going to gain.... work out 101..... muscle weighs more than fat...
  • I've just bought 30DS but haven't started it yet - glad i've read this thread first! Interesting stuff - especially the link to the chalean extreme article. Now I know to keep up my running while doing the shred, and to expect a weight gain when I do finally start it. I love this site... :-) You clever lot you.
  • tourettte
    tourettte Posts: 142 Member
    Well I have gained weight, haven't lost any inches and my friends who haven't seen me in two weeks have noticed a positive difference. They're convinced I've lost weight.
    So I guess we're toning and loss comes later
  • It's funny how skinny people always ***** about this? At some point when you already skinny (although im sure you think your not) you will grow muscles and so you will weigh heavier again.

You're right! I absolutely do not think I am skinny nor do I want to be skinny. I just wanted to lose the few pounds that I had gained recently and to tone up!
  • cornucopiaoflove
    cornucopiaoflove Posts: 45 Member
    I completed the 30 DS a while back (it felt like an accomplishment because I barely worked out before I started). I lost a bunch of inches, but not that much weight. I think that the people who experience the most dramatic weight loss follow her diet plan to a T. On the other hand, I didn't eat the calories I burned either...which I learned on this board you're supposed to do, so keep that in mind.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    If you're not getting the results you want, try something else! I looked at your profile and you're already slim- why not try some heavy lifting for toning? You won't get bulky, just toned. There's a LOT of amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing looking women here that heavy lift. :)
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    I had the same results when I did my first round of 30DS. I'm trying Ripped in 30 this time around.

Anyway. I don't know why. I just focused on the fact that I FELT stronger and ignored the lack of loss in inches or lbs. ): It IS disappointing because people post these amazing before and afters and then my before and afters... are really just my before twice. BUT keep on pushing. You never know when the dam will break and your body will start responding.
  • I had the same results when I did my first round of 30DS. I'm trying Ripped in 30 this time around.

Anyway. I don't know why. I just focused on the fact that I FELT stronger and ignored the lack of loss in inches or lbs. ): It IS disappointing because people post these amazing before and afters and then my before and afters... are really just my before twice. BUT keep on pushing. You never know when the dam will break and your body will start responding.
    Ah thanks for that! Im am going to do just that. AM almost finished with 30DS then going to do Ripped in 30 then we'll see. Ya never know by the end of Ripped in 30 we might see amazing results! Thanks again xxx
  • :smile: Well I've just finished 30DS and am so chuffed that I did it every day for 30 days :-).
    I have only lost 3lbs though! Although I have lost 1 inch from my waist and 1.5 inches from my hips. I did think it would be more however I am so impressed with how tone my shoulders and arms look and my six pack! I feel so much stronger and toned all over just in time for my bikini next week. I cant wait to get back from my hols and start RI30! Bring it on! For all you guys that are still doing 30DS...DONT give up! I know it is hard (especially with two kids to look after and doing it at 6am) but you CAN do it! The results will make it all worthwhile! Good luck with your shredding! :smile: