I'm so FLIPPIN' tired of this!!!

Options

Replies

• Tarin626
    Tarin626 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    A little red wine is actually good for u or so the studies say :-) Its the anti-oxidants and other natural chemicals from the processed red grape skin.

Alcohol is empty calories but u have a handle on your exercise and same with the alcohol slowing down ur metabolism - exercise will counter-balance that.

Everything in moderation.

Same thing for chocolate - dark has more nutrients but a treat once in a while is fine!

You actually sound like u are on track - so congrats! And allow yourself some good things - otherwise you'll reach your goal weight and never eat chocolate/drink wine again? Didn't think so :smile: Better to work them in now to your routine!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Like Snickers? Find healthy alternatives. Snicker's makes protein bars... they taste like candy, but pack between 10-20g of protein. Can't feel guilt when you're getting nutrition. :wink:

http://www.marathonbars.com/products.php

Wow that is great info. Thanks for posting this.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why you feel you need so many rules. Fit your wine and snickers bar in every day. I would go nuts if I tried to eat by some of the "rules" these people have.

This.

Are you NEVER going to have wine, cheese, or any of those foods again? No? So, why are you cutting them out now instead of trying to figure out how to have them within a healthy lifestyle?
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Totally get where you're coming from, but we just have to pick ourselves up and push harder even if we feel like we've already failed we just need to persist and make all those "failures" into successes.
    I've been extremely unhealthy and now I'm trying to force myself back into healthy. It's the best I can do because I hate feeling discontent with what I had been doing to myself.
    Good luck to you however :)
  • slimsconie
    Options
    NOW WHAT MAKES YOU THINK U R FAILING???? I'VE DONE THIS SO MANY TIMES BUT I JUST KEEP IT MOVING. THE DEVIL DOESN'T WANT US TO SUCCEED, HE WANTS US TO LOOK AT OUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND STILL MAKE US BELIEVE WE STILL AREN'T DOING THIS RIGHT. I GOT YOUR BACK, BLOCK OUT ALL THOSE NEGATIVE THOUGHTS, WHICH MAY INCLUDE CERTAIN PPL AROUND YOU CAUSE THEY ARE JEALOUS OF YOU !!!!! YES I SAID IT:0) CONTINUE TO REACH FOR THE PRIZE, YOU ARE ALMOST THERE. LIKE OUR BIBLES SAY.... FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT & DON'T LOOK BACK. IF I DON'T HAVE YOU AS A FRIEND, I DO NOW AND CONTACT ME ANYTIME.

slimSCONIE
  • staceface519
    Options
    I don't understand why you feel you need so many rules. Fit your wine and snickers bar in every day. I would go nuts if I tried to eat by some of the "rules" these people have.

This.

Are you NEVER going to have wine, cheese, or any of those foods again? No? So, why are you cutting them out now instead of trying to figure out how to have them within a healthy lifestyle?

TOTALLY AGRE!!. . plus certain chocoalte has antioxidents, which we all know, are good for you so have your square of chocolate and feel good about it!. . . typically i dont drink win with all the sulfites in it. . . thats not entirely good for you (even though grapes are). . . but if thats what u want u can have it. . just in moderation. . and dont go overboard!. . a glass of red wine with dinner every night can help ur heart . . lol. . so i wouldnt feel too bad about having that. . .
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I regularly incorporate small amounts of wine, microbrew beer, full fat cheese, and organic dark chocolate into my eating. I get good quality stuff. I don't believe in putting any "real" food off limits (donuts and Little Debbie snack cakes, on the other hand... :tongue: )

When you know you're going to have it and it's not a big deal and it fits into your calories, it's good for your psychological well being. It prevents you from going nuts and bingeing.
  • Terree83
    Terree83 Posts: 93
    Options
    I totally understand your frustrations! I do the exact same thing. I will have a solid month of being awesome... eating right, working out every day... and then I blow it. Life ends up getting in the way and I'm not able to make the gym for two days and then I fall off the wagon. But.. I've figured out that that's okay! Most of us have normal lives where we have to go to work or school every day.. have kids to take care of.. we don't get paid to workout and look like super models!

Anyway.. I love my wine as much as you do, so I make sure to fit it in. I don't drink it every night, but after a really long day, I'm certainly not going to deprive myself of it!

I think it's important to balance the good with the bad. I think I've posted this before, but I saw a post from Jillian Michaels once that I always follow. It's the 80/20 rule. Make sure that 80% of your calories come from food with nutritional value that will supply your body with what it needs.. fruits, veggies, proteins, etc. The other 20% can be other things.. your wine, the Snicker's bar that you're craving... any of it! I've been living by this and have been losing a steady 1-2 lbs per week. Plus, it makes me way less likely to have a full-on cheat day and stuff my face with everything I want.
  • slimsconie
    Options
    P.S. EAT THAT LITTLE PIECE OF JUNK FOOD.... THEN BE DONE WITH IT. I MIGHT HAVE A MILKY WAY TODAY MYSELF :)

slimSCONIE
  • Pedalpush
    Pedalpush Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    It's all about balance baby! I would reiterate so much of what has already been said, but why? Just know that you won't "ruin" everything by having another glass of wine or a baby Snickers...especially if you do Crossfit later in the day. You're just adding more fuel on which to fire. So do an extra set of something... Walk around the block... Run up and down the stairs a couple of times...

