Knee High Boots Week 6

Options

Replies

• KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    OK Im back. I have 50 pounds to lose in 6 months. I can do this. Im mad at myself that it took me so long to get back here. Im going to set up a post and find all your missing members. Weve dwindled. I will help us grow again.

WHOOHOO!! YOU CAN DO THIS SAMANTHA!!:drinker: I have 5-6 lbs left to go, and some toning, and my new workout regimen (pilates 2x a week at school, and zumba classes 1-2x week, in addition to my normal walks and jogs) should finally help me get there. I also set my daily calories to 1500, because in all honesty and reality, 1230 really isn't enough for me. I've only stayed under 1 time in the past year and a half, so that tells me something:laugh: 1500 is much more feasible for me. Here's to hoping it works!!

Why didn't I think of starting a new post?! I get on here every day to see if anyone has started posting again and I felt like running out crying like Joy did before!:cry::wink:
  • KaitieBug
    Options
    finally the holidays are over....can't wait to get back into a routine! I didn't workout or count cals this entire holiday.....OMG the damage i feel ive done. Tomorrow I will start. Routine will help me stay on track.
    I don't know about anyone else, but I really struggle with getting back into "it" anyway have a great first week of January girls

Good girl Barbara, you can do this!!
  • barbara12
    Options
    finally the holidays are over....can't wait to get back into a routine! I didn't workout or count cals this entire holiday.....OMG the damage i feel ive done. Tomorrow I will start. Routine will help me stay on track.
    I don't know about anyone else, but I really struggle with getting back into "it" anyway have a great first week of January girls

Good girl Barbara, you can do this!!
    Thanks so much! I hope the Knee Highs get back into the swing of things. I really miss the posts. You girls are a riot! Thanks again for the encouragement. Although I still can't bring myself to step onto the scale....:noway:
  • bertilhooks
    Options
    Hi I am Bertil, I just started today, and I am looking forward to losing. Been this way so long.
  • barbara12
    Options

Why didn't I think of starting a new post?! I get on here every day to see if anyone has started posting again and I felt like running out crying like Joy did before!:cry::wink:

lol! I can relate. I should start posting more. I usually just get a kick out of reading eveyones comments.
  • barbara12
    Options
    Hi I am Bertil, I just started today, and I am looking forward to losing. Been this way so long.

Welcome to MFP! This group is great!:smile:
  • KaitieBug
    Options

Welcome Bertil! We are trying to get things going again...everyone kinda disappeared over the holidays :sad:
  • samantha115
    Options
    Its check in day and Im here checking in. its taken me a week to take off the last 7 pounds I gained over the holidays so Im back at 200. Im not quite back to my 196 but Im getting there.
  • barbara12
    Options
    Its check in day and Im here checking in. its taken me a week to take off the last 7 pounds I gained over the holidays so Im back at 200. Im not quite back to my 196 but Im getting there.

Hey at least you are going in the right direction! lol Congrats and keep it up!
  • KaitieBug
    Options
    Blast it all I forgot to weigh in!!:grumble: Hafta do it tomorrow! Good job Samantha!!:drinker:
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    No change for me... still 210, but getting back into a routine. finally
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    No change! Sorry I've been MIA lately, I was enjoying some time off of work and now I have neck problems due to new duties at work, I had to take 3 days off this week - doctor's orders.

I bought a Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds Intervals DVD (jog/walk) so it doesn't strain my neck...any other ideas of exercise I can do? I can hop on the elliptical machine that I own too, but have to go pretty slow.

Hope everyone had a great week!
  • KaitieBug
    Options
    No change! Sorry I've been MIA lately, I was enjoying some time off of work and now I have neck problems due to new duties at work, I had to take 3 days off this week - doctor's orders.

I bought a Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds Intervals DVD (jog/walk) so it doesn't strain my neck...any other ideas of exercise I can do? I can hop on the elliptical machine that I own too, but have to go pretty slow.

Hope everyone had a great week!

Hope your neck feels better soon!! You can go for walks, it's still exercise. ..maybe some yoga?
  • barbara12
    Options
    feeling low...really low...went shopping at the mall....got hungry while shopping so ate a cinnabun-yum!. well i guess that wasn't enough 'cause i got mcdonalds on the way home YUM! slap me! Crispy chicken combo with a "diet pop" like that is really going to make it any better ..ARGGH! what's wrong with me? I knew i would hate myself for it but that didn't stop me. I cant seem to get backon the wagon. Know what Im about to do right now?.....yup make dinner for the family!!! someone sew my lips shut!
    SERIOUSLY
  • barbara12
    Options
    ok so I went out today to do some "retail therapy". I thought it would take my mind off of things, but I made it worse. Turned it into food therapy. Im about to become a babbling idiot. I apologize in advance..Here goes....I am feeling like a failure. My underage daughter came home drunk last night! This is a first for me to deal with and Im not sure if i dealt with it properly. I'm a single mom and sometimes I feel like I just can't do enough! I try very hard to keep a nice house, stay involved in my kids lives, go to work everyday, play chauffeur, chef, and I bust my butt just to keep everything going....but at the end of the day it's still just me. Have I failed as a parent? Am I failing myself? Im not trying to sound all high and mighty, but when is it "me" time? I need help ...How can I focus on weight loss, calorie counting and workouts? Now she's not talking to me and I worry about her constantly! anyway thanks for listening! :flowerforyou:
    I hope I didn't bring you down with my drama....
  • KaitieBug
    Options
    ok so I went out today to do some "retail therapy". I thought it would take my mind off of things, but I made it worse. Turned it into food therapy. Im about to become a babbling idiot. I apologize in advance..Here goes....I am feeling like a failure. My underage daughter came home drunk last night! This is a first for me to deal with and Im not sure if i dealt with it properly. I'm a single mom and sometimes I feel like I just can't do enough! I try very hard to keep a nice house, stay involved in my kids lives, go to work everyday, play chauffeur, chef, and I bust my butt just to keep everything going....but at the end of the day it's still just me. Have I failed as a parent? Am I failing myself? Im not trying to sound all high and mighty, but when is it "me" time? I need help ...How can I focus on weight loss, calorie counting and workouts? Now she's not talking to me and I worry about her constantly! anyway thanks for listening! :flowerforyou:

It's okay don't beat yourself up about the food! We all do it now and then! :flowerforyou: Next time you are craving fast food, think about what it is you REALLY want from there-french fries? burger? chicken nuggets? And just order that in the smallest size, and get a kid's size drink. Or get a kids' meal!!! That way you get your craving satisfied and you don't kill your calories for the day:bigsmile: That works best for me :happy:

And don't feel bad about venting, that is what we are all here for! You ARE NOT a failure. And I can't tell you how many times I came home loaded when I was underage and I turned out just fine:laugh: Mom and Dad only caught me twice though lol! The best thing to do is sit down with your daughter, explain why you were uncomfortable, praise/thank her if she didn't drive herself home or have drunk friends bring her home, and make sure she knows she can always call you for a ride home-you would rather her call you in the middle of the night than drive home drunk!! Try hard to treat her like an adult, and she will be more likely to act maturely about it. She's going to party with or without your permission, so the best thing to do is make sure she knows you are always there for her and you just want her to be safe/careful. Of course, if it becomes a habit, you need to intervene, but if it's just now and then it's not a huge deal.:ohwell: :wink: As for your me time, "Me Time" is a challenge, especially for parents, even more so for a single mom!! You may have to get up a little earlier to work out? Try logging your food the night before? Or try spreading workouts out throughout the day-15 jog min here, 10 min walk there...I just got the Shape Get Lean dvd in the mail and I LOVE it!! 3 different 20 minute workouts, perfect to squeeze in first thing in the morning, or right before bed. You really work up a sweat, I highly reccommend it!! You could also ask your kids to help you maybe? Go for short walks with you and such? Tell them you are trying very hard to be healthy and you need them to help you achieve your goals. I don't know your exact situation but I hope some of these suggestions help!!!
  • samantha115
    Options

It's okay don't beat yourself up about the food! We all do it now and then! :flowerforyou: Next time you are craving fast food, think about what it is you REALLY want from there-french fries? burger? chicken nuggets? And just order that in the smallest size, and get a kid's size drink. Or get a kids' meal!!! That way you get your craving satisfied and you don't kill your calories for the day:bigsmile: That works best for me :happy:

And don't feel bad about venting, that is what we are all here for! You ARE NOT a failure. And I can't tell you how many times I came home loaded when I was underage and I turned out just fine:laugh: Mom and Dad only caught me twice though lol! The best thing to do is sit down with your daughter, explain why you were uncomfortable, praise/thank her if she didn't drive herself home or have drunk friends bring her home, and make sure she knows she can always call you for a ride home-you would rather her call you in the middle of the night than drive home drunk!! Try hard to treat her like an adult, and she will be more likely to act maturely about it. She's going to party with or without your permission, so the best thing to do is make sure she knows you are always there for her and you just want her to be safe/careful. Of course, if it becomes a habit, you need to intervene, but if it's just now and then it's not a huge deal.:ohwell: :wink: As for your me time, "Me Time" is a challenge, especially for parents, even more so for a single mom!! You may have to get up a little earlier to work out? Try logging your food the night before? Or try spreading workouts out throughout the day-15 jog min here, 10 min walk there...I just got the Shape Get Lean dvd in the mail and I LOVE it!! 3 different 20 minute workouts, perfect to squeeze in first thing in the morning, or right before bed. You really work up a sweat, I highly reccommend it!! You could also ask your kids to help you maybe? Go for short walks with you and such? Tell them you are trying very hard to be healthy and you need them to help you achieve your goals. I don't know your exact situation but I hope some of these suggestions help!!!

Amen sista.
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options

Amen sista.

I second that! I hope things get better for you Barbara.
    Kaitie, you're such a great motivator!
  • barbara12
    Options

Amen sista.

I second that! I hope things get better for you Barbara.
    Kaitie, you're such a great motivator!

Oh thankyou sooo much Kaitie, Samantha and Nikki! You guys have no idea how much you have helped me! I really appreciate your support and encouragement. I guess I may have overreacted to my situation...thanks Kaitie for giving me perspective!
    I feel much better You girls really do ROCK!!!
    I will keep all your wam thoughts close today. BECAUSE TODAY I CLAW MY WAY BACK ONTO THE WAGON!!! CHEERS GIRLS! and again a very sincere Thank-you! :flowerforyou:
  • lovechocolate
    Options
    Hello. When I logged on just now I saw your group and it made me smile! You see, I bought a pair of knee high boots today...! They fit , but the side zip is a little bit tight and in the shop I thought that maybe in a few weeks they will be a bit more comfortable. I have lost 2lbs this week and I am aiming to lose 14lbs in total.