Beating yourself up doesn't burn that many calories...not worth it.
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're going from one extreme to the other -- and that you need some more balance. It's not about cutting out food groups and not eating this or that it's just about having some balance. Allow yourself that glass of wine or that bite-sized snickers bar -- just don't go overboard and ONLY eat junk. Eat lean meats, veggies, fruits, etc. and allow yourself that one small treat a day. Don't beat yourself up about it though.
  • robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    Options

You are my twin !i say the same thing!
  • JanineAron
    Options
    Hi there, just remember that life is too short and you need to enjoy yourself. Live by the 80/20 rule - 80% of the time you are good and 20% is for the little extra's that you enjoy and then you don't feel like you are missing out! The rule of the game is to know when to stop and then you will be fine. A glass of wine in the evening is not going to add the pounds, but a bottle of wine is, so enjoy the glass and make it count! Keep on going - don't give up!
  • AnnMarie518
    Options
    You are being way too hard on yourself. It seems with your diet and your attitude towards this journey. Losing weight is easy and it's hard at other times. Wine is fine, it's like 90 calories a glass... And a bite size snickers is nothing. I have PCOS and have been on this journey eating some hot head, chipotle, and other foods like chinese and indian food while still losing. It's a little slower than most, but I lost about 16 pounds in 2-3 months, but I didn't get tired of it and I'm still not tired of all of this. You have to let yourself cheat some and get away with a few things or you will give up because you are making it harder than it needs to be. Now, having that strict attitude is a good thing, but too much of that attitude will start weighing heavy on you like it's doing.

AMEN! This is exactly how I feel as well. I notice some people on here that are very strict on themselves. While that may work for them, it will NOT work for me. Have to remember everyone is an individual, and their body is different from the next person. Find what works for YOU personally. Out of EVERY piece of advice I have gotten/read on here that is the best one....do what works for YOU personally.

I eat 1900 a day, gym 3 times per week.

I am loosing weight and feeling much better. Yes, it may be a little slower then some people on here, but it works for me and I am happy with it. Sure I would like to loose a little faster, but certainly NOT at the risk of denying myself anything. I refuse to do that. I eat what I want. Its about portion controll, and adding healthy options to my diet. I ate McDonalds this week....also ate chocolate icecream bar too! But I also have eaten more veggies and fresh foods too!

DONT be so hard on yourself. In my personal experience, the harder/stricter I was with myself, the quicker I got tired of it and just 'over indulged' and pigged out because I was sooooo tired of restricting myself. Find what works for you, and dont deny yourself!
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    All I have to say is.....arg haha it is tough because we are humans and it is human nature but motivation and support is key to succeeding
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    You're the only one making the rules. So of course you're going to get annoyed after awhile if the rules are "too strict"-- but hey! You made them up!

You can change your rules.

The problem with an indulgance or a treat is that it can be easy to give yourself one every day... and you know what... I wouldn't call that a treat, not really. On the other hand, if you're just calling it dessert, just have a little every day and ENJOY IT for goodness sake :wink:

Or there's always the idea of a cheat meal. Once a week, maybe on your hardest workout day, have exactly what you want for ONE MEAL and make sure it's followed by two glasses of wine and a big slice of chocolate cake. You might even get to the point where you want less and less and maybe can even quit needing a cheat day. But it doesn't sound like you're interested in that right now. So do what you have to do.

Perhaps once you reach your fitness goals, if quitting booze is in your future, think about it then. Not everyone has the personality to be able to just quit everything all at once. I've quit coffee, but not sweets, and you can pry my Guinness from my cold dead hands :laugh: But I go through periods where I have to abstain from alcohol, too.
  • skyblu263
    skyblu263 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You guys are all AMAZING!!!! Thank you all for commenting and helping me through. You all actually made me feel 10,000 times better!!!!!! I need to work on moderation. Now where's that Snickers bar??!!!! And I'm still going to Crossfit! XOXO's to you guys!!!! THANK YOU!!!
  • thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    The timeliness of this post is amazing. I ate an entire bad of Pretzel M&Ms yesterday and found myself feeling much the same way (granted eating the whole bag was NOT a great idea). To me, the whole exercise in eating was less about eating the entire bag, but that overwhelming feeling of not having choices anymore.

I have indicated all along that this is a journey, a lifestyle change, but I am a little burned out right now of the counting -- preparing foods in advance so I can eat healthy at work and making sure I've packed foods for when I'm out and about. My post yesterday was I think I want to do maintenance for awhile and keep up the exercise piece that I've worked hard to get to.

I'm torn. I have more weight I want to lose, so what's the best way to go about this? Keep eating the same and counting every calorie or exercise more and worry less about tracking every calorie?

For me, I haven't settled on what path I'm most apt to follow. I do know one thing -- the support I have from this forum is what's kept me going on more than one occasion, so I won't give this up. Until I figure out how to march into the next chapter of this journey, I'll keep plugging along.

If you'd like some support, feel free to friend me. I'm game to provide support and maybe we can bounce ideas off of each other.
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    Glad you're feeling better. Save the thread and give it a visit next time you're down
    Have a great day and enjoy crossfit
  • olong
    olong Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Saying "Oh I've already ruined my good eating for the day, I'll just eat like crap", is like saying "oh I dropped my cellphone on the ground, I'll just smash it until it breaks".

I wouldn't let it bother you. Just fit it in your calories for the day. I go over sometimes and I'm still losing weight! You will do this!

^^^^ This! Seriously, this is training for a lifetime of healthier living, not for the short-term results. If you would like wine in your lifetime life style, have it -- in moderation -- and plan for it in your calories/exercise. Then.... ENJOY that glass with NO regrets!!!